Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Yet, you don't hold your religious to the same standards. I find that to be a bit hypocritical.
That's an assumption made on your part and it is NOT a correct one.

If you want to put your faith in some random person on the internet, just because they claim to be a scientist, then that's your business. However, that's not what I believe to be the stuff of true intelligence.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I've known guys who dress up like girls for Halloween but didn't end up gay. That's a pretty weak argument for claiming that he was "born gay."
i didn't say he turned gay because he dressed like a girl, i am saying he was gay and felt the need to dress up like a girl, over and over and over ... and i am not going to say it is "scientific proof" that people are born gay ...
Old 04-08-2009, 05:09 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
But what do you define as "homosexual traits?" That seems to be a very subjective term.
dropping the soap in the showers after gym is a pretty gay trait ... playing with dolls (GI Joe isn't a doll, but i never had one), asking for an easy bake oven, when it was time to wrestle, you always want to be adrian adonis ... those are some gay traits .......
Old 04-08-2009, 05:10 PM
County Mike

Quote:
But what do you define as "homosexual traits?" That seems to be a very subjective term.
Girlish voice
girlish mannerisms
girlish physical features (face, posture, etc.)

At such a young age, raised by hetero parents, it seems hard to argue that he just decided to be that way.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
dropping the soap in the showers after gym is a pretty gay trait ... playing with dolls (GI Joe isn't a doll, but i never had one), asking for an easy bake oven, when it was time to wrestle, you always want to be adrian adonis ... those are some gay traits .......
Don't forget liking the penis
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
LOL at Adrian Adonis
Buzzard

Quote:
Of course it does, which is why we need to be educated and very selective about who's opinions we regard as "truth." Some people are just so intent on proving that homosexuals are born gay, that they'll post links to an internet article written by someone they've never even met and try to use that as empirical scientific evidence.
I posted the links to give you the evidence, yet you disregard it because it goes against what you believe. I doubt that you even read anything beyond the first paragraph or two.

How did you decide that the writings of the folks of 2k+ years ago who wrote the bible were credible? They had very limited knowledge of the world and science, yet you still believe them that everything that they wrote in the book is true. You never met them did you? Again, you are being either hypocritical or inconsistent with how you determine what is and isn't truth and fact.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:12 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Don't forget liking the penis
I LOLd.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Other people are even born predisposed to have cancer, does that mean they should embrace their cancer and be proud of it? And if you accept them, then you MUST accept their cancer as part of them? I would hope not.
Are you saying that if a loved one had cancer, you wouldn't accept them? If you don't accept that cancer is a part of them, you shun them like a leper? Wow, you haven't learned much from your good book.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Are you saying that if a loved one had cancer, you wouldn't accept them? If you don't accept that cancer is a part of them, you shun them like a leper? Wow, you haven't learned much from your good book.
are you serious? i think he means, you should embrace the fact that you have it and not get help for it ... saying "oh well, i was born with it, nothing i can do" .. there is having a good argument and then just being ridiculous ....