Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Aw, did I hurt the widdle babies feewings? I sowwy
If I call you a fem you can't call me a baby that is not how it works. Stupid atheists have no moral code at all. jeez.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,996
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Replies in blue.
1) Everyone gets their inspiration from somewhere. You admited you kept most of your Christian Values...though you never answered my question why. Doesnt taking Christian Values..without believeing Christianity to be correct...effectively, adopting a moral code that doesnt belong to you?

2) I dont remember posting about it...but if you say so.

3) My wall is not big enough to do as you suggest. The flag is not being used for ceremonial purposes, as that wouldnt be tollerated by the local council. As its effectively my property I may do with it what I wish. I see under the circumstances, no problem with sticking American stuff on an American flag...I promise however, that I shall never cut it up, or burn it, or intentionally harm it in anyway. Even the stuff stuck on is only tacked...it can be pulled off without leaving a single mark. I really ought to wash it...but I'm frightened that something might happen to it in the wash (I dont own a washing machine...I must travel to my parents to do that...and their machine isnt...trustworthy.) I would actually cry if it got ripped or it shrank, or the colours ran, or it melted or something. Its very special to me, because I got it when I went to America to see Nathan Rosario. It reminds me of my Trip (Incidently...I will probably buy a second when I return to the United States...except I might look to buy the flags of the States I visit...how nice it would be to have them on my wall also...but probably smaller then full size...my flat aint huge...I'm not made of money...but what a wonderful idea

4) It is not a pin cusion. There are no pins going through it...that would fill it with holes and damage it!!

5) Educated?? Educated in what exactly? Existentialism?? Has it ever crossed your mind that people might be generally more dumb now, then in ancient times. That what we have now is actually many people avoiding reality by living an illusion??

6) There were morals before Christianity...but those to were Religious. Misguided Truthes...but Religious non the less. Sorry I should have made it clear. I dont believe that Christianity owns morality totally, I believe that Religion as defined by a belief in the devine, YES, created the idea of Morals and ethics. Some of those are true (as outlined in Scriptures) some are not true (as outlined by any religious morality outside of Christ...usually..these are not completely wrong...they are just limited in their amount of revelation and thus...some what...diminuitive

7) No. Actually...this is a lesson for you. YOU pressupposed I was using the word "Religious" and the word "Christianity" to mean the same thing. I wasnt. Now, Granted I should have made that clear...but if you were insightful you would have asked me to clarify my definitions of both...and then you wouldnt have believed a falsity

8) Here is the thing. Religion doesnt age. Its supposed to be an absolute. That means it never changes. We might have become more educated in some things...but religion as a whole is being whitewashed...and the answer to why...is unfortunate.

There are two things which led to people disregarding Christianity (I cant speak for the other religions) The first was the Roman Catholic Church. Kinda shot itself in the foot when it refused to accept that Science (if understood properly) is actually a form of Worship, for it simply exposes GODs glory in more minute details then is outlined in scriptures at some points. When they refused to recognise this truth, people wrote them off.

Secondly, the Philosophical Enlightenment which happened just after the above. This was a group of European Thinkers who believed that GOD is actually more like a clockmaker. He created the Universe...then walked away, watched it tick. Therefore Science, Rational, and logical reason, were the only ways to understand the divine...and slowly, GOD became less and less important to them.

Now that brings us to the Modern Era...but we are actually POST Modern. The Modern Era saw a rise in the occult and Gothic because people NEED something mystical beyond themselves...and if they couldnt use the church anymore...This might have led somewhere had it not been for two world wars which wiped out a whole generation of Christian Men in Europe. The descendents let their hair down as a response to stress...and since then they have advocated moral relativity...and atheism. Forty years on...and already you are seeing the rise of literal new age paganism...as people begin that innate search for the Truth.

People need something beyond themselves (well..a vast proportion do) if you dont give them the Truth...they will go so far as to make the truth up...just so they know SOMETHING is True and real.

9) what I mean is...they have a theory as to what happens to the Soul. They say it just decomposes. Can you proove the soul decomposes with the Body...by Soul...I mean, whatever you propose is the thinking part of you.

10)

Then lets see if you can answer a direct question, clearly and precisely

Tell me Buzzard...why ARE you posting here, and more to the point, why are you posting in all the topics that involve Christianity in some way, shape or form?

