Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I can't defend her in that. Adultery is adultery, doesn't matter which one of them crossed the line first. Two wrongs never make a right.

But, he was just using her from the very beginning. No good faith on his part. So I do put most of the responsibility at his door for what happened with their marriage, and because of that he played a part in what happened to her, in my eyes.
I don't see it that way to be honest. I don't think he was using her. I will admit she would be a perfect choice for a trophy wife but Diana was simply... amazing. How could you not fall in love with her??? I believe he was in love with her... at least in the beginning. He isn't the most handsome fellow so I guess an equally strong argument could be made for her being a gold digger.

I'm a big believer in personal responsibility. I don't think Charles carries guilt or responsibility in what happened to Diana. I think Diana is partially responsible, obviously the driver of the car is responsible and the paparazzi.

Either way it's tragic. She would have brought something to the Royal family that has been missing for a long time.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

well the adultorer in all this really is Prince Charles. Camilla was always his "mistress" and now that Diana is dead...look who he's married.

I think the problem with Diana was that she could be a little bit "difficult" and she was radical, something the Monarchy havent really been under Elizabeth

She wasnt liked by the Royals very much, when things started to go wrong...it wasnt just Charles...it was The Duke of Edinborough aswell. Some people even say that Her death hides a conspiracy by the Royals to remove her. Whilst I think thats going too far...there wasnt much love lost between the two familes...after all...her Brother used his speech in the Funeral service to give the Royals a tremendous bollocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VUy-wBwBvw (sorry for the fact you have to listen to half of Elton John first )

There hasnt been a spontaneous applause like that, in part against the Monarchy, in Westminster Abbey in its entire history... an applause that echoes down the nave for over 30 seconds...

Last edited by Tyburn; 04-06-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
well, melissa was pissed a while back when people were talking bad about middle eastern, arabs etc ... so now she is getting pissed for a guy serving his country and speaking a different language ... whatever, basically you are good enough to defend my country but not good enough to speak your mother tongue ....

btw chuck, your deleted post was SPOT ON!
Ok I get pissed if you talk about someone just because of what they look like. Example Arabs, Irish, etc.. You don't think I don't have family that speaks Spanish and German? My fathers parents are from Mexico so guess what when he decided to enlist in the United States Navy our government changed his name from Roberto to Robert and also advised him no spanish speaking will be tolerated my father agreed because he was serving the US. I have no problem with people speaking other languages at all its just very offensive to be on a US base and hear it. I don't give a crap who agrees with me or not and frankly no ones opinion matters but my own. Im not trying to switch back and forth on this topic.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Ok I get pissed if you talk about someone just because of what they look like. Example Arabs, Irish, etc.. You don't think I don't have family that speaks Spanish and German? My fathers parents are from Mexico so guess what when he decided to enlist in the United States Navy our government changed his name from Roberto to Robert and also advised him no spanish speaking will be tolerated my father agreed because he was serving the US. I have no problem with people speaking other languages at all its just very offensive to be on a US base and hear it. I don't give a crap who agrees with me or not and frankly no ones opinion matters but my own. Im not trying to switch back and forth on this topic.
i don't know how it is now, but when i was in, you had to speak English on duty. especially so in the hospital and clinics because people, in general, get paranoid when a foreign language is spoken around them and they can't understand it. are they talking about me? why are they not speaking English? they don't want me to hear them?

unfortunately, like in civilian life, there are plenty of non citizens in the military (my experience) who are just there for American dollars and a chance to live in America. they could care less about assimilating (resistance is futile). i wonder how many other countries allow non citizens into their military's?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
who is that next to you?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i don't know how it is now, but when i was in, you had to speak English on duty. especially so in the hospital and clinics because people, in general, get paranoid when a foreign language is spoken around them and they can't understand it. are they talking about me? why are they not speaking English? they don't want me to hear them?

unfortunately, like in civilian life, there are plenty of non citizens in the military (my experience) who are just there for American dollars and a chance to live in America. they could care less about assimilating (resistance is futile). i wonder how many other countries allow non citizens into their military's?
Rome did and it worked out great for them
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Rome did and it worked out great for them
Rome should be an example that PC doesn't work.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
who is that next to you?
My cousin Lady Leatherneck
Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

lets be put back on topic with another groovy video. This was of happier times for the Princess...when she was getting married in Saint Paul's Cathedral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQpFKLqSPjc

Forget the Princess...isnt the Cathedral fantastic!!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
My cousin Lady Leatherneck
Leatherneck huh....sounds very cultured

she's either a Marine or her man is a Marine, yes?