Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
If you are talking about the Queen then we really can't afford to be pissing off the British. Aren't they just about our only allies left?
YES

dont worry...we are long suffering
Old 04-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
who's the Queen?

Get watching, and get waving your Flag Andreas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjr-p9Fpktw

Bonnie, look at 7.50-52 and you can see what "the regalia" of The Most Excellent Order of The British Empire looks like, (although the hat with the feathers, I think that The Order of The Garter actually...it gets confusing becuase they all look pretty much...well...the same hahahaha) and thats just the cloak LMAO. I quite imagine THAT was what The Queen wore when she came to the Service of Thanksgiving in Saint Faith...you know...the font :$ underneith its a sort of silver/red/blue type dress

Last edited by Tyburn; 04-05-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:32 PM

That was very nice, Dave. I've never seen so many photographs of the Queen smiling so much. She should do that more often.

We forget just how young she was when her father died and she became Queen with all that responsibility. It was neat seeing the older black and whites with the Queen Mum and, I believe that was Queen Mary, wasn't it (?) and her uncle, King Edward VIII, who abdicated the throne.

She looked very "queenly" decked out in all her finery for the Regalia.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
That was very nice, Dave. I've never seen so many photographs of the Queen smiling so much. She should do that more often.

We forget just how young she was when her father died and she became Queen with all that responsibility. It was neat seeing the older black and whites with the Queen Mum and, I believe that was Queen Mary, wasn't it (?) and her uncle, King Edward VIII, who abdicated the throne.

She looked very "queenly" decked out in all her finery for the Regalia.
I think it was Queen Mary, the same Queen Mary that Purcell wrote his extraodinary Funeral march for....I think both King Edward, and King George were in those photos...but...whilst I know the names...I'm not so sure I know the faces so well

The thing I find which must be heartbreaking for her, must be the way in which the Royal family has changed, Shes reigned the longest, and in a few years will alos be the oldest Monarch to reign (Queen Victoria didnt come to the throne quite as Early as Elizabeth) and yet if anything, surely her reign is empitomised by the removal of all her powers...I mean almost everyone has their Independance back...and all these videos you see on Youtube are almost exclusively made by NON Britons...if that makes sense...its as if she finds more favour in the rest of the world, then she does from her own people.

I just think its a little sad...but people will mourn her when she's gone because few have commanded the respect and love, world wide, that she has, and none of her heirs are regarded in anywhere near the same level of professionalism. Elizabeth REALLY believes in the divine right of Kingship. She takes her role increadibly seriously, she HONNESTLY believes that GOD ordained HER, specifically, HER for the role of Queen, she doesnt see it as an accident of birth, she sees herself as selected and ordained...and almost consecrated, to Rule...thats why they lowered the canope over her at the coronation...so noone could actually view the moment of the blessing that made her Queen.

Just like in the days of old, the crowds would NOT be able to see what happens in the sanctuary because of a curtain, to stop the people from actually seeing the moment GOD acts because it wasnt for their eyes. It reminds me greatly of the Consecration of Bishops Ceremony...
Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 PM

Yes, there were photos of her dad, King George. He always looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. I don't think, from what I've read, he was thrilled at the prospect of becoming King when his brother abdicated. I think his health wasn't all that good either.

Just think, Dave, but for her uncle's abdication, for an American divorcee no less, she might never have become Queen (unless he had no children, I guess).

Do you think Charles will be King one day? I myself doubt it. I wonder how he "explained" those audio tapes of his conversations with Camilla that went public when he and Diana were feuding to his mum. I imagine she found the whole thing quite distasteful and undignified.

I could never imagine her bringing such embarassment to her position. However, I do think she mishandled the whole shebang when Princess Diana died. I think she underestimated greatly Diana's impact not only in Britain, but the whole world.

I think when she dies, people will be surprised at the outpouring of affection for her at her passing. I also think with her passing a lot of "royal" history and ceremony will be lost.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Yes, there were photos of her dad, King George. He always looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. I don't think, from what I've read, he was thrilled at the prospect of becoming King when his brother abdicated. I think his health wasn't all that good either.

Just think, Dave, but for her uncle's abdication, for an American divorcee no less, she might never have become Queen (unless he had no children, I guess).

Do you think Charles will be King one day? I myself doubt it. I wonder how he "explained" those audio tapes of his conversations with Camilla that went public when he and Diana were feuding to his mum. I imagine she found the whole thing quite distasteful and undignified.

I could never imagine her bringing such embarassment to her position. However, I do think she mishandled the whole shebang when Princess Diana died. I think she underestimated greatly Diana's impact not only in Britain, but the whole world.

I think when she dies, people will be surprised at the outpouring of affection for her at her passing. I also think with her passing a lot of "royal" history and ceremony will be lost.
Now wasnt that the Edward that Abdicated...also the King that the Nazi party were planning on Restoring once they conqured England? Yes...they wished to share Europe with the King of England

As for Charles....Well...even if Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister of Britian, manages to force a change in the order of asscension, based purely on birth rather then gender...Princess Ann would skip over Edward and Andrew...but she was born AFTER Charles, so she cant nip in front of him.

Charles on the other hand has since married Carmilla you know. She would be known as "Queen Consort" if HE took the throne. She would never be known as Queen, even with Him as King, because of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, and because she offers two future Kings.

The thing about Charles is, I doubt his sincerity to The Church...He wanted a Multifaith coronation How can he have that when as King he MUST be Defender of THE ANGLICAN FAITH I also dont think much of the common wealth like him...I also dont think he'd be anywhere near as quiet as Elizabeth...you find she meddles with the political system behind the scenes...I think Charles would be like a bull in a china shop...you know...suddenly he'd see himself as quite the politician...and thats, WADR no place for the Monarchy now unless he wants to test the waters of revolution

The big question is what happens when Elizabeth dies...because I dont see Charles wanting to abdicate. IF Charles dies, it goes to William, if William dies, it goes to Harry...if Harry dies it very much depends on whether the order of asscencion has been changed...if the answer is YES, it goes to Anne, if the answer is no, it goes to Andrew...now Andrew only has daughters.

Our best hope is either he dies before Elizabeth...OR he aggrees to abdicate.

I see nither happening

I too, worry, that without Elizabeth...many traditions of the monarchy might die off. Now as we are on the subject of Diana princess of wales...watch this video below, it shows the recessional from her funeral. What I LOVE is how carefully its all be choreographed...so that as she passes the grave of the unknown warrior (the slab surrounded by poppies that even royalty must go ROUND rather then over) the piece comes to its climax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_QgNkG5jg

As someone whose led processions, I cant tell you how hard it is to get something choreographed and timed as perfectly as that...btw incase you're interested (sorry to bombard you LOL) below is her processional in...again notice how the Choir Master at the end times the Amen to coincide with the removal of the pall bearers...like clockwork...absolutely beautiful!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKNmlXXvl0c
Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Get watching, and get waving your Flag Andreas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjr-p9Fpktw

Bonnie, look at 7.50-52 and you can see what "the regalia" of The Most Excellent Order of The British Empire looks like, (although the hat with the feathers, I think that The Order of The Garter actually...it gets confusing becuase they all look pretty much...well...the same hahahaha) and thats just the cloak LMAO. I quite imagine THAT was what The Queen wore when she came to the Service of Thanksgiving in Saint Faith...you know...the font :$ underneith its a sort of silver/red/blue type dress
i'm thinking of moving to Europe
Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i'm thinking of moving to Europe
I'm thinking of moving to America
Old 04-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

So we trade Goat for Dave?

~Amy

My son made this for me: