Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html

Actually, if you read and do some research, you will find that there is some reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that they are born that way. It may take some reading to find the evidence, but it is out there for those who are willing to take the time.

I would post some more links as I have found numerous, but haven't had the time in the past few minutes to read through the plethora of them that I have found, and don't wish to provide information that I haven't verified or actually read through. I've been burned before because of this, and don't wish to provide false information if possible.
That's just a lot of theories and guesswork. No real evidence.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
This is just a sickening distortion of the truth. There is absolutely ZERO reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuals are born that way. However, in typical liberal fashion, when you have no facts to support your claim, then lie through your teeth and hope that the audience is stupid enough to believe you.
we actually watched a video in sociology class about the case of a botched circumcision at a young age which destroyed the young males genitalia, so they decided to attempt to transform him into a female based on saying the person you are is based on how you are raised...this led to many scientists doing experiments on the human brain, and once guy(Dr. Diamond) found that in the brains of males, the hypothalamus is slightly larger...They also spliced human brains of homosexuals and found that it was smaller than those of straight males...this wasn't done on just one or two brains either, it was compiled through hundreds of experiments, and the same results came on other animals as well....I still think they have control over being gay or not, but I am just trying to say there is some evidence out there, I'm not saying this evidence is set it stone, but I would say it is creditable to an extent, they did show the images of the spliced section of the hypothalamus, and the difference in size is pretty noticeable
Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 AM
timmyja

I highly doubt there will ever be any scientific evidence in our lifetimes that will support such a claim, but I know damn well nobody has ever been born saying things like "Look at thoth panth!" or "Wowwww you guyth.. thoth thingth are enormouth!"
Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Moose

Quote:
This is just a sickening distortion of the truth. There is absolutely ZERO reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuals are born that way. However, in typical liberal fashion, when you have no facts to support your claim, then lie through your teeth and hope that the audience is stupid enough to believe you.
Or, in the typical conservative fashion, you mistrust what you don't know and call gays who are telling us that they were born gay liars. That's great Nate, bringing us together a little more everyday.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
rearnakedchoke

Homosexuals can't be religious?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 PM
County Mike

Personally, I think most of them are born that way. I've known young kids who showed homosexual traits. Sure enough, they grew up to realize they were gay. To me, showing signs at such a young age is at least SOME evidence that they were born that way.

But as was said before: Being gay doesn't mean they have to act on their feelings. I think it would suck to be in that position though (gay and not wanting to sin by doing what feels natural)
Old 04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Crisco

Yea Ive known a lot of dudes that seem to have been gay from the start.

I think your stuck with the attraction no matter what you do.

You don't need to act on it your feelings though... I feel bad though being born that way really sucks if you try to live the Christian way... I guess you have to make a personal choice and decide which you want more.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
we actually watched a video in sociology class about the case of a botched circumcision at a young age which destroyed the young males genitalia, so they decided to attempt to transform him into a female based on saying the person you are is based on how you are raised...this led to many scientists doing experiments on the human brain, and once guy(Dr. Diamond) found that in the brains of males, the hypothalamus is slightly larger...They also spliced human brains of homosexuals and found that it was smaller than those of straight males...this wasn't done on just one or two brains either, it was compiled through hundreds of experiments, and the same results came on other animals as well....I still think they have control over being gay or not, but I am just trying to say there is some evidence out there, I'm not saying this evidence is set it stone, but I would say it is creditable to an extent, they did show the images of the spliced section of the hypothalamus, and the difference in size is pretty noticeable
Again, can they prove that that difference is genetic or a product of the person's environment?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Or, in the typical conservative fashion, you mistrust what you don't know and call gays who are telling us that they were born gay liars. That's great Nate, bringing us together a little more everyday.
Actually, I understand true science well enough recognize when they have no real evidence and are just using the pseudo-scientific tactic known as an "argument of authority." In other words, they can't prove their claim, but they hope that their credentials and/or status within the scientific community will get people to believe them.

I'm not calling people who claim to be born gay liars, I'm just saying that there is no way that even they can know that. Most people's memories don't go back that far.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Again, can they prove that that difference is genetic or a product of the person's environment?
The only theory they really have to prove it is gentic, because in the case of the early baby sexchange due to a botched circumcision..the now girl was less than a year old and raised as a female, they treated her as one and gave her all the things a normal girl would have, even throughout like the late elementary school age, she was unhappy and kept trying to tell her mother that she didnt feel like a normal girl, they started giving her estrogen pills right around the time of puberty, but nothing changed...This lasted well into her teenage years, the whole time very unhappy and starting to rebel against her female image...Finally around the time she was 15, her mother finally told her the truth because of how depressed she was, when she found out, she later turned herself back into a male through another sex change, but due to the screwed up childhood, he later killed himself