Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

[QUOTE=Mark]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Only if the Child is above the age of accountability.

Otherwise, everything is the choice of the Parent or Guardian.

As the Baptism is just a ceremony that is nothing more then the profession of the Faith, it doesnt matter if one gets baptized on the choice of their parents, baptized on their own choice, or never baptized at all.

I think you are wrong. 1 Peter 3:20, 21 Who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water. and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also-not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of good conscience toward god. It saves you by the resurection of jesus christ. Mark
Yes...and the Noahs Ark is the Mirror Symbolism to Baptism no doubt.

BUT: Christ Saves People...The Church CANNOT save people.

It isnt good enough to be Baptised by Water, if you are not Baptized by The Spirit....and the two arent Mutually Exclusive. Neither do they allways, or mostly happen together.

Do you believe that one HAS to be Baptised in WATER during a Church Ceremony to be Saved.

Do you believe Profession of Faith alone through the Church Saves

I mean...Roman Catholics might believe that. But I totally dissagree..And I shall tell you why. Baptism is a Sacrement. This means it is a Gift from GOD. The Church does not have power over the Sacrements. Not Even Saint Peter had power over the Sacrements...but they like to forget that. The Keys to the Kingdom...are not the same, as controlling a Gift from GOD.

So...it works the same as a marriage. If the parents Baptise the child as an infant, and profess, but do not believe, they are not saved, and niether is the child. No Child is ever saved by infant Baptism, and no Parent ever saved by a true profession of Faith.

Outward apperances can be deceiving...thats why GOD looks at the heart.

GOD Saves...The Church Pretends to. Thats the Truth when it comes to Baptism. If Christ Baptises you with Spirit, you are Saved. If The Church Baptizes you with Water...you are not.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Administrator

[QUOTE=Tyburn]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark

Yes...and the Noahs Ark is the Mirror Symbolism to Baptism no doubt.

BUT: Christ Saves People...The Church CANNOT save people.

Is not the church the house of God? Can christ save people through the church? Get my point?

It isnt good enough to be Baptised by Water, if you are not Baptized by The Spirit....and the two arent Mutually Exclusive. Neither do they allways, or mostly happen together.

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you. The water is the symbol, It could be spit if you believe in your heart.

Do you believe that one HAS to be Baptised in WATER during a Church Ceremony to be Saved.
No, two Sundays ago four people were baptised in our pond.

Do not know how you define profession of faith. I believe If you confess with your mouth, and believe in you heart you are saved.

I mean...Roman Catholics might believe that. But I totally dissagree..And I shall tell you why. Baptism is a Sacrement. This means it is a Gift from GOD. The Church does not have power over the Sacrements. Not Even Saint Peter had power over the Sacrements...but they like to forget that. The Keys to the Kingdom...are not the same, as controlling a Gift from GOD.

So...it works the same as a marriage. If the parents Baptise the child as an infant, and profess, but do not believe, they are not saved, and niether is the child. No Child is ever saved by infant Baptism, and no Parent ever saved by a true profession of Faith.

Parents cannot save you.

Outward apperances can be deceiving...thats why GOD looks at the heart.

True

GOD Saves...The Church Pretends to. Thats the Truth when it comes to Baptism. If Christ Baptises you with Spirit, you are Saved. If The Church Baptizes you with Water...you are not.
The water is just a symbol. Mark
Old 04-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Dave, you're going to have to define what exactly you mean by "Profession of Faith." We might be using different terminology to define the same thing.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

[QUOTE=Mark]
Quote:

The water is just a symbol. Mark
Yes, I aggree. Whilst useful...not entirely essential.

Why have the symbol of baptism by being watered....when GOD will give you real Baptism (with no symbol) in spirit and fire.

Thats why I said...I dont think Baptism in a church matters to much
Old 04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Dave, you're going to have to define what exactly you mean by "Profession of Faith." We might be using different terminology to define the same thing.
Well...Profession of Faith, is what someone does at Baptism. They are asked to answer specific questions. Which basically tells the world they have made vows to be Christians.

To say "I'm A Christian" is a Profession of Faith.

But that doesnt save you. Calling yourself a Christian, and saying it to loads of people publically...wont suddenly make you saved.

Christians are saved by Faith...NOT by Professing their Faith (I mean, they should profess it also...but the profession alone, wont save...whereas the faith alone will)

Does that help...or no