Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-08-2009, 03:46 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Personally, I think most of them are born that way. I've known young kids who showed homosexual traits. Sure enough, they grew up to realize they were gay. To me, showing signs at such a young age is at least SOME evidence that they were born that way.

But as was said before: Being gay doesn't mean they have to act on their feelings. I think it would suck to be in that position though (gay and not wanting to sin by doing what feels natural)
yeah, knew a dude who every halloween would dress up like a chick .. without fail ... didn't even have sisters, had a couple of brothers ... brothers didn't end up gay, but this guy was
Old 04-08-2009, 03:49 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Actually, I understand true science well enough recognize when they have no real evidence and are just using the pseudo-scientific tactic known as an "argument of authority." In other words, they can't prove their claim, but they hope that their credentials and/or status within the scientific community will get people to believe them..
this is true, but in the case of this story I just told you, the scientist who recommended the sex change on the basis that you are a product of how you are raised, that man was a highly respected figure in the science community....do to his rank, no one questioned his authority, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon despite the fact that the sex change was unsuccessful(mainly because he only published the good, which was only about 5% of the child's actual life)...The doctor who argued otherwise and studied the hypothalamus, was not well known in the community, and it took him years and years of displaying his findings for really anyone to take notice.....I agree with you that some scientists use their authority to say something without factual evidence, but just remember that goes for both sides of the spectrum
Old 04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
this is true, but in the case of this story I just told you, the scientist who recommended the sex change on the basis that you are a product of how you are raised, that man was a highly respected figure in the science community....do to his rank, no one questioned his authority, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon despite the fact that the sex change was unsuccessful(mainly because he only published the good, which was only about 5% of the child's actual life)...The doctor who argued otherwise and studied the hypothalamus, was not well known in the community, and it took him years and years of displaying his findings for really anyone to take notice.....I agree with you that some scientists use their authority to say something without factual evidence, but just remember that goes for both sides of the spectrum
Ok am I totally lame today or what? Ok so this person was originally born a male, but was forced to be raised as a female??
Old 04-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Ok am I totally lame today or what? Ok so this person was originally born a male, but was forced to be raised as a female??
Yes. They screwed up the snippin the tip and then they raised him like a girl.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
yeah, knew a dude who every halloween would dress up like a chick .. without fail ... didn't even have sisters, had a couple of brothers ... brothers didn't end up gay, but this guy was
I've known guys who dress up like girls for Halloween but didn't end up gay. That's a pretty weak argument for claiming that he was "born gay."
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
He and his twin brother were born as males, they both had circumcisions within like the first 6 months of their life, but this ones circumcision was botched and basically destroyed his penis, in order to try to support their sociological belief, the doctor decided to just give him female parts and raise him as a female, as I have said already, it obviously had its major issues
Old 04-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Yes. They screwed up the snippin the tip and then they raised him like a girl.
So duh he was a boy and his body and mind knew it.I don't get how raising him as a product of his environment would matter? Very poor decision on the medical staff and family to force a male into a female.. Awful and what a tragedy....
Old 04-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
.I agree with you that some scientists use their authority to say something without factual evidence, but just remember that goes for both sides of the spectrum
Of course it does, which is why we need to be educated and very selective about who's opinions we regard as "truth." Some people are just so intent on proving that homosexuals are born gay, that they'll post links to an internet article written by someone they've never even met and try to use that as empirical scientific evidence.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:00 PM

I'm torn on the whole "born" vs. "choice".

How do we explain a person who is born a boy or girl but exhibits the "opposite" sex from the young age of a child before they've even gone through puberty or understand what "gay" is? How do we explain when a child is born one sex but literally has the "physical" attributes of the opposite sex? I know there are medical terms for this (being born with opposite organs), but I can't think of them right now.

On the other hand, I think it's simply "easier" for those in society who are awkward around the opposite sex to choose to be with the same sex in every way.

If there is something to some gays being born that way, especially if they are trying to live a Godly life in spite of their feelings, my heart breaks for them. For the other group, I see it as a total "choice" they've made against what God tells us is right.

But, either way, I agree with Crisco, you have to choose what means more to you, this temporary earthly life or your soul.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

He appointed a homosexual? That's gay.