Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default GO BEARS!

Cutler is ours now!

I can't believe the Bears front office finally got off their behinds and made a REAL play for a major player!

Now, we just need somebody for him to throw the ball too!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM
matthughesfan21

he can stretch the field with hester and go mid to short range with Olsen and Clark, another good receiver and they'll be set...is this like our first good QB since like the 40s haha
Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Hey, I love the Bears too, but lets not sugar coat it... We need a good WR.

Hester is not there yet, and he might not ever be.

Marvin Harrison is still a free agent, Bears need to get on it. All the Bears fans who think they should go after Anquan Boldin are wasting their time too. Boldin will end up back in AZ unless a VERY sweet deal gets put on the table and the Bears don't have anything to bargin with besides Urlacher.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

Marvin Harrison is still a free agent, Bears need to get on it. All the Bears fans who think they should go after Anquan Boldin are wasting their time too. Boldin will end up back in AZ unless a VERY sweet deal gets put on the table and the Bears don't have anything to bargin with besides Urlacher.
Urlacher isn't going anywhere! Cutler is an exciting pick up!

[
Old 04-02-2009, 11:27 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Urlacher isn't going anywhere! Cutler is an exciting pick up!
I know he is not, but my point was that Urlacher is the only player they have that is worth anything in a trade for a big name WR like Boldin.

Cutler is an exciting pick up, and we just signed Orlando Pace today too. So now the OL looks good, and we got a QB. Now the Bears just need to try and get a good WR and their offense should be set. Only time will tell.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:29 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:

I know another receiver, what I am trying to say is, even if we stay with this roster, we are better than last year and probably playoffs, Brandon Lloyd is an average receiver, and Hester will be there to compliment Cutler's cannon with his speed, he's not a great route runner, but he can burn the DB's, and he is great with quick slants...another receiver pick up and this is a major player in the superbowl contention, right now I would say playoffs but not a deep playoff team, but thats what we said about the cards also, so ya never know
Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 PM
logrus

I can't stand the Bears, but I been saying since day one that they needed Cutler bad. The kid is young and proved he could play, I'm excited for the Bears and the division. G vs B should be some exciting games now.

Best thing about Cutler is hes the perfect bait for wide receivers who are in the draft and floating around to come over to Chicago because they know Jay can drop the ball anywhere on the field.

Holt maybe, what about Harrison talk about Wide Reciever leadership for young talent.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I know another receiver, what I am trying to say is, even if we stay with this roster, we are better than last year and probably playoffs, Brandon Lloyd is an average receiver, and Hester will be there to compliment Cutler's cannon with his speed, he's not a great route runner, but he can burn the DB's, and he is great with quick slants...another receiver pick up and this is a major player in the superbowl contention, right now I would say playoffs but not a deep playoff team, but thats what we said about the cards also, so ya never know

Yes, Hester can burn DB's all day long, but he's not a very smart football player IMO. Still, Cutler is a better match for Hester simply because Cutler has the arm to overthrow him, so Hester wont be losing a step trying to turn around to catch the ball as much.

For the record, I always thought that the Cardinals were good enough to go deep in the Playoffs with their current roster, I just never thought we would end up in the Super Bowl after seeing the way AZ played in the last 5 weeks of the season. I personally see Arizona back in the playoffs and definite contender to go back to the Super Bowl.

I am happy the Bears finally made a big move like this, but truth be told, I still don't see them winning more than 10 games next season. I have already heard people saying that the Bears are the best team in the NFC, which is a joke. All I know is I am going to Stub Hub right now to secure some tickets to Soldier Field for when the Cardinals come to town.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:40 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Yes, Hester can burn DB's all day long, but he's not a very smart football player IMO. Still, Cutler is a better match for Hester simply because Cutler has the arm to overthrow him, so Hester wont be losing a step trying to turn around to catch the ball as much.

For the record, I always thought that the Cardinals were good enough to go deep in the Playoffs with their current roster, I just never thought we would end up in the Super Bowl after seeing the way AZ played in the last 5 weeks of the season. I personally see Arizona back in the playoffs and definite contender to go back to the Super Bowl.

I am happy the Bears finally made a big move like this, but truth be told, I still don't see them winning more than 10 games next season. I have already heard people saying that the Bears are the best team in the NFC, which is a joke. All I know is I am going to Stub Hub right now to secure some tickets to Soldier Field for when the Cardinals come to town.
Hester isn't a smart person period haha, but he will be valuable with the "big" play, and cutler has the arm to make it happen, I have heard reports(may just be baseless rumors) but several people I know have heard da bears are interested in Holt.////he is aging, but still an excellent receiver and even put up good numbers with the atrocious rams, he is a great possession receiver that good bring a huge upgrade to that receiving core....oh well, we'll see how it goes, but I'm excited for what possibilities lie ahead
Old 04-03-2009, 04:29 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
Hester isn't a smart person period haha, but he will be valuable with the "big" play, and cutler has the arm to make it happen, I have heard reports(may just be baseless rumors) but several people I know have heard da bears are interested in Holt.////he is aging, but still an excellent receiver and even put up good numbers with the atrocious rams, he is a great possession receiver that good bring a huge upgrade to that receiving core....oh well, we'll see how it goes, but I'm excited for what possibilities lie ahead
Holt is good, but just like Harrison, he is not a long term solution. I think this season may turn out to be some what of a transition season for both the Bears and Cards. Although, we never know...

But...say the Cardinals defense lets them down this season and Boldin does get pissy again. I could see them making the move for a big name defensive player, maybe a Lance Briggs? Again, thats all speculation, April is not really the month to be making football predictions.