Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
Mac, Why did Matt shut the truck off when he got stuck? won't that cause water to get sucked in and hydrolock the motor? !

Well i really dont think he had an option , That ford wasnt going to get close enough to him to hook a strap , and even if it did it more than likely wouldnt have budged him . The dozer was a good deal away , so killing it was pretty much the only option lol. Ive never personally witnessed one get hydrolocked but i have heard of it happening . Ive been bouncing around through ponds and smacked a stump which bounced the floats in the carb hard enough to kill it , never had a problem with em sucking water ,

Bought a brand new polaris a couple years ago like the one Mark was riding and within 3 hours of owning it i had it back in the creek and the only thing showing was the headlight and handle bars lol. Those machines are extremely water tight and damn near float. The only reason it died is it couldnt push the water out the exhaust fast enough . Lifted the rear end high enough so it could push the water out and wham , it fired right up no problems.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by internationalharvester
haha Mac I was just talking about the blazer last night lol I was there the night that group of idiots got stuck at Bendler's Bottom and she got broke tryin to pull out a lifted doodge haha happened to run into one of those guys
Yup , that dodge was in past its headlights , only thing showin was hood ornament and windshield and someone told me it was a stock truck so i figured i could tug it out , Not till after i pointed the rear pinion at the floor boards and shot the rear shaft out the side did someone tell me it had 6 inches of lift and 38's or 35's , and it was burried past the friggin headlights lol . I could still move with just the front axle pulling . That was the night that i went home and drug the 3/4 ton axles out of the shed and put them in it the next week.

It took a d8 dozer down there the next day to get that guy and the rest of them out. The neatest part about that night was my passenger was an on duty shelby county sherrifs deputy ha ha ha , Cody LOVES that blazer.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 PM

Looks a llot of fun!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Now that looks like a good time!!! I don't have the bandwidth to see the videos. Ill have to book mark them for later ...

I'd have been the first one in the mud.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
internationalharvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Yup , that dodge was in past its headlights , only thing showin was hood ornament and windshield and someone told me it was a stock truck so i figured i could tug it out , Not till after i pointed the rear pinion at the floor boards and shot the rear shaft out the side did someone tell me it had 6 inches of lift and 38's or 35's , and it was burried past the friggin headlights lol . I could still move with just the front axle pulling . That was the night that i went home and drug the 3/4 ton axles out of the shed and put them in it the next week.

It took a d8 dozer down there the next day to get that guy and the rest of them out. The neatest part about that night was my passenger was an on duty shelby county sherrifs deputy ha ha ha , Cody LOVES that blazer.

haha not gonna lie Mac, you were pretty p!$$ed that after you shot that shaft....as for runnin into you this weekend i forgot to mention i just bought a little savage 223 on friday from max, know i should have waited and got the ar but thats later on......savin money to get a DPMS PantherBull 24 Special, haha just like the one brock bought off of mike
Old 04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
CAVEMAN

Just the good ol' boys,
Never meanin' no harm!

That is awesome!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Blmfighter

Nate, what kind of trans is in Matt's truck? I might have a flywheel that will work.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
Nate, what kind of trans is in Matt's truck? I might have a flywheel that will work.

It takes a special flywheel for a 502 , one piece rear main . I imagine the trans is you standard sm465
Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Blmfighter

Yeah, I have a buddy that has a 502 and he always buys extra parts. I thought maybe he had a th400. The Munice is a good trans, I guess with the low gearing that trans would be a good one for mudding.

What year is the motor? All the 91-current year 454-502 takes the same flywheel.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Blmfighter

mac, do you know if he has a 10.5 or 11" clutch?