Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Did you ONLY visit Hillsboro on your last trip Dave?
YES
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:35 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
YES


America is about as diverse as it gets in this place we call earth, which means we have everything from the worst of the worst to the best of the best.

You went to one of the most laid back and friendly parts there is.

Granted, you still had to come in from Chicago or St Louis...

Or does Hillsboro have an airport?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake


America is about as diverse as it gets in this place we call earth, which means we have everything from the worst of the worst to the best of the best.

You went to one of the most laid back and friendly parts there is.

Granted, you still had to come in from Chicago or St Louis...

Or does Hillsboro have an airport?
Philadelphia to Chicago by plane.

I was escorted from Chicago Airport by Car to Hillsboro by a Member of your Department of Defense and Former US Marine...actually let me say the 5 hours I spent with him (apart from the car when we got back in from our motorway stop) was so much nicer then the five mins I spent with the Customs Official in Philadelphia...I had wondered why they needed to remind people on little plagues that it is a felloney offense (whatever that means, but it sounded painful so I assumed it was uber bad) to assult a customs official

When I left the booth I could see why such a sign was called for

btw...I only visit the nice parts of any country, and only associate with the very best that country has to offer
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Philadelphia to Chicago by plane.

I was escorted from Chicago Airport by Car to Hillsboro by a Member of your Department of Defense and Former US Marine...actually let me say the 5 hours I spent with him (apart from the car when we got back in from our motorway stop) was so much nicer then the five mins I spent with the Customs Official in Philadelphia...I had wondered why they needed to remind people on little plagues that it is a felloney offense (whatever that means, but it sounded painful so I assumed it was uber bad) to assult a customs official

When I left the booth I could see why such a sign was called for

btw...I only visit the nice parts of any country, and only associate with the very best that country has to offer
Okay so Boomer drove you from point A to point B, no need for the gay overdescription


Seriously, America is not NEARLY as friendly as visiting Hilsboro miight have you believe.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Okay so Boomer drove you from point A to point B, no need for the gay overdescription


Seriously, America is not NEARLY as friendly as visiting Hilsboro miight have you believe.
its cant be that bad, because i've never met an American I didnt like yet

Like the Americans at the store are funny, the Americans down in London were amazing, everyone is friendly on the website, and when I visited Hillsboro...everyone seemed nice (Mark Hughes was a bit scary...but nice )
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
its cant be that bad, because i've never met an American I didnt like yet

Like the Americans at the store are funny, the Americans down in London were amazing, everyone is friendly on the website, and when I visited Hillsboro...everyone seemed nice (Mark Hughes was a bit scary...but nice )
Want friendly? I suggest Texas..My moms family mostly resides there. In Ft Worth....Nice friendly folks..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
its cant be that bad,
I really wish you were right.

Last edited by J.B.; 04-15-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-15-2009, 03:19 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
its cant be that bad, because i've never met an American I didnt like yet

Like the Americans at the store are funny, the Americans down in London were amazing, everyone is friendly on the website, and when I visited Hillsboro...everyone seemed nice (Mark Hughes was a bit scary...but nice )
Hahaha, again, that's because you've only ever been to Hillsboro!

Seriously, though. When you're in NYC, try asking someone a follow-up question on something you don't understand.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Want friendly? I suggest Texas..My moms family mostly resides there. In Ft Worth....Nice friendly folks..
Amy says she thinks I might suffer from the heat too much in Texas though
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Hahaha, again, that's because you've only ever been to Hillsboro!

Seriously, though. When you're in NYC, try asking someone a follow-up question on something you don't understand.
I'm not going to New York any more
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.