Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default gym of perscription

it looks like the doctor will aggre to subsidize my gym membership!

I'm waiting for that process to be sorted but it looks positive.


on another subject...does anyone know is sparkling water as good for you as still...or doesnt it matter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
mikthehick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
it looks like the doctor will aggre to subsidize my gym membership!

I'm waiting for that process to be sorted but it looks positive.


on another subject...does anyone know is sparkling water as good for you as still...or doesnt it matter
That's awesome Dave!

Sparking water is alright for you, no nutrish value, but be aware that the carbonation will probably contributed to a 'bloated' feel. Oh well--I guess it's better than the diet crap I've been putting into my system for the past 9 years
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
That's awesome Dave!

Sparking water is alright for you, no nutrish value, but be aware that the carbonation will probably contributed to a 'bloated' feel. Oh well--I guess it's better than the diet crap I've been putting into my system for the past 9 years
this is great! because the sparkling water costs LESS then the still. I can stretch to one bottle a week, and force myself to drink it
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 PM
mikthehick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
this is great! because the sparkling water costs LESS then the still. I can stretch to one bottle a week, and force myself to drink it
What about tap? I drink the tap here at my house and at work and it's great. It has flouride in it.

People are ALWAYS on my case about tap water and say that I should drink only bottled. I've been drinking tap all my life, and I'm not out all that money in bottled water. We're all dying one day anyway I'm just sick of hearing that tap is bad for you.

I've done water quality studies on Charlottesville Water before, and it's fine for human consumption. Thank you University of Virginia for forcing me to study hydrology, it came in useful
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
What about tap? I drink the tap here at my house and at work and it's great. It has flouride in it.

People are ALWAYS on my case about tap water and say that I should drink only bottled. I've been drinking tap all my life, and I'm not out all that money in bottled water. We're all dying one day anyway I'm just sick of hearing that tap is bad for you.

I've done water quality studies on Charlottesville Water before, and it's fine for human consumption. Thank you University of Virginia for forcing me to study hydrology, it came in useful
Well, I do use the water from the tap to dilute the Squash I drink. But on its own...I dont like the taste and obviously when I drink tea and coffee, the same water from the tap...but its boiled.

I actually often drink slimline Tonic Water...but bottled water is quite expense so obviously, I can spend much on it LOL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
mikthehick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well, I do use the water from the tap to dilute the Squash I drink. But on its own...I dont like the taste and obviously when I drink tea and coffee, the same water from the tap...but its boiled.

I actually often drink slimline Tonic Water...but bottled water is quite expense so obviously, I can spend much on it LOL
That reminds me....Coke Co. got busted last year when they found out that the water sold in Aquafina bottles was pretty much the same water that comes out of Grandma's backyard hose. People pay out the wazoo for water they seemingly think is "pure spring water"....really, it's just designer water. It's the same thing as tap in a pretty package.

Remember when Donald Trump tried to tap into the water economy with "Trump Ice"? That was on the Apprentice show I think in 2004
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
That reminds me....Coke Co. got busted last year when they found out that the water sold in Aquafina bottles was pretty much the same water that comes out of Grandma's backyard hose. People pay out the wazoo for water they seemingly think is "pure spring water"....really, it's just designer water. It's the same thing as tap in a pretty package.

Remember when Donald Trump tried to tap into the water economy with "Trump Ice"? That was on the Apprentice show I think in 2004
They were giving away "Trump Ice" to the fighters last weekend. They put cases of water in the preparation rooms and that's what it was. Bottled water with Trump's face on the label. Of course, the fights were at the Trump Marina in Atlantic City, so it makes sense.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
That reminds me....Coke Co. got busted last year when they found out that the water sold in Aquafina bottles was pretty much the same water that comes out of Grandma's backyard hose. People pay out the wazoo for water they seemingly think is "pure spring water"....really, it's just designer water. It's the same thing as tap in a pretty package.

Remember when Donald Trump tried to tap into the water economy with "Trump Ice"? That was on the Apprentice show I think in 2004
The water in Queens is actually better than bottled water to me. It filtered so well that I've heard it's the cleanest water in the country.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
mikthehick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
They were giving away "Trump Ice" to the fighters last weekend. They put cases of water in the preparation rooms and that's what it was. Bottled water with Trump's face on the label. Of course, the fights were at the Trump Marina in Atlantic City, so it makes sense.
huh, that's really interesting, didn't know that product was still around. Well, if they are giving it away.....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
They were giving away "Trump Ice" to the fighters last weekend. They put cases of water in the preparation rooms and that's what it was. Bottled water with Trump's face on the label. Of course, the fights were at the Trump Marina in Atlantic City, so it makes sense.
Did it taste like success?
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.