Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 04-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
I used to really enjoy watching Basketball but mainly saw Jordan's later years but he was still beyond belief, great man and great athelete.

I used to love the players, the glove Andy Payton at the Sonics, Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajawon, Clyde the Gilde Drexler, Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Karl the postman Malone! And when Garnett just arrived on the scene, Jason Kidd and a young Bryant.

I really liked Basketball in them days but just don't enjoy it as much anymore.
Gary Payton

Not bad for a Brit though!!

Oh yeah.... and Karl was the Mailman
Old 04-07-2009, 01:49 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I think Lebron James has more raw talent than Kobe, and at his young age his potential for improvement is huge. However, when it comes to Jordan, one thing that Michael did better than anybody else was make the teammates around him better players. That is a leadership quality that comes over time, and as of right now Kobe has more of that then Lebron does.
just curious how you would say Kobe has more of that than Lebron...Lebron has taken a team full of role players to the best record in the NBA this season
Old 04-07-2009, 01:49 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
James has the talent but he is a douche
I disagree with this, how is he a douch? I mean he is no MJ, but I have never really seen anything that negative come from him
Old 04-07-2009, 02:03 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I disagree with this, how is he a douch? I mean he is no MJ, but I have never really seen anything that negative come from him
I'm with you on this one brother... I'm not the biggest NBA fan in the world but I haven't really seen any negative press surrounding LeBron.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
just curious how you would say Kobe has more of that than Lebron...Lebron has taken a team full of role players to the best record in the NBA this season
It's plain and simple.

Kobe has 3 championship rings, that means more than anything in the NBA, and the Lakers would not have won them without Kobe. Sure, they had Shaq in his prime, but Kobe made that team what it was. Lebron plays on a team in the Eastern Conference, the competition is not nearly as good as it is in the West. When Lebron finally takes his career to the next level and wins a championship I think he has the potential to explode as hands down the best player in the NBA. Until then, he is still just another superstar.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I don't understand how anybody could think of Lebron James as a "douche". He's a hard worker, doesn't fight with the refs, get in trouble off court, etc. He's a model of what NBA superstars should be.

Plus, he led the U.S. "Redeem Team" to a gold medal this summer.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:11 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Oh yeah.... and Karl was the Mailman
The Mailman who never managed to deliver the goods...

You can't blame Malone though...lots of great players got denied championship rings because of the Jordan Era.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:20 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
It's plain and simple.

Kobe has 3 championship rings, that means more than anything in the NBA, and the Lakers would not have won them without Kobe. Sure, they had Shaq in his prime, but Kobe made that team what it was. Lebron plays on a team in the Eastern Conference, the competition is not nearly as good as it is in the West. When Lebron finally takes his career to the next level and wins a championship I think he has the potential to explode as hands down the best player in the NBA. Until then, he is still just another superstar.
its all well and good to throw out the 3 championships, but lebron hasn't been in the league nearly as long as kobe...and Kobe had a much better team around him than Lebron, hell MJ didn't win a championship until he got good players around him as well. Don't discredit lebron because he had to start his career with a bunch of second to third rate players...Just compare these two names for me Shaquille O'Neal/Zydrunas Ilgauskas....nuff said
Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I don't understand how anybody could think of Lebron James as a "douche". He's a hard worker, doesn't fight with the refs, get in trouble off court, etc. He's a model of what NBA superstars should be.

Plus, he led the U.S. "Redeem Team" to a gold medal this summer.
its because he's different...He doesn't fight people in the stands and he doesn't have gang ties...He's the oddball in this era of the nba...I think his tenacity and will to win are the highest I've seen since MJ...I wouldn't say its as high as MJ because I don't think that is humanly possible
Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Chuck

Quote:
...Just compare these two names for me Shaquille O'Neal/Zydrunas Ilgauskas....nuff said

Admit it JB.... that was funny!!