Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Stump Rules!

Since Sandra was obviously found and dead I decided to move the thread to the woodshed so that I can follow up with what is going on in her case.It's pretty unbelievable but that Sunday school teacher that killed her is also being charged with raping her. I'm stunned. Here is a video of the girl at her arraignment this afternoon

http://news.google.com/news?q=sandra...=0&sa=N&tab=vn

I was shocked in the first place that a woman even did this but was glad when I assumed it wasn't a sexual predator and maybe the woman just got mad and killed her quickly in anger.It was not the case

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-15-2009, 03:00 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Since Sandra was obviously found and dead I decided to move the thread to the woodshed so that I can follow up with what is going on in her case.It's pretty unbelievable but that Sunday school teacher that killed her is also being charged with raping her. I'm stunned. Here is a video of the girl at her arraignment this afternoon

http://news.google.com/news?q=sandra...=0&sa=N&tab=vn

I was shocked in the first place that a woman even did this but was glad when I assumed it wasn't a sexual predator and maybe the woman just got mad and killed her quickly in anger.It was not the case
This is just disgusting. The more I read about this case, the more I want to puke.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Death Row for this B!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Stump Rules!

An update...looks like they will be seeking the death penalty

San Joaquin County prosecutors will ask for the death penalty for the Sunday school teacher accused of raping and murdering an 8-year-old playmate of her daughter in Tracy, authorities said Thursday.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, was indicted in July on a murder charge and three special circumstances in the death of Sandra Cantu - including that she killed during the commission of a rape - that make her eligible for execution if convicted. Huckaby was also accused of sexually assaulting a child younger than 10.

The decision to seek lethal execution was made by District Attorney James Willett, who consulted with attorneys in his office as well as Sandra's family, authorities said.

Huckaby pleaded not guilty at a hearing Thursday in San Joaquin County Superior Court. Judge Linda Lofthus revealed that the defense had hired a change-of-venue expert from California State University Chico, suggesting that Huckaby wants to move her trial elsewhere.

Huckaby also sought to remove her lawyer, Deputy Public Defender Sam Behar, from the case, but Lofthus denied the motion. The reason for Huckaby's request was not explained, and a gag order prevents lawyers from talking about the case outside court.

Huckaby will return to court Sept. 25, at which time the judge could set a trial date, possibly in March.

Huckaby is accused of killing Sandra after the girl went to her house to play with Huckaby's 5-year-old daughter March 27.

Much is still not known about the case, and authorities have not gone into detail about how they believe Sandra died.

However, sources close to the investigation have told The Chronicle that they believe the girl was deliberately killed at the Clover Road Baptist Church, where Huckaby's grandfather is the pastor and where she taught Sunday school.

The church is two blocks from the mobile home park where Sandra lived with her mother, her three older siblings and her grandparents and where Huckaby resided with her grandparents.

Sandra's disappearance triggered a 10-day search that gripped Tracy. Her body, stuffed in a suitcase, was found by farmworkers draining an irrigation pond two miles from the mobile home park.

Hours before her arrest, Huckaby told a reporter for the Tracy Press that the suitcase was hers. She said it had been stolen out of her driveway the day Sandra vanished.

Huckaby had already been undergoing mental evaluation as a result of an earlier petty-theft conviction, and relatives said she had battled depression. Sources said she tried to commit suicide in the days before her arrest, leading her to be hospitalized.

Besides the murder and rape charges, Huckaby is accused of child endangerment and furnishing a harmful substance. Those counts are related to her alleged drugging of a 7-year-old girl and a man in the months before Sandra died.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...L7AA.DTL&tsp=1

Old 05-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Stump Rules!

And the last update from this case:

California, May 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A woman from California has admitted to murdering an eight year old girl named Sandra Cantu. The accused, Melissa Huckaby is now held guilty of kidnapping and killing the 8 year old child and then throwing her body in an irrigation pond after packing it in a suitcase. The 29 year old woman will be sentenced to prison for a period of 25 years after the hearing on the 14th of June.

Rest in peace little girl.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100362063.html

Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 PM

Oh no. It breaks my heart that these babies are the constant victims of sick psychos. Children today can never play carefree. The poor family, I will sure pray for them, this is so tragic.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:07 PM

How did she not get life? I would guess that she can be out in half the time? This is just more devastation for the family, in my opinion.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
How did she not get life? I would guess that she can be out in half the time? This is just more devastation for the family, in my opinion.
Thats how I am feeling like no justice. This sick B is gonna be out while she is still alive..
Old 05-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Stump Rules!

She got life without the possibility of parole. Sandra Cantu's family ok'd it because they know, in their own words " California's death penalty is a huge let down anyway"( rarely does anyone ever get put to death) and they didn't see any reason to go through a trial.They also got the records sealed just yesterday as far as the details of what that monster did to that little girl. Good for them.