Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Yet God called David a man after his own heart. How many wives did David have?
David paid a heavy price for his Sin
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
You may need the bible to teach you how to be a good person, those like myself who are non-believers are able to do so without the aid of your book. Like it or not, people can live a rewarding life with strong values without the need for religion. To think or say that I can't be or am not a good person because I don't believe is quite an insult.

You base your argument on the assumption that I too think that there is only one true God, and you don't know this at all. You believe this, which is fine, but you don't know this.
I'm not assuming anything.

I am asking a VERY simple question. Please answer it.

How do you know the difference between Right and Wrong? The Golden Rule doesnt cover that. So just answer the question
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Jim Crow laws were based on a way a person was born. Homosexuality is a choice. Apples and oranges huge difference.
Most gays have the same amount of choice in the matter as a black person born in 1930.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
You seem to go off in strange directions and not comprehend what I have written, and then try to change what I say. Until you stop this, I have no need to have anything more to say to you.



You overwhelm me with your lack of understanding on what I have written and then going off on tangents based upon things I have not said.
Do you find me indimidating Do you fail to understand what I'm saying. If you dont understand what I'm saying, ask. If you avoid it...there is a reason behind that...probably because you feel uncomfortable...I'd ask you why you feel uncomfortable.

What are you frightened of in engaging me. Frightened I might present you with something you dare not believe. You asked a question about the Tree of the Knowledge of Goodness and Evil...and I answered it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
1)Show me where I have stated what you say I have stated. Stop putting words in my mouth.



2)You do realize that the words "under God" weren't part of the original pledge don't you. If you don't, look it up and educate yourself before you call me un-American. I am getting sick of listening to your crap like this. You're quite the pompous one and you really deserve a swift kick in the ass. I would like to see you call some of my military friends who don't believe un-American to their faces. Seeing as how I am not a violent person, I will say to you to keep that bs to yourself. It's people like you that make me think that some religious folks are case studies for mental institutions and out of touch with the real world.

To those of you who have spoken to me respectfully, I apologize for my words towards Tyburn.



You think you know what is true, but you seem quite delusional to me. Your obnoxious attitude does little to bolster your opinions. I don't think it is really worth my while to study a fictional book that is full of inconsistencies and has stories that were plagiarized from many other different stories from multiple cultures.

If you wish to discuss this further, PM me so I don't irritate the membership with my views, as I did say that I would try to refrain from posting more in this thread.

Again my apologies to those I may have offended. My response in kind was to Tyburn due to his lack of respect in questioning my status as an American. Don't tread on me Tyburn.
1) it was in the quote I highlighted!!!! You told me your country stands for something other then Christian Value...Thats wrong, constitutionally wrong. You told me not to force my opinion onto you because it went against what your country stood for...my opinion is the opinion the founders of your Society held...so your Country stands for Christ. How can you call yourself American, and not hold to what your country REALLY stands for

2) Your Forefathers were Freemasons. They were considered CHRISTIAN. They. Dont blame me for the fact your country has its entire basis on something YOU dont believe. I'm telling you facts.

I also have absolutely no care what you think of me. I'm not intimidated by your "military friends" what do you think this site is made up of?? Primarily Forces and Ex-Forces...and they seem to tollerate me just fine.

You have expressed what you DONT believe in, please allow me to Express what I DO believe in. (I was going to say "its only fair" but you've yet to state simply where your sence of Justice comes from!!)

3) Dont tell me what I mean. I know what I mean. I dont "think I know" about GOD. I know. Period. You can tell me I am wrong. But you cant tell me I dont mean what I say...because when I say, I KNOW GOD exists, and I KNOW Christs Salvation...I'm NOT telling you an opinion, or a possiblity. I am telling you THE Truth. You can either Accept it...or Reject it. Thats your choice.

I dont need to PM you to discuss further. If you dont want to know, thats your issue, but dont expect me to just fall silent. If you can express your thoughts...I will express mine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
No. He might like that.


I have nothing to hide LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:00 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
There are no marriages in courts. They are technically referred to as civil unions. Try researching fact before you openly rebuke someone. Gays are perfectly allowed to engage in a domestic partnership. Every religion has their own marriage ceremony and thus by the 1st amend. congress can make no laws changing that. Gay marriage would force churches to accept it and Christinas to accept it. That infringes on our constitutional rights.
that civil union is referred to as marriage ... and that is what gays are being granted ... the law does not mean that a church or synogogue or temple will be forced to "marry" to same sex individuals ... it is stating that gays will be allowed to marry in courts ...
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
that civil union is referred to as marriage ... and that is what gays are being granted ... the law does not mean that a church or synogogue or temple will be forced to "marry" to same sex individuals ... it is stating that gays will be allowed to marry in courts ...
Didn't jolly ole England do that? And then not far to follow was the churches either performed the weddings or were cut off from government help and/or benefits?

Our government is contemplating cutting the tax breaks on people giving monies to the churches and charities (or have they done it already I find it hard to keep up these days). So the government has already shown that they don't have any qualms about cutting church priviledges. Therefore, the government forcing the church to perform these weddings or else face losing their governmental funding is exactly where this is heading, imo.

Do you agree?
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Didn't jolly ole England do that? And then not far to follow was the churches either performed the weddings or were cut off from government help and/or benefits?

Our government is contemplating cutting the tax breaks on people giving monies to the churches and charities (or have they done it already I find it hard to keep up these days). So the government has already shown that they don't have any qualms about cutting church priviledges. Therefore, the government forcing the church to perform these weddings or else face losing their governmental funding is exactly where this is heading, imo.

Do you agree?
see, i don't know about how it works there, but here, i haven't seen any signs of that .. we have been allowing these and the churches have still had their rights to allow marriages as they see fit .. the government hasn't forced let's say catholic churches to marry people who have been divorced ... but in the US, who knows .. i just think that "court" marriages are a mockery of marriage, why is it that a heterosexual can go to a drive thru in vegas, get married, get divorced and do it all over again when "the ink isn't dry on their divorce paper" (tribute to Godfather II) ... but a homosexual couple who wants to do the same can't?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
see, i don't know about how it works there, but here, i haven't seen any signs of that .. we have been allowing these and the churches have still had their rights to allow marriages as they see fit .. the government hasn't forced let's say catholic churches to marry people who have been divorced ... but in the US, who knows .. i just think that "court" marriages are a mockery of marriage, why is it that a heterosexual can go to a drive thru in vegas, get married, get divorced and do it all over again when "the ink isn't dry on their divorce paper" (tribute to Godfather II) ... but a homosexual couple who wants to do the same can't?


You don't see any signs of that coming?

That is the way government funding works. You follow government rules and regulations in order to obtain government funding. As soon as this law becomes federal then this is soon to follow.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.