Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 PM
TheConcretekid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
An idiot can see what context it is put in.

First off, way to be mature.



Faggot could be defined as a derogatory word for a guy who likes other guys.

Dana White used it to describe a person spoke out against something he felt was wrong but opted to remain anonymous in fear of the repercussions of his words/action.


The fact that guys who happen like other guys have been basically forced to remain anonymous for fear of the repercussions of their lifestyle (being ganged up on and beaten to hell and then tied to a fencepost and left to die, being a repercussion of not remaining anonymous) Dana is tip toeing a dangerous line.



But the context in which Dana used the term was to emasculate this guy, thus implying, purposefully or not, that gays are not even men, which isn't cool, especially if your'e a CEO
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

concretekid - just curious if you think Pastors in churches should be allowed to preach sermons that classify homosexuality as a sin?

(I'm not trying to start a fight btw)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
THAT IS SO COOL!! YOU GUYS ARE SO 'NOT GAY' FOR DOING THAT!! I'd hi-five you but I don't touch other dudes! Rock on!
Gay dudes are actually pretty cool for the most part. I use to work at starbucks with a gay guy who became a close friend(no homo).


Most of them are pretty evolved and from what I can see they use the word faggot and queer on eachother just as much as rappers use the nbomb and with the same intention.


Different strokes for different folks no pun intended.

My point was everyone just needs to lighten up and get off their soap boxes about every little turn of phrase.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
THAT IS SO COOL!! YOU GUYS ARE SO 'NOT GAY' FOR DOING THAT!! I'd hi-five you but I don't touch other dudes! Rock on!
i was responding to Melissa, when she said most of the time we don't even think about gay people when we say fag .. i didn't say it because the gay guys were across the street, i said it to my bro-in-law who i know isn't gay ... but whatever ...
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
First off, way to be mature.



Faggot could be defined as a derogatory word for a guy who likes other guys.

Dana White used it to describe a person spoke out against something he felt was wrong but opted to remain anonymous in fear of the repercussions of his words/action.


The fact that guys who happen like other guys have been basically forced to remain anonymous for fear of the repercussions of their lifestyle (being ganged up on and beaten to hell and then tied to a fencepost and left to die, being a repercussion of not remaining anonymous) Dana is tip toeing a dangerous line.



But the context in which Dana used the term was to emasculate this guy, thus implying, purposefully or not, that gays are not even men, which isn't cool, especially if your'e a CEO
he also called him a "pussy", who should he apologize to for that? the cat population?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
he also called him a "pussy", who should he apologize to for that? the cat population?
LOL!! I love it!!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i was responding to Melissa, when she said most of the time we don't even think about gay people when we say fag .. i didn't say it because the gay guys were across the street, i said it to my bro-in-law who i know isn't gay ... but whatever ...
I read it as though you were saying it for their benefit, which would have been douchey. if you just happened to be saying it (not that I approve of the language) and then realized they were standing there, that is rather humorous and I could see that happening on a TV show like "Always Sunny In Philadelphia"
My apologies for misunderstanding it!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
LOL!! I love it!!
LOL.


Having sex with a man is a historically and physically female trait so if you have sex with a man you should be prepared to be likened to a female. Bottom line. It was your choice to commit the act deal with the consequences.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd also like to say again I DO NOT HATE GAYS.



I don't agree with the life style and I feel you are born gay but that doesn't mean you need to perform gay acts.


Just want to say again that my main point was to stop being sissies and man up. Take the punishment like every other person has to.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I read it as though you were saying it for their benefit, which would have been douchey. if you just happened to be saying it (not that I approve of the language) and then realized they were standing there, that is rather humorous and I could see that happening on a TV show like "Always Sunny In Philadelphia"
My apologies for misunderstanding it!
no worries .... i felt bad afterward though ... It is sorta like telling a lady you know "congrats, when is the baby due?" and they tell you they aren't pregnant ... foot in the mouth sorta thing .....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.