Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 04-05-2009, 11:14 PM
MMeh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
and what about CEO's doing insider trading?
and whatever other illegal activities those rich bastards do?

Dana swears a lot, big deal. Compared to a lot of people in the business world Dana is a saint.

For instance.

-- Sam Waksal, ImClone Systems founder, sentenced to seven years in prison in 2003 in insider trading scandal involving ImClone drug Erbitux.

-- Kenneth Lay, founder of Enron Corp., convicted of fraud, conspiracy and lying to banks in May 2006. Conviction vacated later that year after his death.

-- Jeffrey Skilling, Enron's former chief executive, sentenced in October 2006 to more than 24 years in prison role in company's collapse.

-- Andrew Fastow, Enron's former CFO, pleaded guilty to conspiracy in 2004 and sentenced to six years.

-- Joseph Nacchio, former Qwest CEO, sentenced to six years after being convicted in 2007 of 19 counts of insider trading.

-- John Rigas, founder of cable television company Adelphia Communications, convicted in 2004 of charges including securities and bank fraud. Currently serving 12 years in prison. Indicted in 2008 on additional charges of tax evasion.

-- Timothy J. Rigas, Adelphia's former CFO, convicted of same charges as his father and serving 17 years. Also indicted on tax evasion charges in 2008.

-- Bernard Ebbers, former chief of WorldCom, imprisoned in September 2006 on 25-year sentence for role in $11 billion accounting fraud that toppled his telecommunications company.

-- Dennis Kozlowski, CEO of Tyco International, convicted in June 2005 and serving 8 1/3 to 25 years on charges including conspiracy, grand larceny and securities fraud.

-- Mark Swartz, Tyco's finance chief, received same sentence as former boss and has been imprisoned since 2005.

-- A. Alfred Taubman, former chairman of mall developer Taubman Centers Inc. and Sotheby's auction house, released in June 2003 after serving a year in prison for fixing art prices.

-- Ivan Boesky, stock speculator who pleaded guilty to insider trading, released in 1990 after serving two years in prison.

-- Michael Milken, junk bond king who pleaded guilty to securities violations in 1989, served 22 months in prison, paid a $200 million fine.

-- Leona Helmsley, New York hotelier convicted of tax evasion. Served 18 months in prison beginning in 1992.

-- Steve Madden, founder of shoe company bearing his name, currently serving a 41-month sentence for stock fraud and money laundering.
I agree, but I think you're missing my point again. I'm not excusing amoral behavior because someone doesn't swear in public. I'm also not saying Dana should be canned because he swears. What I'm saying is that out of control/angry guy is not the image any business wants one of it's chief executives to portray. Apples and oranges, and I don't see why criticizing one example of bad behavior raises the inference that other poor behaviors are endorsed.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Then In what context do you use it? Do you use the word Ni**er in conversation too, but just not around black folks?

While I admit I have used racial slurs and have told racial stereotypical jokes, I will also admit that I don't like it when I lower myself to that level. I think that there is a difference between a joke and a disparaging remark. Then again, I live in a free country and it isn't illegal to be racist or use homophobic terms unless they are used to incite violence.
To be completely honest I have at times face to face. I don't hide behind anything or anyone. Am I proud? NO...

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 04-06-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm not racist everyone gets picked on.


The honkey's(my people), The darkies, The brownies, the yellowish you can't not make fun of people's heritage because there are so many funny things that go with them.


I personally can't wait to see farm boy Matt try and cut a rug in the ballroom haha.

The romo's have had their fifteen minutes of fame by picking on dana time to go back to whatever it is exaclty they do.

Everyone else should move on too. Get over it. The civil war happened, the cubans invaded miami, and the gays came through the back door. We are all stuck together and unless we toughen our skin up a bit tensions will definately get worse.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I'm not racist everyone gets picked on.


The honkey's(my people), The darkies, The brownies, the yellowish you can't not make fun of people's heritage because there are so many funny things that go with them.


I personally can't wait to see farm boy Matt try and cut a rug in the ballroom haha.

The romo's have had their fifteen minutes of fame by picking on dana time to go back to whatever it is exaclty they do.

Everyone else should move on too. Get over it. The civil war happened, the cubans invaded miami, and the gays came through the back door. We are all stuck together and unless we toughen our skin up a bit tensions will definately get worse.
Finally something that makes sense!! Im not a racist just a realist!! Not afraid to speak my mind .... If I really had a few minutes to go off on one, but I have bigger fish to fry. Metallica tickets go on pre-sale this Saturday!! Oh and im trying to pick the perfect outfit for UFC 98!! Already made an appointment for my hair, nails, and makeup!!! heheh!!!

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 04-06-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Finally something that makes sense!! Im not a racist just a realist!! Not afraid to speak my mind .... If I really had a few minutes to go off on one, but I have bigger fish to fry. Metallica tickets go on pre-sale this Saturday!! Oh and im trying to pick the perfect outfit for UFC 98!! Already made an appointment for my hair, nails, and makeup!!! heheh!!!
I told you I wasn't going to make it.. You don't need to do all that for me..
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I told you I wasn't going to make it.. You don't need to do all that for me..
LOL...Im doing it to show the world MATT HUGHES has hot fans!! Plus it was part of my 30th bday gift.. You know I will take a pic 4 ya Crisco.. oh and for County Mike, Preach, Hughes-Goats, and any other of my boys that showed me some LUST

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 04-06-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So I don't need to say it but I will anyway..







Pics or it didn't happen.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
LOL...Im doing it to show the world MATT HUGHES has hot fans!! Plus it was part of my 30th bday gift.. You know I will take a pic 4 ya Crisco.. oh and for County Mike, Preach, Hughes-Goats, and any other of my boys that showed me some love!!
When did I show you love? Lust maybe, but no love for anyone except Kelli.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
When did I show you love? Lust maybe, but no love for anyone except Kelli.
Ok I will edit it just 4 u....
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
When did I show you love? Lust maybe, but no love for anyone except Kelli.
This is good point.

I love my girlfriend and I don't think you can really love 2 people at once...


I'll lust all over ya though
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.