Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-05-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
where was GLAAD when he called Fedor's management, "crazy Russians?"
Is there a Russian GLADD? Maybe you could contact them regarding this grievous oversight.

Last edited by Bonnie; 04-05-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Is there a Russian GLADD? Maybe you could contact them regarding the grievous oversight.
do i have to put [sarcasm][/sarcasm] in my posts?
Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
do i have to put [sarcasm][/sarcasm] in my posts?
Do I?

You've been gone too long; you're getting rusty.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Do I?

You've been gone too long; you're getting rusty.
well played "oldie"
Old 04-05-2009, 08:13 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
where was GLAAD when he called Fedor's management, "crazy Russians?"
Exactly...

The Russians can take it, why can't the homos?

(I keed i keed)
Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Exactly...

The Russians can take it, why can't the homos?

(I keed i keed)
or them bitches
Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
well played "oldie"
Old 04-05-2009, 07:11 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
and what about CEO's doing insider trading?
and whatever other illegal activities those rich bastards do?

Dana swears a lot, big deal. Compared to a lot of people in the business world Dana is a saint.

For instance.

-- Sam Waksal, ImClone Systems founder, sentenced to seven years in prison in 2003 in insider trading scandal involving ImClone drug Erbitux.

-- Kenneth Lay, founder of Enron Corp., convicted of fraud, conspiracy and lying to banks in May 2006. Conviction vacated later that year after his death.

-- Jeffrey Skilling, Enron's former chief executive, sentenced in October 2006 to more than 24 years in prison role in company's collapse.

-- Andrew Fastow, Enron's former CFO, pleaded guilty to conspiracy in 2004 and sentenced to six years.

-- Joseph Nacchio, former Qwest CEO, sentenced to six years after being convicted in 2007 of 19 counts of insider trading.

-- John Rigas, founder of cable television company Adelphia Communications, convicted in 2004 of charges including securities and bank fraud. Currently serving 12 years in prison. Indicted in 2008 on additional charges of tax evasion.

-- Timothy J. Rigas, Adelphia's former CFO, convicted of same charges as his father and serving 17 years. Also indicted on tax evasion charges in 2008.

-- Bernard Ebbers, former chief of WorldCom, imprisoned in September 2006 on 25-year sentence for role in $11 billion accounting fraud that toppled his telecommunications company.

-- Dennis Kozlowski, CEO of Tyco International, convicted in June 2005 and serving 8 1/3 to 25 years on charges including conspiracy, grand larceny and securities fraud.

-- Mark Swartz, Tyco's finance chief, received same sentence as former boss and has been imprisoned since 2005.

-- A. Alfred Taubman, former chairman of mall developer Taubman Centers Inc. and Sotheby's auction house, released in June 2003 after serving a year in prison for fixing art prices.

-- Ivan Boesky, stock speculator who pleaded guilty to insider trading, released in 1990 after serving two years in prison.

-- Michael Milken, junk bond king who pleaded guilty to securities violations in 1989, served 22 months in prison, paid a $200 million fine.

-- Leona Helmsley, New York hotelier convicted of tax evasion. Served 18 months in prison beginning in 1992.

-- Steve Madden, founder of shoe company bearing his name, currently serving a 41-month sentence for stock fraud and money laundering.
Did you seriously try and make this comparison?

First of all, you just copied and pasted 15 names from some list you Googled. 15 people does not even scrape the surface on all the businessmen in this country and most of them are NOT CORRUPT. Yet this list (which does not even account for 1% of the business people) is somehow supposed to make Dana a "saint"?

Regardless, this is not about corruption, to which if it was I could easily make an argument that Dana's business practices in this sport have walked a fine line between pure genius and shear corruption. You see, even if Dana is not trading insider stock tips, or evading taxes, he is still playing the MMA fans and lesser known fighters for suckers, and he is laughing all the way to the bank while doing it.

What this is about is something called PROFESSIONALISM. Dana needs to grow up already. The man is not stupid, he knows how bad that looks in the public eye when he goes on profane tirades. The fact is, he either seriously has a problem controlling himself, or he just doesn't care. My money is on the latter.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
I admit I use the word fag sometimes, but its not to insult a man on man.
Then In what context do you use it? Do you use the word Ni**er in conversation too, but just not around black folks?

While I admit I have used racial slurs and have told racial stereotypical jokes, I will also admit that I don't like it when I lower myself to that level. I think that there is a difference between a joke and a disparaging remark. Then again, I live in a free country and it isn't illegal to be racist or use homophobic terms unless they are used to incite violence.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I live in a free country and it isn't illegal to be racist or use homophobic terms unless they are used to incite violence.
they're working on that