Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-21-2014, 04:53 PM

Default Malaysia Flight 370

Where is it? Did it crash? Was it highjacked? What do y'all think?

And what royal missteps by Malaysia since this all began; a lot of time lost in the immediate search for this plane due to their lack of and/or unwillingness to communicate information with other countries that have the capabilities in situations like this.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:42 PM

i don't think we will ever find out what happened .. i think its possible that the pilots were in on it with the two iranians who had stolen passports .. i wouldn't be surprised if it landed in iran .. they have been quiet ..
Old 03-22-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i don't think we will ever find out what happened .. i think its possible that the pilots were in on it with the two iranians who had stolen passports .. i wouldn't be surprised if it landed in iran .. they have been quiet ..
I think we will find out eventually, I just hope it's sooner rather than later especially for the sake of all the families waiting desperately for news of their loved ones.

It sounds like it would have been possible for them to reach Pakistan or Iran. The plane could have flown out of reach of radar until it hit the shore of Pakistan. Considering we found Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan, I wouldn't put anything past that government.

What a mystery...for now....
Old 03-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Landed in Iran?

It would bearly have made it to india...what people forget is, this plane CANT be "anywhere" actually, it can only be within the radius of the fuel it had...and without refueling, it wouldnt have made it to Iran, Or Africa.

Its very simple, the plane is somewhere in the waters surounding the south east asian peninsular and Islands. OR I suppose it could have crashed/landed in north west australia...we know it probably didnt do this because Australia has a missile defence system...they would have seen some plane like this arriving.

It probably didnt land on any of the Islands because this was a big plane and needed a very reasonable sized runway, even to crash land. Nope...She's at the bottom of the ocean...the question is why.

It could have been an accident...but of course that means she would have crashed along her flight plan, and we know she strayed. Communications went down, which does imply a hijacking...but noone hijacks a plane to make it vanish...they have plans to take it somewhere and do something with it...except she had not enough fuel to make it anywhere important, nor has any group claimed credit...and there is little point in hijacking a plane if noone knows you've done it.

Last I heard they said she had probably gone south...thats bad...because the ocean at that point of the earth is not good...there is the meeting of two of the largest and strongest oceanic currents in the world, the same one that makes the galapagos islands so fertile...and if she did actually crash into the sea...well...the abyssal plane is off the chart in depths...there is a trench system around that part of the world...if she ended up sinking into that she will never be seen again, the trench is too deep...I dont think we can even get to the bottom of some of them in that part of the world.

She's gone, and we may never know why...its far, FAR to late for any survivors to be found alive, even if they did escape the initial impact...that was like nearly three weeks ago...they wont survive in the ocean for that long...and with those currents...they could be washed into the Pacific, or they might be pushed into antarctic ice...

They are all dead
Old 03-24-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Landed in Iran?

It would bearly have made it to india...what people forget is, this plane CANT be "anywhere" actually, it can only be within the radius of the fuel it had...and without refueling, it wouldnt have made it to Iran, Or Africa.

Its very simple, the plane is somewhere in the waters surounding the south east asian peninsular and Islands. OR I suppose it could have crashed/landed in north west australia...we know it probably didnt do this because Australia has a missile defence system...they would have seen some plane like this arriving.

It probably didnt land on any of the Islands because this was a big plane and needed a very reasonable sized runway, even to crash land. Nope...She's at the bottom of the ocean...the question is why.

It could have been an accident...but of course that means she would have crashed along her flight plan, and we know she strayed. Communications went down, which does imply a hijacking...but noone hijacks a plane to make it vanish...they have plans to take it somewhere and do something with it...except she had not enough fuel to make it anywhere important, nor has any group claimed credit...and there is little point in hijacking a plane if noone knows you've done it.

Last I heard they said she had probably gone south...thats bad...because the ocean at that point of the earth is not good...there is the meeting of two of the largest and strongest oceanic currents in the world, the same one that makes the galapagos islands so fertile...and if she did actually crash into the sea...well...the abyssal plane is off the chart in depths...there is a trench system around that part of the world...if she ended up sinking into that she will never be seen again, the trench is too deep...I dont think we can even get to the bottom of some of them in that part of the world.

She's gone, and we may never know why...its far, FAR to late for any survivors to be found alive, even if they did escape the initial impact...that was like nearly three weeks ago...they wont survive in the ocean for that long...and with those currents...they could be washed into the Pacific, or they might be pushed into antarctic ice...

They are all dead
This morning, the Malaysian PM came on and announced that "British" satellite shows the plane did take the southern route towards the Indian Ocean; also, apparently search vessels have seen some floating objects in the water there they believe are possibly from the plane. It is a vast area with underwater volcanoes and difficult terrain from what they say. The U.S. is supposed to be sending over a piece of equipment used to locate black boxes under the water. Let's pray it gets a hit and they are able to find the plane and at least retrieve the black boxes so they can uncover the mystery of what happened.

