Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Secondly...you are so wrong about your own Country. Freedom UNDER GOD, does not equal Freedom to do whatever you like. You Country infact expressly preserves Christianity...you've just perverted the original pragmatic of the word to suit yourself.
Show me where I have stated what you say I have stated. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
You and all Americans, are NOT free to live as you please, to do what you please, to tollerate everysingle notion. To do that is very UN-American..and the problem with half the so called Americans on the planet. If you arent living as "one nation UNDER GOD" then you are actually NOT American by the definition laid out by your forefathers. Sorry to break it to you...but I am the American Patriot in this discussion YOU are the missguided stray. Has to be said. If you dont understand that then...frankly...you dont understand WHAT your country actually stands for...because it DOESNT stand for what you think.

Are you UNDER GOD??? You do realize thats a pre-requisit for post-civil war Americanism..right
You do realize that the words "under God" weren't part of the original pledge don't you. If you don't, look it up and educate yourself before you call me un-American. I am getting sick of listening to your crap like this. You're quite the pompous one and you really deserve a swift kick in the ass. I would like to see you call some of my military friends who don't believe un-American to their faces. Seeing as how I am not a violent person, I will say to you to keep that bs to yourself. It's people like you that make me think that some religious folks are case studies for mental institutions and out of touch with the real world.

To those of you who have spoken to me respectfully, I apologize for my words towards Tyburn.

Quote:
I'm not trying to force my views...I'm just telling you what I KNOW is True. You dont have to believe me...but I did ask you if you were ready for me to reply.
4) lets just say that Englands ahead of you with the whole Sharia Law thang...just like it already allows homosexual marriage
You think you know what is true, but you seem quite delusional to me. Your obnoxious attitude does little to bolster your opinions. I don't think it is really worth my while to study a fictional book that is full of inconsistencies and has stories that were plagiarized from many other different stories from multiple cultures.

If you wish to discuss this further, PM me so I don't irritate the membership with my views, as I did say that I would try to refrain from posting more in this thread.

Again my apologies to those I may have offended. My response in kind was to Tyburn due to his lack of respect in questioning my status as an American. Don't tread on me Tyburn.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:43 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Show me where I have stated what you say I have stated. Stop putting words in my mouth.

You do realize that the words "under God" weren't part of the original pledge don't you. If you don't, look it up and educate yourself before you call me un-American. I am getting sick of listening to your crap like this. You're quite the pompous one and you really deserve a swift kick in the ass. I would like to see you call some of my military friends who don't believe un-American to their faces. Seeing as how I am not a violent person, I will say to you to keep that bs to yourself. It's people like you that make me think that some religious folks are case studies for mental institutions and out of touch with the real world.

To those of you who have spoken to me respectfully, I apologize for my words towards Tyburn.

You think you know what is true, but you seem quite delusional to me. Your obnoxious attitude does little to bolster your opinions. I don't think it is really worth my while to study a fictional book that is full of inconsistencies and has stories that were plagiarized from many other different stories from multiple cultures.

If you wish to discuss this further, PM me so I don't irritate the membership with my views, as I did say that I would try to refrain from posting more in this thread.

Again my apologies to those I may have offended. My response in kind was to Tyburn due to his lack of respect in questioning my status as an American. Don't tread on me Tyburn.

Ole Dave can piss anybody off.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I should talk to some TSA and Customs agents I know and make sure he gets multiple cavity searches when he arrives in the US.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I should talk to some TSA and Customs agents I know and make sure he gets multiple cavity searches when he arrives in the US.
No. He might like that.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:45 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Why was interracial marriage illegal Chris? Laws and society's views are often in need of a tune-up.
Jim Crow laws were based on a way a person was born. Homosexuality is a choice. Apples and oranges huge difference.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
you keep saying that marriage is a religious event, but if people can be "married" in a court, with no mention of God, then it is not religious .. they are not being granted to be allowed marriage in churches, synogogues, temples etc, but in courts ... so they are asking that their unions be recognized as marriages in a legal sense and not a religious sense ... as even in many religions, marriage is treated different, so which religion is right?
There are no marriages in courts. They are technically referred to as civil unions. Try researching fact before you openly rebuke someone. Gays are perfectly allowed to engage in a domestic partnership. Every religion has their own marriage ceremony and thus by the 1st amend. congress can make no laws changing that. Gay marriage would force churches to accept it and Christinas to accept it. That infringes on our constitutional rights.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
No. He might like that.

beat me to it
Old 04-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:

it's better to be pissed off than pissed on
Old 04-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
That infringes on our constitutional rights.
get used to it
Old 04-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
you keep saying that marriage is a religious event, but if people can be "married" in a court, with no mention of God, then it is not religious .. they are not being granted to be allowed marriage in churches, synogogues, temples etc, but in courts ... so they are asking that their unions be recognized as marriages in a legal sense and not a religious sense ... as even in many religions, marriage is treated different, so which religion is right?
thats actually not a marriage.

It might be a civil partnership that the state refers to as Marriage...but TRUE definition of marriage is a religious ceremony conducted in a place of worship