What is your purpose for partaking in this forum?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To be fair to buzzard, and i am not defending him, he posted in the Politics forum and said "For all who don't like them, don't watch them" ... he didn't really start until he was asked his beliefs ...
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Aw, did I hurt the widdle babies feewings? I sowwy

They weren't my panties, they were yo mama's!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6XS9Hwrv4
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I don't know what that is I'm at work can't view it. Tell me!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-09-2009, 09:24 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Aw, did I hurt the widdle babies feewings? I sowwy

They weren't my panties, they were yo mama's!
This is a warning, you get a ban if you do this again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-09-2009, 09:29 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Replies in blue.
Then how do you explain brilliant and educated men who STILL believe in GOD and Christianity?

If you just assume that anyone who believes in GOD is ignorant or stupid, then that just shows your own bigotry and lack of knowledge of this subject.

You are obviously not an intelligent or rational thinking person, you've proven that with the ignorance you've displayed here.

I'll leave you with a quote from someone you would consider an uneducated simpleton:

Quote:
It takes no brains to be an atheist. Any stupid person can deny the existence of a supernatural power because man's physical senses cannot detect it. But there cannot be ignored the influence of conscience, the respect we feel for the Moral Law, the mystery of first life ...or the marvelous order in which the universe moves about us on this earth. All these evidence the handiwork of the beneficent Deity. . . That Deity is the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ, His Son.
-DWIGHT EISENHOWER
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Then how do you explain brilliant and educated men who STILL believe in GOD and Christianity?

If you just assume that anyone who believes in GOD is ignorant or stupid, then that just shows your own bigotry and lack of knowledge of this subject.

You are obviously not an intelligent or rational thinking person, you've proven that with the ignorance you've displayed here.

I'll leave you with a quote from someone you would consider an uneducated simpleton:
I love that quote. Every time I read it I get chills.

Also I apologize for my remarks to Buzzard. I was out of line when I called him a pansy and a fem I got carried away and it wasn't very christ like.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
1) Oh...you mean Centrist as in "not Republican or democrat" that doesnt automatically make you a Centrist. Centrist doesnt mean in between the two parties in US Government...as I already stated...the Democrats are probably RIGHT from Centrist...if you arent as Extreme a Liberal by American Standards as Obama...your probably NOT Centrist as defined by the politics used in Government in general throughout the world. Barack is only Liberal by Republican Standards...by the rest of the World...He's probably Centrist.

Since you don't know my political beliefs, you aren't qualified to determine what label I fall under. Again, your assumptions are making you appear ignorant.

2) I'm not "Dense" You write to avoid the obvious Questions to give yourself enough time to think about which answer will make you look the best

Do you not think before you write? I guess not seeing as how you butcher the English language. You are dense because you don't comprehend what is written. What obvious questions have I avoided? I have tried to reply to all questions asked of me.

3) I dont force anyone to do anything. I already said I couldnt force someone to become a Christian. It doesnt work like that. Its about Free Choice...you have to choose for yourself. All I can do is present as much of the Truth to you as possible, and hope you see reason before its too late for you.

You try to force issues through your religion. You wish for your religious values to be forced on others.

4) YES I can. Marriage is historically a RELIGIOUS occasion in almost ANY Culture. AGAIN only recently has it had anything Legal without a Religious connitatation. That is Innovation...but its not true to the Historical facts about marriage, that you forget.

Marriage is done In a Church, its religious, and GOD sanctifies it. THAT is the deffinition of Marriage...call your legal alternative whatever you want...but you have to change the deffinition to do that...which makes it FALSE

Now the Church believes that Marriage is a Spiritual Union aswell, thats why its called a "Sacrement"

Are you saying that when a Justice of the Peace performs a marriage ceremony that the people getting married aren't married?

Why do I care about Christianity in America?? Because its the last Vestege of Christondom...why else would I care America is the New Rome you know

Care all you wish, just don't force non-believers to live by your religious values.
5)
Replies in a non-red color.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Isn't forcing Christians to accept gay marriages the same as forcing your beliefs on us?

Male vs Male sex isn't natural or "scientific" according to your "faith" it shouldn't happen because it doesn't serve a purpose. So why should they be able to force their values on the entire populace whom the vast majority do not believe they should be married.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.