If it is there, I pray they were already dead before it flew those seven hours before crashing.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
This morning, the Malaysian PM came on and announced that "British" satellite shows the plane did take the southern route towards the Indian Ocean; also, apparently search vessels have seen some floating objects in the water there they believe are possibly from the plane. It is a vast area with underwater volcanoes and difficult terrain from what they say. The U.S. is supposed to be sending over a piece of equipment used to locate black boxes under the water. Let's pray it gets a hit and they are able to find the plane and at least retrieve the black boxes so they can uncover the mystery of what happened.

If it is there, I pray they were already dead before it flew those seven hours before crashing.
Yes, what they need is the blackbox...the most likely explaination is a flight 93 scenario if you ask me...the plane was hijacked, but those on board prevented it from reaching its target...the obvious flaw in this is where the hell was the hijackers target...there is nothing within travelling distance of any importance, much less for a single plane, not working in tangent with others.

The other possibility for me is that the same thing that knocked out the communications caused, physically, the plane to change its direction. Now I dont know the sort of freak weather condition that would cause a plane to go off course and cut its communications...I mean...it never even sent out a mayday call...those sort of things dont happen outside of the bermuda triangle...but as you say...it is a volcanic stretch of the abyssal plain...

Better, I think to have died in the impact, then to have either drowned, or worse, died at sea, waiting for a resuce that never came...our thoughts and prayers should now be with the families...I mean, for them its doubly hard...even if we find out what has happened...the likelyhood of recovering bodies...its minimal now...and I cant think of anything worse then not having a body to burry if that makes sense
Old 03-25-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Yes, what they need is the blackbox...the most likely explaination is a flight 93 scenario if you ask me...the plane was hijacked, but those on board prevented it from reaching its target...the obvious flaw in this is where the hell was the hijackers target...there is nothing within travelling distance of any importance, much less for a single plane, not working in tangent with others.

The other possibility for me is that the same thing that knocked out the communications caused, physically, the plane to change its direction. Now I dont know the sort of freak weather condition that would cause a plane to go off course and cut its communications...I mean...it never even sent out a mayday call...those sort of things dont happen outside of the bermuda triangle...but as you say...it is a volcanic stretch of the abyssal plain...

Better, I think to have died in the impact, then to have either drowned, or worse, died at sea, waiting for a resuce that never came...our thoughts and prayers should now be with the families...I mean, for them its doubly hard...even if we find out what has happened...the likelyhood of recovering bodies...its minimal now...and I cant think of anything worse then not having a body to burry if that makes sense
So many ?s: ACARS being turned off; the plane changing directions BEFORE the co-pilot says, "Goodnight"; then the transponders being turned off. Also, different route or way/weigh #s are programmed into the plane after they took off. What made the plane go up to 45,000 ft and back down, and how did it get turned around heading south. I really hope they retrieve those boxes and they can tell us what was happening.

Well, I hope they died before they even knew something was wrong, before that 7-8 hour trip south to the Indian Ocean, that they were spared the knowledge that they were going to their death.

To be honest, at this point, I don't know if I believe the Malaysian gov't., their handling of this from the get-go has been a major **. And they've put those anguished families thru even more hell. They're coming off very shady, incompetent and cruel!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:13 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

(Sorry, I'm a bad person)
Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

The malaysians are now saying they think the flotsam found in the Indian Ocean is part of the plane, and have told the families to expect the worse.

The best theory I've heard so far has also come out...apparently, in the case of an accident or some technical problems, the plane can go into an auto circle...that is to say it puts itself into a continued holding pattern.

There is a suggestion that something went wrong onboard, maybe damage due to weather, maybe a technical difficulty, that during that time the planes change in elivation could be explained by the crew taking steps to avoid danger, but failing to do so whatever they were avoiding knocks out communications, and something...maybe a lack of control, puts the plane into a holding pattern.

in this scenario, the crew and passengers are killed by whatever they have encountered, maybe a gas leak, or maybe damage done due to external forces...the plane then spends the next seven hours as a flying ghost ship going round and round in circles until it inevitably runs out of fuel and dives into the ocean.

In such a scenario, those people were dead long before the plane crashed, and more then two and a half weeks ago. There would have been no chance of survival...and the plane should be somewhere very close to where it vanished from radar, since it was in a holding pattern.

My theory is that the Malaysians were not paying due attention to this flight, and that they may not even have known at the time when it dissapeared. I think there is no major power in that part of the world that has really stepped in to help a pretty useless Government...and I'm pretty sure they wont tell us anything until they know absolutely everything

the issue now is simple...that black box only has sonar batteries for a limitted time...if they dont find it soon, the wreck is going to be harder to find...we may already be past that point now...and I personally believe thats about lack of communication within the country and an incapable government.

Remember....this is not a small plane...this is a major plane...they dont just vanish, unless the people supposedly handling them are not watching them and then looose sight of them...

I now think that this is whats happened...and I perfer to think that whatever the initial problem then encountered was mechanical or enginnering fault rather then external forces...I think something blew, and it was like carbon monoxide poisening...and the rest just happened automatically.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Landed in Iran?

They are all dead
meh .. if you look where they are searching for the plane and iran, it still not out of the realm of impossibility ... i don't think we will ever find it .. the malaysian govt are just trying to give the families closure .. i wouldn't put it past them getting some pieces from another plane and saying they found it in the indian ocean .. too many iffy things about if make me think this was just some flight that went off course and crashed ...