Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the ufc is hurting right now and they are doing some pretty dumb things imo .... ali just failed his pre-fight test against mighty mouse and the ufc still let him fight (they said the test results were not known until after the fight, but we know that's bs) ... they are saying that vitor is next in line for weidman after he just failed a drug test ... and they waited until the ppv started before they announced the struve fight was cancelled (not that it made a big difference, but it shows they only care about the bottom line)
Maybe what Georges was saying about the UFC not really being interested in cleaning up these drugs in the sport was right on the money.

I think they should start fining the UFC along with the fighters when the drug test turns up positive. Hurt them in the way they understand best! And why do we always find out about the test results AFTER the fight? If you're serious about getting these drugs out of the sport, shouldn't testing be done much more frequently on fighters with upcoming fights...shouldn't the goal be to catch them BEFORE the fight so they don't get to fight?! I mean think about it, we, the fans, are the ones paying to go to the live events and for the PPVs because we want to see certain fights especially title fights so who's really getting gipped when these cheats get to fight especially when they win only to have the fight reversed, etc.... So if Dana/UFC is complicit in any way, why shouldn't they be fined too?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Maybe my eyes are starting to open up a little more, but to me the UFC just has a bunch of 'Yes men'. Whatever Dana says goes and no one questions anything. They need to get some new blood in there that thinks and sees things from a different perspective. Great minds may think alike but they are not great when they are all wrong!
A lot of great minds are corrupted by power and money.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-15-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Maybe what Georges was saying about the UFC not really being interested in cleaning up these drugs in the sport was right on the money.

I think they should start fining the UFC along with the fighters when the drug test turns up positive. Hurt them in the way they understand best! And why do we always find out about the test results AFTER the fight? If you're serious about getting these drugs out of the sport, shouldn't testing be done much more frequently on fighters with upcoming fights...shouldn't the goal be to catch them BEFORE the fight so they don't get to fight?! I mean think about it, we, the fans, are the ones paying to go to the live events and for the PPVs because we want to see certain fights especially title fights so who's really getting gipped when these cheats get to fight especially when they win only to have the fight reversed, etc.... So if Dana/UFC is complicit in any way, why shouldn't they be fined too?!

A lot of great minds are corrupted by power and money.
i agree .. the ufc are not doing enough for peds ... and you are probably right .. i didn't even think of the gsp thing ...

i believe in second chances, but when dana gives guys like vitor and barnett so many chances, it makes it hard to believe ... imagine what would have happened if ali b hurt mighty mouse and then it came out that they knew about the positive test .. the isht storm!