Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

after the beating he took against manny, it is time .. but dude is a legend and will probably be just as big in his promotions .... whooped some ass in his days ...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
LOL..I just never really cared for him. Don't get me wrong he had his moments of glory. I am still mad over the Vargas vs DeLaHoya fight..They gave it to him when he clearly lost. But hey thats the way the cookie crumbles.
huh? what fight are you talking about? Vargas was on roids and still got his ass stopped by DLH ... nothing was given in that fight, oscar took it with authority .. unless you are talking about another fight ....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
huh? what fight are you talking about? Vargas was on roids and still got his ass stopped by DLH ... nothing was given in that fight, oscar took it with authority .. unless you are talking about another fight ....
I think she is just a Vargas fan...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-14-2009, 09:50 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I think she is just a Vargas fan...
no, that is cool, and if it went the distance and she thought vargas, won, she can think that, but when a fight gets stopped you can't really say that the fight was given to anyone ... i
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
no, that is cool, and if it went the distance and she thought vargas, won, she can think that, but when a fight gets stopped you can't really say that the fight was given to anyone ... i
No, you are right. DLH stomped Vargas, but I think I had a major brain fart. I think she meant to reference DLH's fight with PBF and I think that threw me off.

Sorry, it's been a long week.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I think she is just a Vargas fan...
Its kinda complicated I am not really a fan, but its kinda something most people won't understand. They went 11rounds some of the rounds were given to Oscar that were not IMO worthy. Once again I can predict responses to my post already. lol. Amusing ....I have an uncle who is a known boxing referee and we have debated over this for hours.. lol! He was even on Oscars boxing show.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
huh? what fight are you talking about? Vargas was on roids and still got his ass stopped by DLH ... nothing was given in that fight, oscar took it with authority .. unless you are talking about another fight ....
It really wasnt that big of an ass stomping for boxing... Especially 11 rounds?!

FIGHTERS De La Hoya Vargas
TOTAL PUNCHES
Thrown 660 525
Connected 281 227
% 43% 43%
JABS
Thrown 423 136
Connected 171 59
% 40% 43%
POWER PUNCHES
Thrown 237 389
Connected 110 168
% 46% 43%
JUDGES SCORECARDS
Jarman-Manning 94 97
Smith 96 94
Tucker 96 94
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
It really wasnt that big of an ass stomping for boxing... Especially 11 rounds?!

FIGHTERS De La Hoya Vargas
TOTAL PUNCHES
Thrown 660 525
Connected 281 227
% 43% 43%
JABS
Thrown 423 136
Connected 171 59
% 40% 43%
POWER PUNCHES
Thrown 237 389
Connected 110 168
% 46% 43%
JUDGES SCORECARDS
Jarman-Manning 94 97
Smith 96 94
Tucker 96 94
Hey, don't get me wrong, I got nothing but love, but Vargas did get stopped. It was clear. DLH had his ticket, and he punched it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Hey, don't get me wrong, I got nothing but love, but Vargas did get stopped. It was clear. DLH had his ticket, and he punched it.
Stopped or not it wasnt a TKO..Obviously we know the outcome and truth is the fight was not such a stomp on Oscars part. Anyways like I said im not a big ol' Vargas lover, but I guess its a Cali thing for me not liking DLH.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

You got the thread title all wrong. It should read "Manny Pacquaio Retires De La Hoya"
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.