Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Breakfast
Yeah, I think he could have continued. Varner doesn't have the heart or mental toughness to be a great fighter.
Rich Franklin nearly had his eye gouged out, and he continued.
yeah, but rich knew he had to go for the KO, varner knew he had the decision and why risk getting KO'd .. does it make it right? nope, but who really knows how he feels ...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Breakfast
Yeah, I think he could have continued. Varner doesn't have the heart or mental toughness to be a great fighter.
Rich Franklin nearly had his eye gouged out, and he continued.

Yeah, he wasn't even close to a direct shot, at first when I watched it live I didn't even think it hit at all.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
yeah, but rich knew he had to go for the KO, varner knew he had the decision and why risk getting KO'd .. does it make it right? nope, but who really knows how he feels ...
You're a fighter, a champion, and in the 5th round.

You are suppose to be a man and fight, not take a very lame way out,
not very champion like on his part in my opinion.

Too many people fight not to lose.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Preach

I am glad we such great experts on here that know all about damage caused from that hit just from watching it on tv. And to think these hospitals spend all that money on x ray machines and mri's. When all they have to do is look at the person
Old 01-26-2009, 09:07 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
I am glad we such great experts on here that know all about damage caused from that hit just from watching it on tv. And to think these hospitals spend all that money on x ray machines and mri's. When all they have to do is look at the person
This is a forum, its sort of what we are here for.
To argue over this or that, and discuss things.

I not only have a decent knowledge of the human body,
but I train and fight as well, I've been in Martial Arts since my 10th birthday.

I can honestly say, to the best of my knowledge that knee probably didn't do much damage or hurt as bad as he made it out to hurt.
He wanted the win.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
This is a forum, its sort of what we are here for.
To argue over this or that, and discuss things.

I not only have a decent knowledge of the human body,
but I train and fight as well, I've been in Martial Arts since my 10th birthday.

I can honestly say, to the best of my knowledge that knee probably didn't do much damage or hurt as bad as he made it out to hurt.
He wanted the win.

I agree but I also believe that he may have been hurt. I know how freak accidents happen it is weird.. I just hate to slam this guy and say he's not much of a champion when we really don't know the extint of his injury
Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
I agree but I also believe that he may have been hurt. I know how freak accidents happen it is weird.. I just hate to slam this guy and say he's not much of a champion when we really don't know the extint of his injury

He has a broken foot and hand, no word about his head at all.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/01/...-over-cerrone/

I suppose we should wait for the official word.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

See...I turned the thing off after the Jens fight...soooo I didnt actually watch the match with Varner...I dont know that either of them have a history of being cowards or deliberate cheats though...
Old 01-27-2009, 03:25 AM
Jason 16

thank god no one is blameing currone for the knee when I watched it did look like for a split second he rocked back and his knees came off the ground but went right back right before the knee hit, I think currone could have pulled off the ko if he had the rest of the round ....... maybe well he'll get another shot soon
Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Dont get me wrong...I will still care about things...but I'm not going to let shyte stirers and differences of opinion effect my own morale.

I've always been emotional and expressive, that wont change...but I cant go on LETTING other people play me like a fukkin piano!
Thank goodness! Cause I got something else to say about your talking crap about Jens.