Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-13-2009, 07:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

sounds good ..
Old 04-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
I'd like to give it a try too. I also want to learn from the Bible.

I don't know if you guys remember or not but 7 weeks ago my son was hurt and should not have survived. All the drs said there was no explanation why he lived. It's sure showed me and my whole family what it important. I had never been to church before that. I've went just once since then and plan on going on a regular basis once I'm able to take him to the Sunday School and not worry about him bumping his head(5 more weeks til the all clear). I don't know much about God or the Bible but I prayed to him so much and he answered. I know how blessed we are and need to prove my love back to God.
Tracy
You know more then you think Tracy =)

Give yourself up to God is the first step towards being saved
Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
I'd like to give it a try too. I also want to learn from the Bible.

I don't know if you guys remember or not but 7 weeks ago my son was hurt and should not have survived. All the drs said there was no explanation why he lived. It's sure showed me and my whole family what it important. I had never been to church before that. I've went just once since then and plan on going on a regular basis once I'm able to take him to the Sunday School and not worry about him bumping his head(5 more weeks til the all clear). I don't know much about God or the Bible but I prayed to him so much and he answered. I know how blessed we are and need to prove my love back to God.
Tracy
Ahh Tracy!! I feel you!! I have never prayed so much and particulary went outta my selfish ways to seek Christ like I do now. I have learned a lot the past few months and I know all my blessings are because of GOD not luck. All those times when I wanted to give up, because of my ex-husbands affair and our divorce something always comforted me and said "stand don't fall." I know who it was..
Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Crisco

Awesome so there is a real interest!

Ok so I'm thinking first we need to choose a book and then work on certain chapters.

James was already a suggestion anyone else have any ideas? Or have a specific topic you want to focus on for our first week?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Awesome so there is a real interest!

Ok so I'm thinking first we need to choose a book and then work on certain chapters.

James was already a suggestion anyone else have any ideas? Or have a specific topic you want to focus on for our first week?
James would be a good choice. Jude would also be good and has a lot of warnings to the Church that still apply today; but it's just one chapter, so it's really short.

If you want to do an Old Testament book, then I'd suggest Jonah or Daniel. Although Daniel is a prophecy book, it does have some of the more memorable Biblical stories in it.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
James would be a good choice. Jude would also be good and has a lot of warnings to the Church that still apply today; but it's just one chapter, so it's really short.

If you want to do an Old Testament book, then I'd suggest Jonah or Daniel. Although Daniel is a prophecy book, it does have some of the more memorable Biblical stories in it.
We can get to all of them sooner or later, shall we start with James?

[
Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Miss Foxy

When this bible study does get started can we somehow ban anyone that wants to dispute Christianity. I understand everyone will have different interpretations of how each verse might apply, but last thing I want to see is the great debate over "is there a God or not."
Old 04-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
When this bible study does get started can we somehow ban anyone that wants to dispute Christianity. I understand everyone will have different interpretations of how each verse might apply, but last thing I want to see is the great debate over "is there a God or not."
Non-believers are encouraged to read with us but at the first sign of disrespect to anyone involved or to the bible I have no issue with getting rid of that person.

James it is then I will start another clean thread I'd ask everyone to avoid posting in it until we have completed James.

Ugh this is the time Mod powers come in Handy Alas poor Boomer is away..
Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

yes please.

Judges is fun to read
Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I'm down. This is basically my last big week of school so I'll have plenty oftime to read & participate.