Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
You can offer no evidence that there is a God, just like you can offer no evidence of Santa. Oh there is evidence of both, but do you believe that Santa exists too.
God and Santa are different, Santa is a myth, no one other than kids have a belief in him, and that is a superficial belief at that.

I think th evidence of God is MUCH greater than the evidence of random chance, but that is another subject I'm sure you've studied on YOUR side of things. In short, you can no more prove the non-existence of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
If you keep your nose out of others' lives, then you would have nothing to worry about. Keep your religion in your home and churches where it belongs.
Do you even understand why we can't just "keep our noses out of it"? Is it realy that simple to you? Traditional morality is under attack by the Left in this country and abroad. Generally, if people are under attack they fight back, elsewise they become cowards. How is it an attack? The left is attempting to re-write nature, God and the laws of our nation as we speak...that is a threat, and we must respond or watch everything we hold dear be destroyed.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This arguement is pointless....


We believe God all mighty gives and takes away and you believe well your not really sure what you believe because science hasn't been able to tell you how life came about exactly.

You want people to marry whatever and who ever they choose and we believe marriage is a sacred bond.

All I'm saying is I don't want to hear **** come out of your mouth when dudes are marrying their dogs and what not... It's the slope you boys took us down.

Enjoy your open mindedness I hope the world turns out exaclty how you want it too
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

here is my moral code summarized for a forum post

do not steal, do not cheat, do not lie, do not murder, be kind and fair, be loving. these are values that any man of any religion (or non religion) can embrace. they are values that have existed for many thousands of years in places all over the world that have been inspired by many different religions and non-religions alike. you don't have to be Christian to have good morals or to have a value system. and it seems alot of people here are trying to push that idea on buzzard in an indirect way (and a very direct) way. on a side note... no, you do not have to be a Christian to be an American or to be a "True American" as some here might call it. that is a ridiculous claim and everyone knows that is not true. You can be a Buddhist and be a true American. you can be a Hindu and be a true American. you can be atheist and still be a patriot. you can be agnostic and still be a patriot. the list goes on. anyone who denies that is insane.

btw buzzard i am not trying to defend you just stating my opinion so please keep me out of this thanks
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Indeed. What I think Buzzard forgets is that GOD is a King. King as in Monarch, Monarch as in Dictator.

In your world, maybe. In my world God in non-existent.

GOD says what is right and wrong, what is true and false. Because he is Holy, that makes him Trustworthy and also faithful in the eyes of moral relativity. But we are not really in the position to argue with him. I mean, Hes effectively doing us a favour by saving any of us, by granting anyone of us Eternal Life. He doesnt have to do that...infact, he shouldnt be doing that, he had to go to great personal extent to expose a loop hole in His Divine Law in order to even make such a possibility available.

Your claim is based on someone who believes. I don't believe, therefor your religious rules don't apply to me. You just seem to be unable to comprehend that. What will it take for you to understand that I don't believe in your nice story?

Thats what this week is all about. Passion-tide. What GOD did to save us without comprimising himself as GOD. It ended in Christ being Killed.

It has no meaning to me. I do hope that you enjoy and celebrate. You can invite me to celebrate if you wish, just don't force me.

So if the Bible is sometimes ugly, and sometimes GOD seems to act injust...Its so NOT our place to say. He doesnt run a democracy, he has absolutely no reason to debate. He will enforce his Rule after death. Then Buzzard will REALLY know what its like to have someones views pushed on Him.

It is my place to say how my interpretations of a book are. You are free to say that you disagree with my position. Do you believe that the Bible is 100% literal? If not, how do you choose what is and isn't?
Replies in blue.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
My replies in blue.
1) Oh...you mean Centrist as in "not Republican or democrat" that doesnt automatically make you a Centrist. Centrist doesnt mean in between the two parties in US Government...as I already stated...the Democrats are probably RIGHT from Centrist...if you arent as Extreme a Liberal by American Standards as Obama...your probably NOT Centrist as defined by the politics used in Government in general throughout the world. Barack is only Liberal by Republican Standards...by the rest of the World...He's probably Centrist.

2) I'm not "Dense" You write to avoid the obvious Questions to give yourself enough time to think about which answer will make you look the best

3) I dont force anyone to do anything. I already said I couldnt force someone to become a Christian. It doesnt work like that. Its about Free Choice...you have to choose for yourself. All I can do is present as much of the Truth to you as possible, and hope you see reason before its too late for you.

4) YES I can. Marriage is historically a RELIGIOUS occasion in almost ANY Culture. AGAIN only recently has it had anything Legal without a Religious connitatation. That is Innovation...but its not true to the Historical facts about marriage, that you forget.

