Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-06-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Now wasnt that the Edward that Abdicated...also the King that the Nazi party were planning on Restoring once they conqured England? Yes...they wished to share Europe with the King of England

As for Charles....Well...even if Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister of Britian, manages to force a change in the order of asscension, based purely on birth rather then gender...Princess Ann would skip over Edward and Andrew...but she was born AFTER Charles, so she cant nip in front of him.

Charles on the other hand has since married Carmilla you know. She would be known as "Queen Consort" if HE took the throne. She would never be known as Queen, even with Him as King, because of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, and because she offers two future Kings.

The thing about Charles is, I doubt his sincerity to The Church...He wanted a Multifaith coronation How can he have that when as King he MUST be Defender of THE ANGLICAN FAITH I also dont think much of the common wealth like him...I also dont think he'd be anywhere near as quiet as Elizabeth...you find she meddles with the political system behind the scenes...I think Charles would be like a bull in a china shop...you know...suddenly he'd see himself as quite the politician...and thats, WADR no place for the Monarchy now unless he wants to test the waters of revolution

The big question is what happens when Elizabeth dies...because I dont see Charles wanting to abdicate. IF Charles dies, it goes to William, if William dies, it goes to Harry...if Harry dies it very much depends on whether the order of asscencion has been changed...if the answer is YES, it goes to Anne, if the answer is no, it goes to Andrew...now Andrew only has daughters.

Our best hope is either he dies before Elizabeth...OR he aggrees to abdicate.

I see nither happening

I too, worry, that without Elizabeth...many traditions of the monarchy might die off. Now as we are on the subject of Diana princess of wales...watch this video below, it shows the recessional from her funeral. What I LOVE is how carefully its all be choreographed...so that as she passes the grave of the unknown warrior (the slab surrounded by poppies that even royalty must go ROUND rather then over) the piece comes to its climax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_QgNkG5jg

As someone whose led processions, I cant tell you how hard it is to get something choreographed and timed as perfectly as that...btw incase you're interested (sorry to bombard you LOL) below is her processional in...again notice how the Choir Master at the end times the Amen to coincide with the removal of the pall bearers...like clockwork...absolutely beautiful!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKNmlXXvl0c
Beautiful but so sad!

I can't say I respect Charles much for how he treated Diana or his marriage. But, apparently, he did do the right thing over the objections of his mother and fly to Paris to retrieve her body. I wish Diana had made better choices in the men she chose to associate with. I can't help but feel if she had she would be alive today.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
So we trade Goat for Dave?

~Amy
no one is trading me
Old 04-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Beautiful but so sad!

I can't say I respect Charles much for how he treated Diana or his marriage. But, apparently, he did do the right thing over the objections of his mother and fly to Paris to retrieve her body. I wish Diana had made better choices in the men she chose to associate with. I can't help but feel if she had she would be alive today.
I agree... it's not like Diana was the most faithful spouse either
Old 04-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
yes...you get a bargain....they get...

a bargain? that's funnier than Buffer calling Yamasaki, Herb Dean.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I agree... it's not like Diana was the most faithful spouse either
I can't defend her in that. Adultery is adultery, doesn't matter which one of them crossed the line first. Two wrongs never make a right.

But, he was just using her from the very beginning. No good faith on his part. So I do put most of the responsibility at his door for what happened with their marriage, and because of that he played a part in what happened to her, in my eyes.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Two wrongs never make a right.
make a left
Old 04-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
make a left
Well, three lefts do make a right.