Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-10-2009, 04:34 PM
atomdanger

Default Anderson Silva calls out Wandy and Damien Maia

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/4/10...anderson-silva

Quote:
“How much do you weigh? So why are you going to get yourself in trouble?” Anderson asked of Wanderlei.

Anderson has his own answer to the question: He called Wanderlei’s move to 185 “pretentious.”

“Saying that you will beat me up or submit me is very easy, but there have been people trying to do that for some time and are not reaching their goal, Demian.”

Oooo, although Wandy isn't a very big LHW, I think he belongs at MW.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 PM

Good on Anderson, there are a lot of people queing up that all fanncy their chances but they gotta back that stuff up!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:35 PM
MMeh

A bit of a rivalry could be great for 185. Anderson looked like he was going through the motions against Cote, you could tell he wasn't challenged by that matchup. We've all seen how awesome a motivated Spider can be (the Henderson and Franklin fights being the best examples), and the fact that he and Wand used to be teammates/Maia is Wand's teammate and a guy with the type of skill set that could give Anderson problems, and we could see some sick fights. Kind of reminds me (on a smaller scale) of the BTT-Chute Box feud that gave Pride so many great fights/some real entertaining theatre.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:55 PM
TheConcretekid

Yeah I saw that, when Anderson listed the top 5 possible contenders for his belt he didn't even mention Damian Maia
Old 04-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Sounds like Silva is scared.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMeh
A bit of a rivalry could be great for 185. Anderson looked like he was going through the motions against Cote, you could tell he wasn't challenged by that matchup. We've all seen how awesome a motivated Spider can be (the Henderson and Franklin fights being the best examples), and the fact that he and Wand used to be teammates/Maia is Wand's teammate and a guy with the type of skill set that could give Anderson problems, and we could see some sick fights. Kind of reminds me (on a smaller scale) of the BTT-Chute Box feud that gave Pride so many great fights/some real entertaining theatre.
Well it should, because Wandi & Maia are Chute exports & the Spider's a BTT product. They've started new gyms here in the US, but that's where they come from.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Well it should, because Wandi & Maia are Chute exports & the Spider's a BTT product. They've started new gyms here in the US, but that's where they come from.
Anderson Silva is also from CB
Old 04-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Anderson Silva is also from CB
Yeah, originally, but they f-ed him over so he went to BTT.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:43 AM
lc87

I just love watching andersons artwork in the cage. He's so smooth and graceful can't wait till he gets some real competition. You could tell he was toying with cote and destroyed everyone else.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:26 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
I just love watching andersons artwork in the cage. He's so smooth and graceful can't wait till he gets some real competition. You could tell he was toying with cote and destroyed everyone else.
That gif of him slipping Rich's punches in the second fight was incredible. RIch is world class, and Silva was at least 2 levels above him. Mind boggling how good he is...