Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Don't lump us in with those funny hatted idolators.
I didnt mean liturgically...I meant, with the same level of authority.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
1)You finally admitted to stealing most of your value base from the Bible You should have just said that in the first place. Now we can move on

You are now accusing me of being a thief. I did no such thing. Again, you believe that all sense of morality comes from the bible. The bible has just packaged up a moral code in a convenient package. Common sense and being able to think on ones own can cover much of the morality spoken of in the bible. At least for some of us.

2) Tell me,...are you a fan of my videos or something

No, I read a post where you described pinning things on the flag of my country. I haven't seen any of your videos.

Only, thats the only way you'd know about the flag... I like your flag, thats why I bought it. It is a keep sake from my First American Dreams Tour. On it is stuck all things American.

No, you have posted about pinning stuff on it. Thank you for liking our flag. I love my flag and don't like to see it dis-respected. May I suggest that you mount the flag and put your mementos around it. My flag does not deserve to be used as a pin up board in the manner that you have done.

I couldnt fly your flag, we arent really allowed to fly our own outdoors without council permission. I could have folded it up and left it in a corner...but I decided that would be even MORE disrespectful. The stuff stuck on it is far from Crap...its stuff sent to me by Americans...its not my own junk

Whether you aggree with what ive done or not is up to you.

I feel that you have disrespected the flag of my country by using it as a pin-cushion.

3) The Concept of Religion is synonimous to every single culture on this planet. There ISNT a culture that doesnt have some religion. What you need to do is research something called "Existentialism" Morals and Ethics come when Ancient Man asked the questions "who am I, Why am I here, What is my purpose" This led to revelations about GOD, an Answer to those Questions "I am Human, made in the image of GOD, I am here to form a relationship with my personal Saviour in order to be reconciled in an everlasting Union with Him, My Purpose is to advance the spread of His Kingdom in preparation for his coming to Judge" or...whatever the other religions say...they all have answers to these Questions which are Absolute, and not simply a matter of opinion...because whose to say whose opinion really matters.

For the unworldly and uneducated people of past ages, I can understand their search and reasons for making this stuff up. I can't see how educated people in this day and age can still believe this.

Once that is established they learn to live under the banner of the suggested way that diety teaches. The Golden Rule, for example,. So Morals and Ethics originated from Religion. From Existential angst.

Again, I'm not saying that you can't believe that, I personally believe that people can live a moral life without the aid of religion. Granted, religion has packaged up morality in a convenient package and I can understand that you feel religion owns the concepts of morality. There were morals before Christianity.

4) The origin of any moral or ethic, if traced back with be a religion. You might pick and chose from various religions, plus your own opinion. But dont claim they were created or devised by some non-religious means.

So now you admit that Christianity isn't the owner of the concept of morality. I wondered how long it would take you to slip and contradict your earlier statement.

The ideal of there being no god, is increadibly new. Every people throughout every time have believed in something.

So is the idea of quantum physics. Some people believe that they will have another beer. I would think that some people believed because they weren't educated to the degree which we are today.

Even most athiests believe something, or have a point of view on what happens after death.

I believe that after death my body will decay and release my compounds back into the earth. Can you offer some evidence that most atheists believe that something magical or supernatural happens after death?

5) I dont have time to play games. If I ask I expect an answer, if you dont want to give an answer, tell me that...but dont mess me around and avoid the subject.

Great, I don't either. I wouldn't be spending the time here if I was playing games. I have many other things that I could be doing, but enjoy the stimulation that this provides. It makes us think, which is a great exercise for the brain. If I want to play games, I have PC games and Wii and X-Box for that.
Replies in blue.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

First of all, I don't think anybody should be suprised that this happened in Vermont. Heck, that state gives child rapists probation.

Furthermore, the real problem is people like Buzzard who act like religion is being forced down their throat. Even though Obama seems to have forgotten, America IS a nation of MOSTLY Christians. As Americans, Christians have a right to voice their opinion as much as anybody else. That is not us forcing our religion on Buzzard or any other bird brain.

America is also a democracy, which means we vote on issues. However, every time gay marriage gets put to a vote of the people, it gets crushed. Hmmm, wonder why that is? Could it be that the MAJORITY of people just do not approve of it? Why is that so hard to accept? Oh, thats right, you are a die hard liberal. If social issues do not conform to your strict and narrow world view, then they are just wrong and outdated. Same goes for die-hard conservatives.

Oh, one last thing Buzzard. Please take your tone down a notch when talking about Christianity. Nobody here is forcing you to convert, but just like America, this forum is MOSTLY Christians. You would not wander into the south side of Chicago and thumb your nose at African American culture, would you?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
above Quote from Buzzard

God removed his blessings and destroyed whole cities because of this type of wickedness. So yes, it does effect me because the country I live in calls Evil Good & Good Evil! And yes once God removes his blessings all together from this country because our morals become more and more corrupt your sleep, income, health, and happiness will be affected!
If you believe that great. If the time comes and God destroys cities and you are a part of it, wouldn't that be a blessing to you where you could then join up with him in heaven? Isn't that what Christians want, to join up with God in heaven? If it is God's will, it is God's will.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Does your mother know your gay?
Ah, I see. Since you can't engage in an intelligent conversation, you throw out the attack. I guess I was wrong for thinking that you had a brain bigger than a pea. Thanks for clarifying it.

Usually those that make that kind of accusation have doubt about their own sexual orientation. I don't need to defend my heterosexuality against someone who lacks in brain function.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Crisco

Quote:
The ideal of there being no god, is increadibly new. Every people throughout every time have believed in something.

So is the idea of quantum physics. Some people believe that they will have another beer. I would think that some people believed because they weren't educated to the degree which we are today.[/
It's a shame that this "education" your speaking off is the source of your disbelief...

In your educated opinion

How did life begin? Why did life begin? Do you believe in the big bang theory?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Ah, I see. Since you can't engage in an intelligent conversation, you throw out the attack. I guess I was wrong for thinking that you had a brain bigger than a pea. Thanks for clarifying it.

Usually those that make that kind of accusation have doubt about their own sexual orientation. I don't need to defend my heterosexuality against someone who lacks in brain function.
Get your panties out of a knot I was joking with you.

Stop acting like a pansy you fem
Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

Old 04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Buzzard

Quote:

Aw, did I hurt the widdle babies feewings? I sowwy

They weren't my panties, they were yo mama's!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Crisco

lol JB