Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
LOL!!! Nothing gets past you, Mike, and Goat huh?!!

Me and Mike are P.I.C's

Goat is definately a champ but he's yet to join our crime family. Not sure he wants too.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
so wrong
I meant take the beating obviously.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Nice post...
?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I meant take the beating obviously.
Still wrong
Old 04-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Still wrong
its quite a common phrase in England
Old 04-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Crisco

Quote:
its quite a common phrase in England
I'm sure it is David.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I'm sure it is David.
It IS
Old 04-25-2009, 01:36 AM
medic92

Quote:
It IS
Next you'll try to convince us that a rubber is an eraser...
Old 04-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
I hate getting here late, so many posts worthy of replies but just too many to address so I'll just throw my thoughts out there and see what happens.

When the government passes legislation saying MY church has to recognize homosexual marriage, my 1st Amendment right to worship as I see fit has been infringed upon. My church believe homosexual acts are sin and a homosexual relationship is a continual and willing state of sin. My church would never condone, recognize or perform a homosexual marriage because it goes against our religious beliefs. When the government passes legislation saying these marriages have to be recognized and allowed by my church, my 1st Amendment rights have been violated.

Has the government in any state yet said that your church has to recognize homosexual marriage? How has your right to worship been infringed upon by allowing someone to get married? Are you still allowed to go to church, pray, worship? Would you be happy if your church could opt-out, but would lose their tax exempt status? I haven't read anywhere where it says that they will force your church to marry you, just as the Catholic Church can refuse to wed divorced couples, and churches can refuse to wed those of differing faiths.

God is NOT a hateful God and does not punish anyone for the fun of it. People bring judgment on themselves and get no more than what they deserve. Saying that God is violent or hateful for punishing his children is like saying a parent is hateful for punishing a child who does something wrong.

I couldn't care less about a civil union recognized by the state. I don't agree with it and don't think our country will enjoy God's blessings as long as we keep straying farther from the path of God. Eventually, we as a country will be punished for this straying, and I think we're already seeing God's judgment now. When God removes His blessings from our country because of the rampant immoral and deviant behavior, I AM personally affected by the deviant behavior of others. It's kind of like boot camp where everyone gets punished because one person screws up. We all got punished because it encouraged us to help our fellow recruits when they started to slip. By the same token, we are duty-bound by God to help, encourage AND correct our fellow man when they stray.

Yeah it's a little rambling and disjointed but that's how my posts seem to go.
How are you personally affected "by the deviant behavior of others?" I can see how you may be grossed out if you had to watch two gay men going at it or were forced to attend a gay wedding. Are you personally affected by the adultery and other sins of other people enough to make a stand and force them to be kicked out of church or be denied the right to marry the mate of their choice?

My friends and I think two hot women going at it is quite nice. I'll delete this part of the comment if it offends or is thought of as too crude.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Next you'll try to convince us that a rubber is an eraser...
A rubber is what you use to rub out pencil,...yes