Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-01-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Hell Freezes Over: TITO SIGNS WITH UFC!!

Quote:
If you felt a chill this morning as you woke up today, what you felt was hell freezing over as it is rumored the UFC has signed a last minute deal to Keep the Huntington Beach Bad Boy Tito Ortiz back in the UFC fold. In a surprise twist in the ongoing Tito Ortiz vs. Dana White saga that has rivaled the drama of the Young and the Restless, it appears both sides felt like the UFC was the best place for the former UFC posterboy.

Both UFC president Dana White and Tito Ortiz have both thrown mud at each other in the press of late but apparently neither Tito Ortiz or Dana White were in the room to sign the dotted line when the rumored deal was struck. Instead, Zuffa owner Lorenzo Fertittita represented the UFC, and none other than Ortizís significant other Jenna Jameson stood in for Tito Ortiz! Both sides felt that if Tito Ortiz and Dana White were in the same room the deal would never have been done - and they were probably right.

In addition, one of the rumored stipulations of the deal will see Jenna Jameson be the ring girl for all three of the UFC bouts that Ortiz fights on! Jameson is the proud mother of twins in recent months but she is said to be in incredible shape and because the first fight on the deal is not expected to be until UFC 103 she will have until the fall to get herself into Octagon girl shape. Apparently the UFC was against this at first but conceded a deal where she will only work the three Ortiz fights on the three-fight deal, and not the entire card.

While it is too early for an opponent to be signed, the first opponent discussed was none other than Wanderlei Silva who is scheduled to be facing Rich Franklin in Germany at UFC 99. Silva has also gone on record as saying he is interested in trying his hand at the 185 but Silva may be interested in avenging his loss to Ortiz and the rematch could be one of a handful that could be intriguing for both sides considering many of Ortizís primetime match-ups have already been played out.

While no financial details of the deal are available, it is rumored that he will be getting less than the Chuck Liddell money that he was asking for, and closer to the amount that the UFC had been offering. Obviously one of the main reasons the UFC would be interested in bringing Ortiz back would be to keep him out of the hands of Strikerforce or Affliction - both of whom have shown an interest in bringing him into the fold. More as this develops.
Time will tell if this is an April Fool's joke.

[
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Crisco

lol might have bought it until the Jenna sillyness.

Source?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:16 PM
matthughesfan21

thank god its an april fools joke, I've been enjoying his time away
Old 04-01-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
thank god its an april fools joke, I've been enjoying his time away
I don't know that it is. it sounds like it but it was on a site that I can't find now.

[
Old 04-01-2009, 05:23 PM
County Mike

It's real and I'm glad. I like watching Tito fight.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
KevinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike

I thought you were going to say you wouldn't seeing Jenna as a ring girl...lol
Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
County Mike

If she really does up her makeup and stuff she might be passable. The current cage girls are better though.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
KevinD

Quote:
If she really does up her makeup and stuff she might be passable. The current cage girls are better though.
no doubt they are better. even with makeup, it really wouldn't help her much
Old 04-01-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I like watching him lose! if he comes back 100% (evidently all his losses happened due to injury). It will be interesting to see how he does.

[
Old 04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I like watching him lose! if he comes back 100% (evidently all his losses happened due to injury). It will be interesting to see how he does.
Tito is extremely underrated bro I've said it for a long time.

I don't care for him to much as a person all the time but fun to watch.

He beat Rashad in my opinion and he could have beat Machida if he pushed the pace in their fight more.