Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Blmfighter

Twinsmama,

Are you really that scared that you walk around with you hand on your gun? Don't get me wrong if we had the right to carry I would. walking around with a gun in your bag is different then walking around with your hand on it.

Maybe I'm dumb however I hope that I'm never scared enough that I have to walk around like that.

Using some skills like looking around and being aware of your enviorment could help keep you out of trouble more then a gun.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Hughes fanboy

Yay for our new president!!! Once again he proves to be the most awesomest and smarterest politicians ever! (and he looks great in photographs too-thanks Oprah!) Yay!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk9GwXJNM2c
Old 04-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Twinsmama

Yes I am that scared. I keep it in my purse if I'm not at work. If I'm walking in a dark parking lot (like at the grocery store, my work w/no lighting or the mall) I have it on top of everything in my purse and keep my hand on it. I am more cautious when i have my 4 year olds with me. I must not have said clearly what I meant. I don't walk around waving it in the air or anything I don't always walk around with my hand on it. I use common sense. We all learned about those "skills" when we were 6. A gun doesn't keep you out of trouble. I should also mention I understand when and when not to shoot someone. purse snatcher=no, someone running at me , warn -then shoot if they keep coming.

Obviously I look around while I'm walking and pay attn to the surroundings. There has been 3 woman attacked in the last month in my county. I do live outside of town but it is still within 15 miles. An older lady was just beaten to death 2 days ago (by a 14 and 15 year old!), a woman and her 7 year old were got into her car and a man forced his way in (at a busy mall). She and her 7 year old were both shot in the head. there is a man that parks in my parking lot at work that sleeps in his truck. i've call cops to run him off but for some reason he keeps coming back and the cops don't do anything about it. Sometimes i work until 8 or 9 and it is pitch black w/ no lights. Any body outside can see i'm in here alone. I don't think it would be wise of me to walk out without some protection close by. There is actually an area under the stairs where someone could stand if they were hiding. Of course i should be home at that time and wouldn't have to worry about it...but i've got kids to feed so i need to work late sometimes. Also 4 invasions in the last 2 months in our county when the people were home!! 2 of them killed the intruders.

Sometimes skills won't keep you safe. I like to think I'm not scared of bad people, I know they are everywhere and I want to feel like I can protect myself and children if i have to.

I didn't mean to write a book but I don't want you thinking I'm a crazy person that has my gun in my hand all the time. What would you do it your skills didn't keep you safe? Or maybe better question what if they didn't keep your wife safe?

I also would like to say you are not dumb we just grew up different. I grew up around guns so it's not a big deal for me to carry one. some of my friends have never shot one and I don't think they should even consider carrying one. that may be more dangerous!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Blmfighter

I understand what you are saying, I just think that if it is that bad that you have to walk around with your hand in your bag on your gun then maybe you might want to think about moving.

Don't get me wrong I grew up around guns and I would shot someone if I had too. I can see having the gun with you at all times. It is just the walking around with your hand on it. If you are aware of what is going on around you, you should have enough time to get the gun out of your bag before something happens.

I don't think your wrong for doing it I just think if I was that scared that I would move. I know that it is hard to move and it is hard to find a new job and it cost to move and the whole deal. i just think that when people want something they can usually find a way to get it. If the crime gets much worse here I'm going back to the town I came from.

I don't think you should run away, I just think everyone should put themselves in a place that is safer. It is kind of like the guys in the ghetto that walk around with guns and pulling them out all the time. They say they have to because everyone has guns there. Well if they all feel that way what is the point they could all feel that they donít need guns and no one would have them. Where I come from if you have a problem with someone you donít shoot them you beat them down and then move on.

I hope this makes sense because Iím starting to get of topic.

sorry
Old 04-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
I just think everyone should put themselves in a place that is safer. It is kind of like the guys in the ghetto that walk around with guns and pulling them out all the time. They say they have to because everyone has guns there.

Where I come from if you have a problem with someone you donít shoot them you beat them down and then move on.
Yeah I'm like the guys in the ghetto walking around pulling out my gun all the time because everyone else has them

This is where I come from but it's not the good ole days anymore and since I'm a woman I can't exactly put a beat down on someone

it's almost 5 here so i need to get going to buy some more ammo!!

I'm just joking around with you i know exactly what you are saying and thanks for the concern.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Administrator

No offense; but, honestly, turning any sort of gun control discussion into a discussion about crime or hunting is really missing the whole point.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
No offense; but, honestly, turning any sort of gun control discussion into a discussion about crime or hunting is really missing the whole point.
I agree. I'm not planning on buying a handgun because I want to go hunting. I'm buying one in preparation of the day that the government decides that I'm not fit to make decisions anymore.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:55 AM
que

i seriously doubt we have to worry about america wrangling us up in herds and exterminating us. no way in hell that will ever happen so people shouldn't even worry about it. but i see they were just trying to prove a point though.

i think intelligent people should be allowed to own guns but i think america needs to seroiusly change how they hand guns out. the rules need to be stricter... they need to do much, much more extensive background checking all around, and much much more. it is too damn easy to buy a gun in america right now. there are too many stupid people owning guns and people who shouldn't be owning guns in the first place.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
no way in hell that will ever happen so people shouldn't even worry about it.
Never say never. It's happened over and over again and I'm sure that all of the victims of these past atrocities thought that it could never happen to them either.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
it is too damn easy to buy a gun in america right now.
This might the most ridiculous thing I have read in quite sometime. If you have ever legally bought a gun, you would know that is BS.

As for stupid people owning guns, that argument is silly. If they are gonna start taking things away from stupid people, they better start with vehicles.