Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:14 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Really. Thats the same attitude the Roman Catholic Church took when presented with the Evidence that the Earth WASNT the Centre of the Universe.
Your knowledge of history is severely flawed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Global Warming is a lload of bunkum.

I mean, the earth has always got hotter and colder, we had an ice age, we had a mini ice age, in the tenth and eleventh century we reached a climatic optimum in Europe, Southern England was producing WINE, Wine, i tells you , it was that hot.

.
So first Global warming is not true...then you say global cooling and heating happen all the time.

Make your bloody mind up
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Your knowledge of history is severely flawed.
No its not.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
So first Global warming is not true...then you say global cooling and heating happen all the time.

Make your bloody mind up

Well its a fact that the earth, warms up and gets colder.

To me it is a natural cycle that happens.

For me, it isnt Global Warming in the context that it is put in now. That we have to tinker with it, adjust it or worry about overly.

So in the context that Global Warming is thrust on me politically, i think its all bullsh@t. But the earth gets warm and cold, it just happens naturally, it always has.

There is a distinction, nothing to get angry about and my mind is made up!


Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:27 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Really. Thats the same attitude the Roman Catholic Church took when presented with the Evidence that the Earth WASNT the Centre of the Universe.

FAR from putting my Faith in men...I can handle something which YOU cant. We both know what GOD will do...but YOU Have preconceived Ideas about HOW he will do it. Just like you ASSUME that Israel reformed, means the End Times are near.

I also think its extremely unbecoming to put words into other peoples mouths. I NEVER talked about distruction by Ice, I never said Global Warming would lead to the end of Humanity, or the distruction of the Earth. Infact I said the opposite...but your to busy mocking, to even bother reading.

How can you counter my arguement if you dont even READ it. Argument and Counter Argument. Answer my argument...you'll find we dont dissagree about the End Times at all. I just trust GOD no matter what the Physical Scientific Evidence says...NOT by making up HOW GOD will do it...but saying "Ice Age? How does that Change the Revelation Prophecy???"

You need to realize that Science is NOT at War with GOD. Science is about Glorifying GOD in creation. The Roman Catholics distroyed the faith a vast majority of the world HAD in Christianity, almost singlehandedly, by doing EXACTLY the same thing YOU just did.

Now...RE-READ my Argument...and point out which bits say anything about Distruction by Ice. Tell me why you care so much that an ice age could never possibly happen...does the thought REALLY threaten your faith?? Couldnt you cope with The Northern Hemesphere under Ice, and no polar Caps???
Your also working under flawed assumptions. None of these predictions threaten me, because I truly don't believe these scientists have any clue what they are talking about.

Just because I disagree with the evidence, along with hundreds of qualified scientists, doesn't mean that I am motivated by fear of my preconceived notions being shattered. I don't believe in Global Warming any more than I believe that we evolved from monkeys.

What threatens me about Global Warming is the extremist politicians who only want power and are using this flawed theory to scare the stupid people into relinquishing their freedoms. That's the real danger, not another Ice Age when there was never even a first Ice Age to begin with.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:34 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
No its not.
You've simply fallen for revisionist history.

The Catholic Church didn't believe that the earth was the center of the universe. It believed that the earth was the garbage dump of the universe. Galileo's discovery actually elevated the earth to the status of a "heavenly body" and the Pope was very interested in the man's theory. He got put under house arrest for questioning the authority of the Pope, not for his scientific findings.

Regardless, the comparison doesn't even match up anyway. Galileo was reporting something that he and other scientists could readily observe. Global Warming is based on speculation of what happened billions of years ago, long before any climatologist was even alive. It's based on theories that can never be proven, because no one can observe first hand what the weather was like billions of years ago. They can only study soil and ice samples and try to speculate what MIGHT have happened.

You're confusing empirical science with pseudo-science.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Well its a fact that the earth, warms up and gets colder.

To me it is a natural cycle that happens.

For me, it isnt Global Warming in the context that it is put in now. That we have to tinker with it, adjust it or worry about overly.

So in the context that Global Warming is thrust on me politically, i think its all bullsh@t. But the earth gets warm and cold, it just happens naturally, it always has.
Thats what IVE been saying
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
You've simply fallen for revisionist history.

The Catholic Church didn't believe that the earth was the center of the universe. It believed that the earth was the garbage dump of the universe. Galileo's discovery actually elevated the earth to the status of a "heavenly body" and the Pope was very interested in the man's theory. He got put under house arrest for questioning the authority of the Pope, not for his scientific findings.

Regardless, the comparison doesn't even match up anyway. Galileo was reporting something that he and other scientists could readily observe. Global Warming is based on speculation of what happened billions of years ago, long before any climatologist was even alive. It's based on theories that can never be proven, because no one can observe first hand what the weather was like billions of years ago. They can only study soil and ice samples and try to speculate what MIGHT have happened.

You're confusing empirical science with pseudo-science.
No its not its based on cycles the Earth goes through naturally. Sure its a speculation...but at least its not denial.

Might there not be another Ice Age? I suppose we could be wrong...but are the polar Ice Caps melting and sea level rising...YES they are. It measurable.

Does it equate to the devistation they make out...well that depends on how you look at it. Personally, I dont see climate change as anything we cant simply adapt to.

But I wont have the complete shunning of Science. If used properly it is a tool which brings Glory to GOD

...and as for the Catholic View of the Earth...Actually they adopted the Aristotilian View of the Earth...which has the Earth at the centre, and various heights of things above it. That isnt particularly Christian, but its a view they wouldnt let go of

...you know How Catholics get with Tradition LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Priceless quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I also think its extremely unbecoming to put words into other peoples mouths.

A priceless quote from Dave. That will make a great sig!


We just all need to make a lot of ice to keep our world cooler.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Eh, killing half the worlds population would probably do us all some good.
But it seems like a silly idea.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.