Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-06-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I like Lyoto too, Bonnie. But I wanted Chris to win. Weidman vs. Jones would be an intruiging matchup! I just want SOMEONE to beat JBJ, he's gotten so arrogant I'm not much of a fan anymore.

Anyway, good night of fights. I wonder if Ben was there? I miss him...
I would have been happy for Lyoto to win, but I'm happy for Chris too...one of those fights for me. Definitely a good night of fights!

I was thinking of Ben tonight also...been missing him too. I didn't think he would just up and leave without saying anything.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-06-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:38 PM

kinda predictable night of fights ... good to see weidman come out with the win ... apparently vitor is next in line if he can get straightened .. honestly im kinda fed up with mma right now .. still interested in it as a sport, but i think it has hit its peak and the events are so often, that you can't put that many good fights on ... and well, it didn't bother me this much before, but dana's business first attitude is starting to annoy me ... there is a reason the ppv numbers are dropping ...
Old 07-08-2014, 10:39 AM

Numbers are down because the draws are gone or inactive...Matt, Liddell, Couture, Anderson (he back, it's normal), GSP, Lesnar, Franklin, now Penn, Sonnen...heck even Griffin & Bonnar. Cain doesn't fight enough. Jones alienates his fans. Pettis & Aldo get injured just answering the phone, it seems.

Hopefully new stars rise in their places. Maybe Weidman will be one of them.

PED scandals are bad for the sport, and in particular the fall out from the TRT banning hurt it. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why I still watch it too, lol.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why I still watch it too, lol.
arent we all

This place is still Great
Old 07-09-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Numbers are down because the draws are gone or inactive...Matt, Liddell, Couture, Anderson (he back, it's normal), GSP, Lesnar, Franklin, now Penn, Sonnen...heck even Griffin & Bonnar. Cain doesn't fight enough. Jones alienates his fans. Pettis & Aldo get injured just answering the phone, it seems.

PED scandals are bad for the sport, and in particular the fall out from the TRT banning hurt it. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why I still watch it too, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
arent we all

This place is still Great
Agree & agree!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Yeah, it's like all the greats exited the building and took the excitement with them.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Yeah, it's like all the greats exited the building and took the excitement with them.
This!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-10-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
This!
well, apparently anderson is ready for a comeback ... we shall see ... i think dana was banking on gsp coming back, but he recently tore an acl again, so who knows ...

and matt was having a twitter argument with ben askren (i know, who is that again?) and matt was saying that the ufc are losing money, which is obvious ... so they are hurting .. i know they are putting all of their eggs into one basket with ronda, but she is never gonna sell the ppv numbers on her own .. no matter what dana thinks ... he's got good champs, but they are not fighting (cain, aldo) and barao who he was hyping as the best p4p just got his ass handed to him ... .
Old 07-11-2014, 03:14 AM

Do y'all think it's wise for Anderson to come back? Someone had posted a video a while back of him slamming the ball with his repaired leg, but still, after such a bad break...

What exactly were Matt and this Ben Askren twittering about? Even though it's after the fact, I have the urge to say, "WAR MATT!", once again!

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-11-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
This!
I admit, I haven't been buying the ppvs like I used to.