Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default gym of perscription

it looks like the doctor will aggre to subsidize my gym membership!

I'm waiting for that process to be sorted but it looks positive.

on another subject...does anyone know is sparkling water as good for you as still...or doesnt it matter
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
it looks like the doctor will aggre to subsidize my gym membership!

I'm waiting for that process to be sorted but it looks positive.

on another subject...does anyone know is sparkling water as good for you as still...or doesnt it matter
That's awesome Dave!

Sparking water is alright for you, no nutrish value, but be aware that the carbonation will probably contributed to a 'bloated' feel. Oh well--I guess it's better than the diet crap I've been putting into my system for the past 9 years
Old 04-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
That's awesome Dave!

Sparking water is alright for you, no nutrish value, but be aware that the carbonation will probably contributed to a 'bloated' feel. Oh well--I guess it's better than the diet crap I've been putting into my system for the past 9 years
this is great! because the sparkling water costs LESS then the still. I can stretch to one bottle a week, and force myself to drink it
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
this is great! because the sparkling water costs LESS then the still. I can stretch to one bottle a week, and force myself to drink it
What about tap? I drink the tap here at my house and at work and it's great. It has flouride in it.

People are ALWAYS on my case about tap water and say that I should drink only bottled. I've been drinking tap all my life, and I'm not out all that money in bottled water. We're all dying one day anyway I'm just sick of hearing that tap is bad for you.

I've done water quality studies on Charlottesville Water before, and it's fine for human consumption. Thank you University of Virginia for forcing me to study hydrology, it came in useful
Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
What about tap? I drink the tap here at my house and at work and it's great. It has flouride in it.

People are ALWAYS on my case about tap water and say that I should drink only bottled. I've been drinking tap all my life, and I'm not out all that money in bottled water. We're all dying one day anyway I'm just sick of hearing that tap is bad for you.

I've done water quality studies on Charlottesville Water before, and it's fine for human consumption. Thank you University of Virginia for forcing me to study hydrology, it came in useful
Well, I do use the water from the tap to dilute the Squash I drink. But on its own...I dont like the taste and obviously when I drink tea and coffee, the same water from the tap...but its boiled.

I actually often drink slimline Tonic Water...but bottled water is quite expense so obviously, I can spend much on it LOL
Old 04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Well, I do use the water from the tap to dilute the Squash I drink. But on its own...I dont like the taste and obviously when I drink tea and coffee, the same water from the tap...but its boiled.

I actually often drink slimline Tonic Water...but bottled water is quite expense so obviously, I can spend much on it LOL
That reminds me....Coke Co. got busted last year when they found out that the water sold in Aquafina bottles was pretty much the same water that comes out of Grandma's backyard hose. People pay out the wazoo for water they seemingly think is "pure spring water"....really, it's just designer water. It's the same thing as tap in a pretty package.

Remember when Donald Trump tried to tap into the water economy with "Trump Ice"? That was on the Apprentice show I think in 2004
Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
County Mike

Quote:
That reminds me....Coke Co. got busted last year when they found out that the water sold in Aquafina bottles was pretty much the same water that comes out of Grandma's backyard hose. People pay out the wazoo for water they seemingly think is "pure spring water"....really, it's just designer water. It's the same thing as tap in a pretty package.

Remember when Donald Trump tried to tap into the water economy with "Trump Ice"? That was on the Apprentice show I think in 2004
They were giving away "Trump Ice" to the fighters last weekend. They put cases of water in the preparation rooms and that's what it was. Bottled water with Trump's face on the label. Of course, the fights were at the Trump Marina in Atlantic City, so it makes sense.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:

The water in Queens is actually better than bottled water to me. It filtered so well that I've heard it's the cleanest water in the country.

[
Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
They were giving away "Trump Ice" to the fighters last weekend. They put cases of water in the preparation rooms and that's what it was. Bottled water with Trump's face on the label. Of course, the fights were at the Trump Marina in Atlantic City, so it makes sense.
huh, that's really interesting, didn't know that product was still around. Well, if they are giving it away.....
Old 04-08-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Did it taste like success?

[