Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, even Satan and all of his demons believe in Jesus Christ and they are not saved. Obviously there is more to it than just belief. A willingness to submit would be another critical step.
Beat me to it
Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
so they have to tap?
Jesus didn't tap but we have too
Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
different story and yes, gays, like straight women, proposition me a lot

You poor thing! I don't know how you show yourself in public without being harassed or molested all the time.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

You poor thing! I don't know how you show yourself in public without being harassed or molested all the time.
You get use to it.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

it's a curse i tell ya....
Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, even Satan and all of his demons believe in Jesus Christ and they are not saved. Obviously there is more to it than just belief. A willingness to submit would be another critical step.
Satan and his demons are not Human. They dont Believe in Him. They simply recognise him for who he is. There is a difference. BIG Difference. Belief is about Trusting in Christ...believeing that he died for your sins...does Lucifer believe that??? about himself in relation to Christ???? No. Lucifer has no Faith in Christ. What he does have is the ability to recognise him. Thats probably because Lucifer is a created being aswell. He knows who Christ is...but to say that the demons "believe in Jesus Christ" is very poor language, especially when we are dealing with salvation.

How can thye believe in Him, when that believf is centred on the Crucifixition...where Jesus died for fallen Man...NOT Satan.

Nathan...Lucifer iis never forgiven.

Are you saying something OTHER then a simple faith/belief...saves?? THAT would mean that Salvation is based on a work...on something YOU do.

LIES

ALL you have to do is Believe. GODs Spirit does the rest. What GODs Spirit does is what Saves...and GOD doesnt extend that offer to Satan.

Havent you heard of the deathbed conversion?? Where is the time to follow Christs commandments then?? No...you follow his commandments because he inspires you with Love, and then you WANT to follow his Commandments...but you are already Saved by that point.

Really...I expected more then a work-based theology from you, considering how much you chide the Roman Catholics for it

Last edited by Tyburn; 04-08-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Salvation is the belief in Christ and the follow of his teachings.. The devil believes in Jesus but that doesn't mean he is saved David.
The following of his teachings...involves Work...it involves Salvation in YOUR hands.

Salvation is NOT based on anything you do other then to accept the FREE gift...that is why it is a FREE gift.

DONT confuse the fact that Saved people automatically begin to change after conversion...with THEM changing. Thats false...what you see is GOD changing them.

This offer isnt open to Host...so what they think of Christ is a mute point to this conversation
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I do believe most of this Countries religion teach against the sin of a Homosexual lifestyle! Being Christlike and a practicing homo sexual does NOT go together!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Hughes_GOAT

has anyone had a metaphysical or devine type experience in their lives? i have and i don't even go to church or read the Bible regularly. if it wasn't for those experiences, i wouldn't believe. i'm not sure if God is Jehovah or Allah or whoever....but i do know something is out there and it is more powerful than us and it can interfere with us when it so chooses.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Sure give them every benefit there is. I don't want it called marriage.

If you are willing to give them every benefit as marriage, isn't it marriage just by a different name then?

JULIET:
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

I consider myself a Christian for many reasons.

IF you are, Christian marriage is a SACRED institution before God.

Leviticus 18:22 (New King James Version)
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

I remember reading before joining that Leviticus doesn't apply any more. Does it still, and if it does, why can you wear clothes of different textiles and eat shellfish? Sorry I don't have the exact scripture to quote, but you are probably familiar with it.

You cannot be a Christian and try and marry a person of the same sex. When dealing with marriage sins are amplified because of how sacred Marriage is. If you where a true Christian you would not be practicing homosexuality to begin with yes we all slip up but to live in an open affront to God and expect to be saved is crazy.

Why are sins amplified if it involves marriage? Does that mean that every sin is amplified, or just ones that people pick and choose from? Wouldn't a true Christian also not deliberately sin? Why is it ok to deliberately sin one way and be a true Christian but not another way?

Believing in God is not enough we have to strive to be Christ like.

I don't see how people who deliberately sin can say that they strive to be Christ-like, all the while trying to deny others of things because of a different sin.
Thanks for the responses.