Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM
atomdanger

The only judge who gave it to Condit was Cecil Peoples.

Enough Said.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
The only judge who gave it to Condit was Cecil Peoples.

Enough Said.
Cecil Peoples is outstanding
Old 04-02-2009, 11:41 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
okay...i'm watching the broadcast now. I see they have added a dedication to Mask from tapout
Yeah without wanting to take anything away from Mask. They did way more for him than a former ufc champ and legend of the sport in Tanner. Made me kinda angry to be honest. Not the tribute to mask just how much more they clearly value him than some one who bled for them on many an occasion.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:37 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
Yeah without wanting to take anything away from Mask. They did way more for him than a former ufc champ and legend of the sport in Tanner. Made me kinda angry to be honest. Not the tribute to mask just how much more they clearly value him than some one who bled for them on many an occasion.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty odd too,
they did more for Mask than for Helio Gracie, or Evan Tanner.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:55 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Yeah, I thought that was pretty odd too,
they did more for Mask than for Helio Gracie, or Evan Tanner.
Well to be fair Mask has done more for the growth of modern MMA then Helio or Tanner have.

I thought they would have done more to be honest....
Old 04-03-2009, 03:07 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Well to be fair Mask has done more for the growth of modern MMA then Helio or Tanner have.

I thought they would have done more to be honest....
I don't think so, Mask wouldn't have had a modern MMA to be a part of if it weren't for Helio.

Helio developed BJJ, and his family created the UFC, he laid a foundation, and built a house.

Mask did a lot, he sponsored a lot of fighters and made it easier for a lot of guys to fight and not have to work full time jobs, but Helio is a true legend, and Evan was a former UFC champion. I thought they both deserved more.

Last edited by atomdanger; 04-03-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:18 AM
County Mike

Quote:
I don't think so, Mark wouldn't have had a modern MMA to be a part of if it weren't for Helio.

Helio developed BJJ, and his family created the UFC, he laid a foundation, and built a house.

Mark did a lot, he sponsored a lot of fighters and made it easier for a lot of guys to fight and not have to work full time jobs, but Helio is a true legend, and Evan was a former UFC champion. I thought they both deserved more.
I'm assuming "Mark" = "Mask". His real name is Charles Lewis.
Typo or wrong first name thought?
Old 04-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Chuck

Quote:
I don't think so, Mark wouldn't have had a modern MMA to be a part of if it weren't for Helio.

Mark did a lot, he sponsored a lot of fighters and made it easier for a lot of guys to fight and not have to work full time jobs, but Helio is a true legend, and Evan was a former UFC champion. I thought they both deserved more.
I think the key here is "modern"....

Helio certainly laid a great foundation for the sport to be built on but he had little or nothing to do with it's growth and incredible popularity.

Tanner? A decent fighter but he didn't do much for the sport... he just participated in it. As far growing the sport? I don't think he did much at all...

to continue your analogy.... Helio might have laid a foundation and built a house but for the most part that house sat vacant... for years... Mask helped get the house on the market, sold it, helped the new owners move in and bought them a beer.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:17 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I think the key here is "modern"....

Helio certainly laid a great foundation for the sport to be built on but he had little or nothing to do with it's growth and incredible popularity.

Tanner? A decent fighter but he didn't do much for the sport... he just participated in it. As far growing the sport? I don't think he did much at all...

to continue your analogy.... Helio might have laid a foundation and built a house but for the most part that house sat vacant... for years... Mask helped get the house on the market, sold it, helped the new owners move in and bought them a beer.
I suppose we just look at things differently.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:42 AM
Chuck

Quote:
I suppose we just look at things differently.
And I think that's totally cool Atom... thats what makes this place interesting... different viewpoints and opinions... you can learn a lot on this board just by paying attention to others posts..

I think the sport wouldn't be what it is today without Helio and his family... I just think the growth of the sport and it's popularity has more to do with Mask.

But it's all good...