Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Default New UFC Undisputed video ** 04/06/09 **

Here is some more footage of the upcoming UFC Undisputed game.
http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstatio...d/videos/10150

Starts out from "Tale of the Tape", and ends with the fight results announced.
I'll keep my comments about the fight to myself as to not spoil it for everyone else. I will just say that I'm a little reserved, but hopefully a demo will decide on whether to buy or not. The commentary seemed pretty spot on. The fighting, well, watch for yourself!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Moose

Wow, good vid, nice find.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Jason 16

doent work
Old 04-08-2009, 05:13 AM

weird, it isn't working for me now either.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:18 PM
matthughesfan21

doesn't work for me either, but on the brighter side, I just saw on bloodyelbow that in radio interview someone reported that the demo will be available sometime next week
Old 04-08-2009, 03:21 PM
lc87

That is a really bright side but I'm counting on you guys to post when its up
Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
That is a really bright side but I'm counting on you guys to post when its up
Dont worry about that. I'll have first hand video footage of the demo within a short time of it being released. All cap'd in HD.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Buzzard

Can't get the video to run on either Firefox or Explorer. Damn, I even allowed pop-ups.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 PM
matthughesfan21

saw this on espn, interview with the lead producer of the game, he talks about career mode, I can't wait for this game

What will the game's career mode feature be like?
In career mode, you're basically working your way up through the system of UFC. So, you're going to create your character, you'll assign yourself a striking and grappling technique, then you train those skills. You won't have as much power, energy or ability as the typical UFC fighter when you start out, but as you progress through career you'll get better. And we don't have any cheesy mini-games where you mash the buttons to push a weight bar up. The training you do in the career mode is fighting like you would in a real fight. So if you have a fight coming up, and you're a boxing/wrestler guy and you're next opponent is a Muay Thai guy, then your training partner will be a Muay Thai fighter, so you can train against those moves. There's a whole interactive calendar system where you know your fight is in a couple of weeks and you'll need to pick where you'll train, where you'll spar and where you should rest in order to build up your stamina. It's like a game within the game where you might want to risk training right before a fight, losing out on some of your stamina, but at the same time gaining valuable points on your standing game. The choices are all up to you on how you shape your career. And once you start building up his skill, you can take your created fighter online, so it's a cool way to get invested in your character and his abilities. It also lets you replay the game multiple ways because you can start one career as a boxer/wrestler, then when that career is done, you can play as a fighter who is into kickboxing and judo and have a completely different experience.

here is the full interview
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4050132
Old 04-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
saw this on espn, interview with the lead producer of the game, he talks about career mode, I can't wait for this game
Can't wait.