Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-25-2014, 03:24 AM

Robbie Lawler vs. Jake Ellenberger

Round 1:
The referee in charge of the action is Herb Dean. Lawler is southpaw while Ellenberger is orthodox. Head kick from Lawler, but it's blocked, twice. And now a good middle kick from Lawler. Ellenberger has yet to throw much of anything. Uppercut, left straight combo for Lawler. Right hand thrown, but misses for Ellenberger. Ellenberger is throwing, but from way outside and hitting nothing. Good body shot, but Lawler whips around a right hook. Good body shot from Ellenberger and a left hook. Lawler throws a blocked head kick to close the round.

Round 2:
Good straight left from Lawler and he's pursuing. Hard. Ellenberger attempts a shot, but can't get it and eats a knee. Ellenberger gets in on Lawler and now behind him, but they're both standing. Lawler breaks, but eats a body shot. Ellenberger eats a hard left. And another. Lawler gets taken down, but reverses and is now pounding on a turtled Ellenberger. Ellenberger tries to stand and face Lawler and does, but not without eating hard shots. Another takedown from Ellenberger.

Round 3:
Two right hands for Ellenberger hurt Lawler, visibly. Lawler connects with a knee in the clinch and now they separate. Good jab from Lawler. Another good jab from Lawler. Good body kick from Ellenberger, but Lawler still stalking. Another jab for Lawler and then two left straights. Hard jab again. Monster knee from Lawler drops Ellenberger to the canvas and a few follow-up punches forces the referee stoppage.

Robbie Lawler def. Jake Ellenberger via TKO at 3:06 of round 3

Woohoo!!!

I think he will get KOTN bonus too!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 05-25-2014, 03:26 AM

Who else thinks Robbie looks like Col. Kurtz of Apocalypse Now with his shaved head?

I'll have to do a Separated at Birth photoshop...

Old 05-25-2014, 03:27 AM

ruthless!
Old 05-25-2014, 03:58 AM

Daniel Cormier vs. Dan Henderson

Round 1:
Yves Lavigne is the referee in charge. Both fighters are orthodox. Cormier hits an outside trip with authority after the two clinch. Ben Askren on Twitter calls it a step-around throw. Cormier works from side control and now moving towards the crucifix. Henderson is moving underneath and manages to get half guard then butterfly guard before Cormier throws him aside. Henderson eventually manages to stand after being rag dolled side to side. Henderson attempts a trip, but Cormier stuffs it, gets underhooks and the round ends there.

Round 2:
Henderson starts the round swinging, but Cormier scores a single leg and puts Henderson the mat. Cormier attempts knee on belly, but Henderson turtles. Henderson tries to stand, but again is put on his back with Cormier in side control. Not much t say. Hendo trying to get every which way, but is being utterly controlled and pounded on. Henderson doing nothing but hanging on.

Round 3:
Cormier goes right back to stalking and even throws a few high kicks. Cormier then gets up under Henderson and lifts him literally overhead in an indescribable demonstration of strength, slamming Henderson to the mat. Henderson tries to stand and is tripped. From there it's just a mugging. Eventually Henderson sits up and Cormier takes his back, sinking the rear naked choke. Henderson rolls belly down and from there goes out. Cormier wins with ease.

Daniel Cormier def. Dan Henderson via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:53 of round 3.

Damn. Boring fight. Cormier just laid on him for 3 rounds. Dan should've retired after his last terrific win against Shogun.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
ruthless!
Hey huan, good to see you.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:52 AM

Renan Barao vs. T.J. Dillashaw

Round 1:
Herb Dean is the referee. Both fighters are orthodox. Dillashaw is trying to potshot and move, but Barao is doing all the stalking. Outside leg kick from Dillashaw. And another. Missed Superman punch from Dillashaw. Dillashaw is landing with a nice uppercut and outside punches. Good right straight from Barao in response. Dillashaw trying to blitz just a bit and having some ok success with it. Then, out of nowhere, a monster right cracks Barao and drops him to canvas. HARD. Barao fights off a few submission attempts, but manages to hang on. Barao is able to stand and even attempts a loose takedown attempt before the round closes.

Round 2:
Good left hook from Barao to start the frame plus a knee. Dillashaw is loose and moving, attacking, but has a mouse swelling on the right side of his face. Left hook connects for Barao after he's grazed by a Dillashaw right hook bomb. Head kick from Dillashaw is blocked, twice. Barao whiffs on a spinning back kick. Dillashaw shoots and almost scores a takedown, can't get it and they separate. Barao scores an inside leg kick and it hits Dillashaw's groin, so they bout is temporarily halted. The bout resumes. Both fighters trade heavy straight punches. Hard right hand cracks Barao as he back up. And another. Inside leg kick nails Dillashaw. Uppercut and left hook combo scores for Barao, but Dillashaw scores to the body.