Marriage is done In a Church, its religious, and GOD sanctifies it. THAT is the deffinition of Marriage...call your legal alternative whatever you want...but you have to change the deffinition to do that...which makes it FALSE

Now the Church believes that Marriage is a Spiritual Union aswell, thats why its called a "Sacrement"

Why do I care about Christianity in America?? Because its the last Vestege of Christondom...why else would I care America is the New Rome you know

5)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think life is a little less scary when you give yourself to God.


It still boggles my mind that people choose the whole it all happened by accident and everything worked out perfectly with absolutely no help at all theory over considering the a creator on some level or another had a hand it.

God is not a person he is a force. An omnipresent entity influincing and watching his creation unfold.



But hey that makes sense to me... But if you are more comfortable thinking about primeordial(sp) oozes and other theories more power to you man. I hope God finds his way into your heart eventually and before it's too late.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Where did I attack you? Aren't you the one who has called me a non-American and questioned my loyalty to my country? Yes.

I called your assumptions ignorant, which they are.
When you cant attack what I'm saying.. you attack my character.

I am not Ignorant. In fact...YOU are the spiritually blind one (I just didnt want to say that outright...but THATS true...You havent a clue about what is right and wrong, that much is obvious...and yet you say I am Ignorant??)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
America is the New Rome you know
Don't lump us in with those funny hatted idolators.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
here is my moral code summarized for a forum post

do not steal, do not cheat, do not lie, do not murder, be kind and fair, be loving. these are values that any man of any religion (or non religion) can embrace. they are values that have existed for many thousands of years in places all over the world that have been inspired by many different religions and non-religions alike. you don't have to be Christian to have good morals or to have a value system. and it seems alot of people here are trying to push that idea on buzzard in an indirect way (and a very direct) way. on a side note... no, you do not have to be a Christian to be an American or to be a "True American" as some here might call it. that is a ridiculous claim and everyone knows that is not true. You can be a Buddhist and be a true American. you can be a Hindu and be a true American. you can be atheist and still be a patriot. you can be agnostic and still be a patriot. the list goes on. anyone who denies that is insane.

btw buzzard i am not trying to defend you just stating my opinion so please keep me out of this thanks
Cosigned.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Replies in blue.
1) In YOUR World??? What "world" do you live on. YOU cant tell me what is real and what isnt. It doesnt matter if you believe a truth or not...you cant change the truth by choosing NOT to believe it.

Thats like standing in the middle of a Motor way and saying "these Cars dont exist in my world...therefore they wont run me down" That is EXACTLY what you are doing. GOD WILL flatten you if you arent Saved...whether you believe in Him or Not...he wont evaporate becaus in Buzzards "world" he doesnt exist

2) NO my claim isnt based on applicability for someone who believes. My claim is TRUE whether you believe it or not. You cant change the Truth not believeing. This is not mind over matter...you cant make GOD vanish

Secondly...do you not listen to me?? I told you I DONT MAKE THE RULES...im not like you, I dont make my rules to suit myself. I base my rules on what is REAL. These Rules apply to YOU whether you like it or not. Follow them and you get Eternal Life...break them, You die. Its not bloody rocket science

3) If your not a Christian...what right do you have to celebrate a Christian festival If You dont believe in Christ, thats your choice...but you shouldnt be sharing in any benefits of the religious life. You shouldnt be having a bank Holiday, you shouldnt be eating Easter Eggs...you shouldnt be having gifts at Christmas...why waste your time?? If you dont believe...go create your own ceremonies...dont pretend to be a Christian. You cant fool GOD, he's not a dumbass

Why even bother going to Church...what do you think they will say to you? something other then The Truth which you refuse to acknowledge?? Your so clever you've got it all worked out...in YOUR opinion...which...quite frankly, is about as worthless as any mans opinion. You stake your eternal soul on your own foolish opinion???

Your Funeral. There is no other way of saying this to you. You are not the centre of the universe, you are not the fount of all knowledge, your opinion is nothing more then the opinion of a fallen man. If I am wrong...I lose nothing. If you are wrong...you lose EVERYTHING

4) Do I believe the Bible is "litteral" is a different Question to Do I believe the Bible is GODs Word.

The Bible is a set of books, Written by GOD through many people, in many different forms of writing. Some of the Bible, like the Law is supposed to be Literal, some of the Bible, like The Song of Solomon...is a poem. Its poetry...and its..a bit pornographic aswell Personally, I'm NOT tempted to shimmy up the tree trunk and drink from the coconuts...but thats just personal preference...dont let me stop a married man...doing that to His Wife
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.