Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2009, 10:58 PM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Insane Capoeira Knockout (mma match)

http://www.cagepotato.com/must-see-i...oeria-knockout

*shudder*
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

that...was...awesome!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i can see Alves landing that on GSP
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-2009, 02:46 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

That actually was pretty funny. I don't think it has a huge future in MMA but it was cool to see that's for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2009, 03:11 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still see how a wrestler would have been able to take him down on several occassions. When he lands from those jumps, he's wide-open for an easy takedwon.

Still pretty awesome to watch!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

I've never seen capo actually work like that (outside of a Tony Jaa flick), we had a guy come into the gym who was supposedly an expert in this foolishness and he wanted my coach to let him teach, we tooled him for 2 hours and never saw him again. It's just.....crap
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

didn't that hurt his damn foot?
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
I've never seen capo actually work like that (outside of a Tony Jaa flick), we had a guy come into the gym who was supposedly an expert in this foolishness and he wanted my coach to let him teach, we tooled him for 2 hours and never saw him again. It's just.....crap
It's history is pretty interesting and i guess everyone in Brazil does it to some degree (I'm guess it's like the electric slide)
It's my understanding that slaves used to do it as a way of practicing fighting while making it look like they were dancing.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
It's history is pretty interesting and i guess everyone in Brazil does it to some degree (I'm guess it's like the electric slide)
It's my understanding that slaves used to do it as a way of practicing fighting while making it look like they were dancing.
I love watching it. I think it's history is fascinating.

Didn't the U.S. slaves have something similar? Maybe not but I seem to remember reading something about that....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I love watching it. I think it's history is fascinating.

Didn't the U.S. slaves have something similar? Maybe not but I seem to remember reading something about that....
They used song as a code for mapping escape routes to other slaves. Not sure about the dance but it wouldn't surprise me.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.