Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Very interesting...and too bad people allow for comments on this on Youtube...so many keyboard warriros go on the attack and try to smear believers...
ROFL... Keyboard warriors!! I love it.. Thats a good burn!! But your right all these tards trying to make a point a dead wrong point...
Old 04-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Well, i am not an expert, but the reason we depict the nails through the hands is in Jesus' conversation with Thomas saying, put your finger here and feel my hands ....
And it's entirely possible that they could have tied His wrists while putting the nails through the palms of His hands to maximize His suffering. There's really no way to know. However, it's a minor detail and it's not like we don't know for a fact that Romans were famous for crucifixion. It's pretty much regarded as one of the most cruel, humiliating, and painful execution methods in human history.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:37 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
And it's entirely possible that they could have tied His wrists while putting the nails through the palms of His hands to maximize His suffering. There's really no way to know. However, it's a minor detail and it's not like we don't know for a fact that Romans were famous for crucifixion. It's pretty much regarded as one of the most cruel, humiliating, and painful execution methods in human history.
Pretty much .. and scientists love to discredit Christianity .. my non-Christian friends always show me stuff like this ... i just tell them that if scientists or people in general put as much effort into discrediting other religions as they do Christianity, there would be wars over it and so much backlash ....
Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Pretty much .. and scientists love to discredit Christianity .. my non-Christian friends always show me stuff like this ... i just tell them that if scientists or people in general put as much effort into discrediting other religions as they do Christianity, there would be wars over it and so much backlash ....
God said if we are being picked on we must be doing something right
Old 04-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Here is where Stigmata help.

Most stigmata victims have a hole in thier wrists, not their hands.

the position of the actual nail is not really clear, and it doesnt really matter, does it.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:07 AM
que

all of the "science" in that video is simply speculation, not science. no one knows that kind of information unless they were actually there that day to record blueprints of the dimensions of the cross/nails/hole positions/etc, which no one did. i don't understand why some people care about the science of how he died, it doesn't matter. what matters is what he died for.