Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Well, a huge percentage of the Bible is prophecy. If we weren't supposed to be paying attention to it, then why would GOD waste so much time giving out these visions?

Prophecy has many purposes including preventing believers from being deceived by false prophets/christs, helping believers to face a tulmultuous world without worry or fear (it helps in knowing that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better, but they are still guaranteed to get better for believers), and finally it helps add a sense of urgency to our mission work and helps us to prioritize what's important and what's not (do we send missionaries to a village in India that has never heard the Gospel, or do we instead use that money to put a new carpet in the church?).

Looking at current events in the news today, those Christians who know prophecy understand that this current "world peace at all costs" movement and the emerging global market are all major signs that the time of the Anti-Christ is very near (probably within our lifetimes).

Revelation 22:7
"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."

I'm at the gym right now, so I don't have time to read through all 101 reasons, but I'll check them out tonight and give my thoughts.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
This will probably come out of the peace treaty.
The European Union

its always on the brink of disastor...ask about Ireland and the vote on a new constitution for it

You might have gone with the United Nations...but even they have historically been ignored.

Russia and China dont use the same currency

You might have gone with The Euro...but of course the most essential part of Europe rejected it. That would be England then
Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, a huge percentage of the Bible is prophecy. If we weren't supposed to be paying attention to it, then why would GOD waste so much time giving out these visions?

Prophecy has many purposes including preventing believers from being deceived by false prophets/christs, helping believers to face a tulmultuous world without worry or fear (it helps in knowing that things are going to get a lot worse before they get better, but they are still guaranteed to get better for believers), and finally it helps add a sense of urgency to our mission work and helps us to prioritize what's important and what's not (do we send missionaries to a village in India that has never heard the Gospel, or do we instead use that money to put a new carpet in the church?).

Looking at current events in the news today, those Christians who know prophecy understand that this current "world peace at all costs" movement and the emerging global market are all major signs that the time of the Anti-Christ is very near (probably within our lifetimes).

Revelation 22:7
"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."

I'm at the gym right now, so I don't have time to read through all 101 reasons, but I'll check them out tonight and give my thoughts.
Always the nerd Nate =P On the comp while at the gym haha.

You are right sir I agree.

I should have phrased my point differently. I should have said b