Round 3:
Left hook scores for Barao to open the third. Outside leg kick for Dillashaw and a partially landed head kick, but without much authority. Good outside leg kick from Dillashaw plus a left hook. And another one and this one rocks the Brazilian. Decent body kick from Barao, but Dillashaw returns the favor. A jab now from the American. Left straight connects for the American now. Barao says he's eye poked, but the referee doesn't intervene so Dillashaw cracks Barao with a one-two. He level changes for a takedown, but Barao stuffs it.

Round 4:
Dillashaw reaches for a single and Barao stuffs it. Good left from Dillashaw, plus a kick to the body. Dillashaw chases with punches and largely misses but connects with a left straight. Barao whiffs on a spinning back kick and the two exchange hard shots, both landing. Barao throws a strike and slips, but ends up on his back and now Dillashaw is on top. Barao rolls for a leg lock, but Dillashaw escapes and is back on top in half guard.

Round 5:
Barao takes center cage, but Dillashaw is bouncing and moving on the outside. Good left to the body from Barao. Barao whiffs again on the spinning back kick. Nice jab from Dillashaw plus a partially landed head kick. Barao leaps in with a body kick and eats a jab as a consequence. Another head kick scores for Dillashaw and Barao is rocked. Barao tries to fire back and Dillashaw cracks him with a left hand that sends Barao crashing to the mat. A few follow-up shots and that's all she wrote. Dean stops the contest.

T.J. Dillashaw def. Renan Barao via TKO (strikes) at 2:26 of round 5

Old 05-25-2014, 04:56 AM

Well, that's it, folks! Another good night of fights. Not so great for Hendo but I'm super happy for Robbie and TJ.

For anyone who is so inclined, please remember in your prayers our Marine sergeant, Andrew Tahmooressi, wrongly imprisoned for almost 2 months in a Mexican jail.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:44 AM
Student of the Sport

Robbie looked great....hope he gets the rematch and Hendricks better be ready!

Cormier played it safe for most of the fight. Hendo is just too small for LHW, he weighed in under 200 lbs yesterday and I would guess Cormier was easily 30 lbs more. Cormier deserves the shot at the title and really believe he will win it.

I never thought TJ would win. I figured Cruz would be the one to defeat Barao. TJ fought a Cruz style fight, but he has the power that Cruz doesn't.

So 'Bang' is out at Team Alpha Male, wonder what TJ will do? Also, what do you think Faber is going to do, especially if Mendes beats Aldo?
Old 05-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Why is Duane Ludwig leaving Alpha Male

I think that TJ Dillashaw is the person to out impress when it comes to possibilities for Fighter of The Year 2014

You know I do like Renan Barao, and I desperately wanted him to win the championship proper when they ousted Cruz because he had held it as interim for so long he deserved it in his own right...but beyond that which he did, I didnt really have any preference beyond thinking that Renan would probably win because TJ Dillashaw bearly sparks up on anyone's register. That has to be considered a meteoric rise...but I don't know how long I think he will be able to hold it for.

Robbie Lawler had a good showing, and he really needed that as well, its vital for him to remain at contender ship level...and at least this fight keeps him on the map for a possible championship rematch
Old 05-26-2014, 03:25 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Why is Duane Ludwig leaving Alpha Male
Duane is from Colorado and I heard he really wanted to go back and work on his gyms. He is still going to work with Dillashaw and I would be willing to bet on Mendes also.

Quote:
I think that TJ Dillashaw is the person to out impress when it comes to possibilities for Fighter of The Year 2014
I think he will have to defend once to win FOTY, still early in the year and there are some huge matchups to come.

Quote:
You know I do like Renan Barao, and I desperately wanted him to win the championship proper when they ousted Cruz because he had held it as interim for so long he deserved it in his own right...but beyond that which he did, I didnt really have any preference beyond thinking that Renan would probably win because TJ Dillashaw bearly sparks up on anyone's register. That has to be considered a meteoric rise...but I don't know how long I think he will be able to hold it for.
I figured TJ had no chance as I, and many, underestimated his striking. I figured he would have to rely on his wrestling and if someone like Faber couldn't take him down, how was TJ going to.

Quote:
Robbie Lawler had a good showing, and he really needed that as well, its vital for him to remain at contender ship level...and at least this fight keeps him on the map for a possible championship rematch.
Robbie looked good and this should have solidified his rematch. If not, he can smash Matt Brown and end his hype.