Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-26-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
You know, I could sit here and listen to the bollox that people like you speak about me and Jens, and I could let it get to me. In the past I would have, I'd have been sitting here crying because of your meaness. But do you know something...The only reason why I'm unhappy is because I let people like you upset me.

I've learned a few things across this season of my life. I've learned that true contentment comes from within yourself...so does conflict, saddness, turmoil. For years I would blame other people, like you for making me feel this way. I would say that I couldnt help my reaction to shyte said deliberatly to make me feel bad. I'm well aware thats what it is, because of how you've taken his past losses and what you've said to me afterwards, so you can lie to youself, but you dont fool me one little bit.

Anyhooo, I was completely restrained by the flow of power in such circumstances, everyone was always so much better, and so much more valuable then myself. Therefore I was always wrong, and I let that upset me and dictate my worth to myself. I'd then need trusted individuals to pick me back up and convince me that I was alright before I could go on.

But do you know what? I'm human also. I was made in the image of GOD and even if you all hate me and want to harm and hurt me, GOD promises to love me. I have intrinsic value, and I refuse to play a victim anymore. I dont need to cling on to friends anymore, so I have self worth. I dont have to put myself out for edjits who dont really value me, and who are not going to treat me properly...to continue to do so is to disrepect myself as much as they do.

I will always be honnest and open, and will always be emotional, but I think i've just had another growth spurt in my own progression as a person. The final acknowledgement that I'm alright, that nothing anyone can say or do can upset me unless I permit it, that no matter what circumstances I find myself in, I always have a choice how to respond, and there is always hope. I am a unique individual, idiosyncratic and devoid of social lables and stereotypes, I treat everyone with the dignity and respect I feel they deserve, but I dont need them to exist, I dont need them anymore to be socially stable, to be content. I have no high expectations or wants from people beyond that which I feel duly entitled to.

I wasnt like this yesterday and I let what happened get to me and upset me, I wont allow this to continue anymore...niether will I chase after anyone who wants to mess me around. I am not a bloody poodle...and I am not a bloody victim.

Not anymore.

Good for you but stick to it.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Blade

So Pulver lost, who gives a sh*t, it's only a sport. Do us all a favour Tyburn and start supporting Fedor instead
Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Good for you but stick to it.
Dont get me wrong...I will still care about things...but I'm not going to let shyte stirers and differences of opinion effect my own morale.

I've always been emotional and expressive, that wont change...but I cant go on LETTING other people play me like a fukkin piano!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
So Pulver lost, who gives a sh*t, it's only a sport. Do us all a favour Tyburn and start supporting Fedor instead
I've always supported Fedorious The Glorious...Where have you been

But he's boring because he ALWAYS wins
Old 01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Dave is Jens's number one fan, he has alot to do with Jens.
INDEED
Old 01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Dont get me wrong...I will still care about things...but I'm not going to let shyte stirers and differences of opinion effect my own morale.

I've always been emotional and expressive, that wont change...but I cant go on LETTING other people play me like a fukkin piano!
Hey Moderator, please watch the language ...
Old 01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Hey Moderator, please watch the language ...
sorry
Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Wrong, Jens was doing well, was even controlling the pace for a while, got straight back up from being taken down. I dont know what you were watching.
Jens was doing very well, I had him winning.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Jens was doing very well, I had him winning.
I agree. He was pushing forward, he bounced right back up to his feet after Urijah took him down (who else has done that?), he caught-and-threw beautifully when Urijah threw that kick. It was all going great until that liver shot. Textbook Bas.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Country Breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger

You were fine Varner... O_O
Yeah, I think he could have continued. Varner doesn't have the heart or mental toughness to be a great fighter.
Rich Franklin nearly had his eye gouged out, and he continued.