Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 04-02-2009, 07:55 PM
mikthehick

The thing is diet soda is great b/c it has just enough caffine in it. I don't drink coffee at all, hate it, always have, and I probably always will.

At least diet doesn't have nutrasweet like it did in the 80s. And as previously stated, anything in moderation is fine. I'll say I used to drink 4-5 diet sodas a day in college, had to stay up to do hw, but now i've cut it down to maybe a can a day if that. In the summer, it's only as a treat occassionally while eating out.

This is a good debate though.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
The thing is diet soda is great b/c it has just enough caffine in it. I don't drink coffee at all, hate it, always have, and I probably always will.

At least diet doesn't have nutrasweet like it did in the 80s. And as previously stated, anything in moderation is fine. I'll say I used to drink 4-5 diet sodas a day in college, had to stay up to do hw, but now i've cut it down to maybe a can a day if that. In the summer, it's only as a treat occassionally while eating out.

This is a good debate though.
Nutra-Sweet was just the commercial name for aspartame. It's the same thing.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Nutra-Sweet was just the commercial name for aspartame. It's the same thing.
Well, then, I'm probably going out sooner than anyone here
Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Twinsmama

I've googled both aspertame and splenda within the last few months. My dad used to drink diet pepsi until they found out the affects of the aspertame. He now drinks something that has splenda in it and says it is safe to give to my 4year olds because there is no sugar. So I searched google and found the same unexplained type illnesses that come from the aspertame. I agree just drink the regular stuff if you have to. I'm a pepsi aholic but have recently changed over to tequila. tequila seems to give me headaches the next day and for some reason it makes me take off my clothes. must be neurological too! The only long term effects I have seen is we get invited to more parties!

I actually have a true story that happened to one of my cousins in Pensecola about 6 months ago. He seen a lady and some kids on the side of the road broken down. They had a towel like head thing. Anyway he is a mechanic so he stopped to fix their car. He had to run to the local part store and came back to fix it. The woman tried to pay him and of course he didn't take it. She got in her car and paused just long enough to say "Let me help you then, don't drink Pepsi" and then she left before he could even ask a ?. It has really freaked him and his family out so they have quit drinking it all together. I've tried to stop drinking it but it's like crack to me. I've slowed way down. Only about 1 a day now. I know that this actually happened but who knows if she was just trying to scare him or something. there are some weird people in the world!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama
I've googled both aspertame and splenda within the last few months. My dad used to drink diet pepsi until they found out the affects of the aspertame. He now drinks something that has splenda in it and says it is safe to give to my 4year olds because there is no sugar. So I searched google and found the same unexplained type illnesses that come from the aspertame. I agree just drink the regular stuff if you have to. I'm a pepsi aholic but have recently changed over to tequila. tequila seems to give me headaches the next day and for some reason it makes me take off my clothes. must be neurological too! The only long term effects I have seen is we get invited to more parties!

I actually have a true story that happened to one of my cousins in Pensecola about 6 months ago. He seen a lady and some kids on the side of the road broken down. They had a towel like head thing. Anyway he is a mechanic so he stopped to fix their car. He had to run to the local part store and came back to fix it. The woman tried to pay him and of course he didn't take it. She got in her car and paused just long enough to say "Let me help you then, don't drink Pepsi" and then she left before he could even ask a ?. It has really freaked him and his family out so they have quit drinking it all together. I've tried to stop drinking it but it's like crack to me. I've slowed way down. Only about 1 a day now. I know that this actually happened but who knows if she was just trying to scare him or something. there are some weird people in the world!
Pics or said Tequila didn't happen
Old 04-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Twinsmama

I'll get my camera out Friday night! I'll have to PM them though becasue they are not allowed!!! This has been a crazy week. I have my twin sister here from out of town so I've been a non stop party. I usually don't even drink. I'm always the designated driver. It is about time for me to let loose!

I could trust you not to pass them around or blackmail me right?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Moose

Quote:

After reading your post, I'd be inclined to agree.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 PM
County Mike

Quote:
I'll get my camera out Friday night! I'll have to PM them though becasue they are not allowed!!! This has been a crazy week. I have my twin sister here from out of town so I've been a non stop party. I usually don't even drink. I'm always the designated driver. It is about time for me to let loose!

Don't forget me on those picture PMs. ;)

I am also a huge fan of tequila. It does great things.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Crisco

Quote:

I've never blackmailed a woman in my life. Feel free to send away.

Might want to include Mike he might get upset if he isn't on the mailing list of said pics.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Don't forget me on those picture PMs. ;)

I am also a huge fan of tequila. It does great things.
LOL you posted this while I was typing hahah see I got your back buddy.