Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-08-2009, 03:33 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Thanks for the information.

In regard to this part

Do you believe that a churches laws should take precedence over the laws of the U.S.A.? I don't. If so, then Sharia Law should be allowed for any and all Muslims who wish it to be enforced when done in their own temples and mosques.

1) Sexual orientation is not federally protected right and thnaks to at will employment a business should be sued for choosing who they want employed in their business.

2) The Constitution is clear congress can make NO LAW infringing on the right to worship. SO you need a civic lesson sir.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
What is the difference between a marriage and a civil union? I'm talking from a purely secular, legal standpoint. Why were civil unions simply not good enough for the homosexuals?

Do they believe that being allowed to marry is going to somehow make them more accepted by the average American? Honestly, I believe it's going to have the exact opposite effect.
Why wasn't riding in the back of the bus good enough for Rosa Parks?

I don't really think most gays give a darn whether or not you really accept them. I could be wrong though on this. You really wouldn't know if they were legally married or not unless you asked every single one of them. If they were to invite you to their wedding, you could decline the invitation.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Why wasn't riding in the back of the bus good enough for Rosa Parks?

I don't really think most gays give a darn whether or not you really accept them. I could be wrong though on this. You really wouldn't know if they were legally married or not unless you asked every single one of them. If they were to invite you to their wedding, you could decline the invitation.
I'm just asking what the difference is and we've already covered why the Gay Rights movement has absolutely nothing in common with the Civil Rights movement. In fact, you do a great disservice to the memories of those people who fought and in some cases gave their lives for Civil Rights, back in the 50s and 60s, when you compare them to sexual deviants and perverts.

So, what is the difference between a civil union and a marriage? If you don't know, then just say that you don't know. Don't try to deflect the question.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Good point. Guys like Buzzard keep asking us "how does it hurt you?" Easy to say when you favor such a thing.

However, keeping our children morally upright before God is our top priority. Gay marriage threatens the traditional family structure...so yea, that's why it hurts us personally.
How does it hurt you physically? financially? Will you lose money? your job? your husband/wife? How does it effect your own marriage? Are you not secure enough in your own marriage that you would let a homosexual marriage half way across the country interfere with your own? You can still encourage your children in the "traditional" ways. Gay marriage will only threaten it if you let it.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
1) Sexual orientation is not federally protected right and thnaks to at will employment a business should be sued for choosing who they want employed in their business.

2) The Constitution is clear congress can make NO LAW infringing on the right to worship. SO you need a civic lesson sir.
QFT = quoted for truth.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What really sucks also is when you don't agree with all these shenanigans your accused of discriminating others and being a mean person. I love humans all of em gay, straight, bi...So far within the last 2 weeks I have been called a racist, Republican, and snob..LOL.. None of those define me, but I think that our children need to have morals and beliefs instilled in them.
Perhaps you don't think it defines you, but your actions can. I'm not saying that you are any of them, but your actions can define you.

I've been accused of being an honest non-violent person. My actions define me in this regard.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Gay marriage will only threaten it if you let it.
That's a load of bull. We know that public schools are being turned into left-wing liberal brainwashing factories. No matter what parents try to teach their kids, those same kids are going to be indoctrinated into accepting the gay lifestyle as "normal" while they attend public school. The only ways to keep children from this brainwashing would be to either homeschool or send them to private schools, but not ever family can afford to do either one of those.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F

How is allowing gay marriage infringing on YOUR right to worship? Will you still be allowed to worship? Yes. Can you still pray? Yes. Can you discriminate? No. Aw, that's too bad on the last one.

It seems like you sir need the civics lesson, and perhaps a lesson on compassion, brotherhood, love, respect and tolerance for those that are different from you.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
How is allowing gay marriage infringing on YOUR right to worship? Will you still be allowed to worship? Yes. Can you still pray? Yes. Can you discriminate? No. Aw, that's too bad on the last one.

It seems like you sir need the civics lesson, and perhaps a lesson on compassion, brotherhood, love, respect and tolerance for those that are different from you.
It's an attack on the church itself. Their goal is to shut down any church that doesn't openly embrace homosexuality, which is an attack on all of our religious rights.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's an attack on the church itself. Their goal is to shut down any church that doesn't openly embrace homosexuality, which is an attack on all of our religious rights.
My goal is to keep 'em separate. I don't want a state-mandated sermon, just like I don't want a Bible tract telling me how to vote.