Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:22 AM
matthughesfan21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Wow, all those super cool fighters and they're picking the wrong guy
I have to say though, what I find to be pretty pathetic, is that it all seems to boil down to BJ's cardio. Now, correct me if I wrong, but isn't that something you can train for? To have better cardio?
yes it is, but it's always been his Achilles heel...so I guess they are saying is, if his cardio is good, they think he will win because talent wise, he's got lots of it
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Wow, all those super cool fighters and they're picking the wrong guy
I have to say though, what I find to be pretty pathetic, is that it all seems to boil down to BJ's cardio. Now, correct me if I wrong, but isn't that something you can train for? To have better cardio?

I do not think Cardio will be too much of a factor.
BJ has been in the altitude tent and training hard, but who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,786
Default

That's the whole thing " who knows".Why should anyone care if he doesnt? Why would someone BET on someone and just HOPE that they cardio trained





Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I do not think Cardio will be too much of a factor.
BJ has been in the altitude tent and training hard, but who knows.
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:49 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,786
Default

Yeah, then when he loses because he fought like crap everone will say " it was his cardio".I just don't understand how anybody can have any respect for him at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
yes it is, but it's always been his Achilles heel...so I guess they are saying is, if his cardio is good, they think he will win because talent wise, he's got lots of it
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
That's the whole thing " who knows".Why should anyone care if he doesnt? Why would someone BET on someone and just HOPE that they cardio trained
Because there is a good chance that he wins without cardio. I agree though he better be serious about it and I think he will.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-27-2009, 04:42 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Because there is a good chance that he wins without cardio. I agree though he better be serious about it and I think he will.
In a lot of peoples eyes he did last time.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-27-2009, 06:35 AM
ERStettin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

BJ all the way.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

last fight was a split, very controversial. BJ was totally gassed and GSP just laid on him. fight should have been stood up numerous times. GSP kept looking at the clock when he was on Penn. GSP got points for the takedown but did nothing with them. he should have had those points taken away.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

GSP will just have to shut those midgets up.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
GSP will just have to shut those midgets up.
LOL .. i second that ..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.