Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 03-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Feel fat again

I feel fat again...I dont notice it during the winter, but when the weather warms, suddenly you feel the extra weight. I had to cancel my gym subscription because they put the prices up...and its made things worse.

So...I took the first steps and have booked a doctors appointment for next week, I heard on the grapevine that if you can prove your obease ( shouldnt be hard ) and if you say your depressed (well I am on medication for it ) Sometimes, they will aggree to fund your gym membership

I HAVE to looooooooooose Looooooooooooooooooooooots of lbs because...I dont wanna look like a Beer Barrel when I go on my States Tour
Old 03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Miss Foxy

I too have plumped up in the past few months. The medication I am has that side effect I hate it
Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Blmfighter

What kind of meds are you on Melissa?

I have started running like 5 weeks ago and it is going well. When I started I could only run for like 30 seconds at a time now I'm running for 30 minutes.

Dave you don't need a gym to run just some good shoes.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
What kind of meds are you on Melissa?

I have started running like 5 weeks ago and it is going well. When I started I could only run for like 30 seconds at a time now I'm running for 30 minutes.

Dave you don't need a gym to run just some good shoes.
but I look stupid when I run....I look like a blumonge

I thought I might start with running round the block late at night...that way noone will see me
Old 03-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Blmfighter

You can't look wrose then I do. Are you doing it for you or them? You might not look good running but after you do it and get good at it you will.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
You can't look wrose then I do. Are you doing it for you or them? You might not look good running but after you do it and get good at it you will.
I just dont want to be laughed at
Old 03-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Dave I don't know about British slang, but here in America we have an over-used phrase that im gonna bust out with.. "Shake them haters off..." Meaning who cares what anyone does or says about you!! Those who matter don't mind.....
Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
but I look stupid when I run....I look like a blumonge

I thought I might start with running round the block late at night...that way noone will see me
Come on now, Dave, since when does anyone's opinion matter to you? You post tons of stuff on here, whether defending Christianity or your favorite fighters, and being passionate about stuff is a good thing!

So take a leap, get a pair of good sneakers, and just take a walk around your neighborhood or favorite park. People will probably just ignore ya, and if they laugh or make fun, just smile back. You'll be looking good before you know it. Just keep increasing the distance you walk then maybe run a bit. I helps to run to music too.

Also lots of fruit and veggies helps, and limit the sugar, carbs, and pre packaged food. Also drink lots of water. I thought this was impossible, I know, but 12 pounds I've lost so far and i can do it, anyone can!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
Come on now, Dave, since when does anyone's opinion matter to you? You post tons of stuff on here, whether defending Christianity or your favorite fighters, and being passionate about stuff is a good thing!

So take a leap, get a pair of good sneakers, and just take a walk around your neighborhood or favorite park. People will probably just ignore ya, and if they laugh or make fun, just smile back. You'll be looking good before you know it. Just keep increasing the distance you walk then maybe run a bit. I helps to run to music too.

Also lots of fruit and veggies helps, and limit the sugar, carbs, and pre packaged food. Also drink lots of water. I thought this was impossible, I know, but 12 pounds I've lost so far and i can do it, anyone can!
Well the hopefully plan starting next week will be gym and swimming twice a week. Walking with Mother one day a week...and running for the other days.

I have cleared out my cupboards, so today will be the last day of using up all the crappy stuff (and I aint got much of ANYTHING in the house) then I'm going to do another eating log...I started one before...but some people on this forum started posting obscene pictures of fat men in that thread...so I stopped

But I'm going to start again. I'm cutting all breads, and all pop...because THATS where I draw the carbs and sugars from.

I do have a question....Squash is better then juice isnt it....? and if you end up with Juice avoid the ones that say "from concentrate" on them...right

(I'll be able to star running tommorow...I'm gonna hopefully find my trainers tonight hahahaha)
Old 03-31-2009, 07:57 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well the hopefully plan starting next week will be gym and swimming twice a week. Walking with Mother one day a week...and running for the other days.

I have cleared out my cupboards, so today will be the last day of using up all the crappy stuff (and I aint got much of ANYTHING in the house) then I'm going to do another eating log...I started one before...but some people on this forum started posting obscene pictures of fat men in that thread...so I stopped

But I'm going to start again. I'm cutting all breads, and all pop...because THATS where I draw the carbs and sugars from.

I do have a question....Squash is better then juice isnt it....? and if you end up with Juice avoid the ones that say "from concentrate" on them...right

(I'll be able to star running tommorow...I'm gonna hopefully find my trainers tonight hahahaha)
Well Dave, to those who were insensative enough to post pictures of overweight people, that was just wrong. But oh well, you don't have time for them in your life anyway.

To heck with them. I think it's great when people make a big decision to live better, for themselves. You are the one person who can control your attitude for the day, and it's also a big part, esp if you are on medication (I've been on meds too, but currently on Zyrtec for allergies, with HORRIBLE side effect of drowziness....)

So def spend yoru money on more apples, pears, corn, squash, anything like that. I drink diet soda on occassion, but try to avoid the real stuff.

Try to get 100% juice. Concentrate is that crap they put in it. OR, you could buy a juicer, and throw in whatever you want, carrots, bananas, apples, those make pretty good juices and you know that you are only eating good stuff, since you make it yourself. Maybe your parrot would even sing along....lol