Originally Posted by County Mike
Royals? Screw those faggoty bitches.
you crack me up,
Old 04-03-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Royals? Screw those faggoty bitches.

That made me laugh too!

I can assure you no one is up in arms over this, i couldn't care less!

Also not a judgement upon the Obama's but i was informed that someone interning there, who started their place under the Bush administration, and she said they were all a lovely family, really friendly to all etc etc.

Well as Michelle Obama come down the stairs, she abruptly told this intern "to get out of my way"

Now, maybe she was having a bad, maybe it was misunderstood but she may well not be as nice as we all perceive!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
i really dont think Britain as a reflection of its people are up in arms,just Dave.
You are probably right on the whole, but enough people are riled about it to make a wave in our national news. Which is funny.

I say, who cares?

Like Elvis said, "we can't go on together with suspicious minds"
Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I agree.

Who cares if somebody put their hand on the Queen's back? Seriously, their are so many more things in this world to gripe about. I realize that it is tradition and part of the culture, but people take it WAY to seriously. Times change, people change.

Some stupid terrorist loving reporter whips his shoes at our leader and 90% of our country laughed their ass off. Somebody touches the Queen "inappropriately" and Britain is up in arms. I just don't get it.
Its like this

when your a visitor in our country, you follow our rules. Its about being polite, manners cost nothing. You might think there is more to life then complaining about an act of rudeness...but its not much to ask of the Presidents Wife...

If you had the Prime Minister in your country, and he did something unconstitutional...how would you feel? How would you then feel if people in England were like "well its only a constitution, its not even that old, there is far more to complain about then a brit breaking the constitution on a visit to the United States"

There are all kinds of rules, that they will have been briefed on. Michelle would have been told not to inappropriately touch the Queen. Its not like she didnt know, or wasnt told. She probably forgot, and probably didnt really think it important.

There are other rules...rules I had to learn when working at Saint Paul's Cathedral, about not turning your back to certain people. I remember once when I forgot, I had just led in London for a Friday Eucharist, and we bowed infront of the Altar, then we were supposed to bow to each other...He bowed to me, but I walked away...so he Bowed to my back

He actually asked the Canon Precentor if he had done something to offend me, because what I did by turning away was unspeakably rude, and, uncommon for me.

I'd just forgotten...and I went and appologised after the service of course
Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
You aren't suppose to touch the Royals?

I don't understand.
No. You arent supposed to touch the Queen. She is the "embodiment of the Country"

You dont speak to her unless she starts a conversation. You dont touch her unless she offers you her hand. when in her presence, you dont turn your back on her, (when you want to leave, either follow or walk next to her...or walk backwards away from her) and when greeting her, you must bow.

She wears gloves most of the time so she cant be touched. its probably about old Purity Laws...but she is a very important person, like a living relic, she must be treated with a certain amount of reverence She Personifies more then One Thousand Years of Monarchy, She represents a Nation which has rulled over a third of the World with an Empire. That is what you are Addressing...your not just approaching a person...your approaching "The Crown" thats the whole legacy of this country, back to the Romans.

So...we ask for a little respect hahahaha
Old 04-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Its following protocol like that, that makes people want to oust the royals.

Michelle is the first lady and entirely equal to the Queen.

For me there is no issue, no rule she has to follow.

The Queen needs to be seen as more personable and approachable.

Let me just state, that myself, none of my friends or any of my family are even the slightest put out by this!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
No. You arent supposed to touch the Queen. She is the "embodiment of the Country"

You dont speak to her unless she starts a conversation. You dont touch her unless she offers you her hand. when in her presence, you dont turn your back on her, (when you want to leave, either follow or walk next to her...or walk backwards away from her) and when greeting her, you must bow.

She wears gloves most of the time so she cant be touched. its probably about old Purity Laws...but she is a very important person, like a living relic, she must be treated with a certain amount of reverence She Personifies more then One Thousand Years of Monarchy, She represents a Nation which has rulled over a third of the World with an Empire. That is what you are Addressing...your not just approaching a person...your approaching "The Crown" thats the whole legacy of this country, back to the Romans.

So...we ask for a little respect hahahaha
she is a damm Kraut! ha ha
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Well as Michelle Obama come down the stairs, she abruptly told this intern "to get out of my way"

Now, maybe she was having a bad, maybe it was misunderstood but she may well not be as nice as we all perceive!
I've never perceived her as nice at all. She has the typical look of a very bitchy person. Something about the way a constant scowl leaves it's mark on a person's face. She has that.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Its like this

when your a visitor in our country, you follow our rules. Its about being polite, manners cost nothing. You might think there is more to life then complaining about an act of rudeness...but its not much to ask of the Presidents Wife...

If you had the Prime Minister in your country, and he did something unconstitutional...how would you feel? How would you then feel if people in England were like "well its only a constitution, its not even that old, there is far more to complain about then a brit breaking the constitution on a visit to the United States"

There are all kinds of rules, that they will have been briefed on. Michelle would have been told not to inappropriately touch the Queen. Its not like she didnt know, or wasnt told. She probably forgot, and probably didnt really think it important.

There are other rules...rules I had to learn when working at Saint Paul's Cathedral, about not turning your back to certain people. I remember once when I forgot, I had just led in London for a Friday Eucharist, and we bowed infront of the Altar, then we were supposed to bow to each other...He bowed to me, but I walked away...so he Bowed to my back

He actually asked the Canon Precentor if he had done something to offend me, because what I did by turning away was unspeakably rude, and, uncommon for me.

I'd just forgotten...and I went and appologised after the service of course
Don't get me wrong Dave....I completely understand the difference in cultures, and I understand that the Obama's would have been briefed on what is proper and what is not....

However, your comparison of touching the queen "inappropriately" to violating the constitution of the United States is not only hypothetical, but it's also apples and oranges.

We are talking about politely putting a hand on someones back. Not a drunken "yee haw" hillbilly slap on the back. More than anything, it was probably a natural reaction from Mrs. Obama. I realize that it is a different culture, but I still don't think that it was anything intentional or anything to get riled about.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I heard that the iPod that was given to her had some of Obama's speeches on it.

Happy Listening!