Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-25-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
So many ?s: ACARS being turned off; the plane changing directions BEFORE the co-pilot says, "Goodnight"; then the transponders being turned off. Also, different route or way/weigh #s are programmed into the plane after they took off. What made the plane go up to 45,000 ft and back down, and how did it get turned around heading south. I really hope they retrieve those boxes and they can tell us what was happening.

Well, I hope they died before they even knew something was wrong, before that 7-8 hour trip south to the Indian Ocean, that they were spared the knowledge that they were going to their death.

To be honest, at this point, I don't know if I believe the Malaysian gov't., their handling of this from the get-go has been a major **. And they've put those anguished families thru even more hell. They're coming off very shady, incompetent and cruel!
I think it was a Flight 93 Scenario. My guess is that the pilot had bad intentions and either the crew or passengers (both?) intervened and brought the plane down.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:57 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The malaysians are now saying they think the flotsam found in the Indian Ocean is part of the plane, and have told the families to expect the worse.

The best theory I've heard so far has also come out...apparently, in the case of an accident or some technical problems, the plane can go into an auto circle...that is to say it puts itself into a continued holding pattern.

There is a suggestion that something went wrong onboard, maybe damage due to weather, maybe a technical difficulty, that during that time the planes change in elivation could be explained by the crew taking steps to avoid danger, but failing to do so whatever they were avoiding knocks out communications, and something...maybe a lack of control, puts the plane into a holding pattern.

in this scenario, the crew and passengers are killed by whatever they have encountered, maybe a gas leak, or maybe damage done due to external forces...the plane then spends the next seven hours as a flying ghost ship going round and round in circles until it inevitably runs out of fuel and dives into the ocean.

In such a scenario, those people were dead long before the plane crashed, and more then two and a half weeks ago. There would have been no chance of survival...and the plane should be somewhere very close to where it vanished from radar, since it was in a holding pattern.

My theory is that the Malaysians were not paying due attention to this flight, and that they may not even have known at the time when it dissapeared. I think there is no major power in that part of the world that has really stepped in to help a pretty useless Government...and I'm pretty sure they wont tell us anything until they know absolutely everything

the issue now is simple...that black box only has sonar batteries for a limitted time...if they dont find it soon, the wreck is going to be harder to find...we may already be past that point now...and I personally believe thats about lack of communication within the country and an incapable government.

Remember....this is not a small plane...this is a major plane...they dont just vanish, unless the people supposedly handling them are not watching them and then looose sight of them...

I now think that this is whats happened...and I perfer to think that whatever the initial problem then encountered was mechanical or enginnering fault rather then external forces...I think something blew, and it was like carbon monoxide poisening...and the rest just happened automatically.
Yeah, and the co-pilot says 'Good night' as his last words instead of trying to tell someone what it going on.

Really, Dave? This ^ is your best theory?
Old 03-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Yeah, and the co-pilot says 'Good night' as his last words instead of trying to tell someone what it going on.

Really, Dave? This ^ is your best theory?
I am suggesting they did not know anything was wrong. If you end up with a case of carbon monoxide poisening...you never know...you simply fall asleep and never wake up.

I expect that it was an internal mechanical failure of somekind...that they all died long before the plane crashed into the sea...possibly, they were dead before the planes communications went down, before it went into a holding pattern, before the autosystems kicked in.

I prefer to think of that scenario...because it is the most pleasent of the options which fits more then most of the facts...they all fell asleep and simply never woke up...the autopilot took over changing the flight plan, the plane then flew until it ran out of fuel and then crashed.

I didnt make up this theory, its just one of many circulating on the news, and in public
Old 03-27-2014, 02:22 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I think they said that the communications were manually turned off. And just before it, the co-pilot said 'Good night'. That doesn't fit in with your theory. imo
Old 03-27-2014, 02:39 AM

apparently the whole thing was just a dream and
they are now filing out of the shower one by one.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:27 AM

A very good article here discussing it.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-27-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I am suggesting they did not know anything was wrong. If you end up with a case of carbon monoxide poisening...you never know...you simply fall asleep and never wake up.

I expect that it was an internal mechanical failure of somekind...that they all died long before the plane crashed into the sea...possibly, they were dead before the planes communications went down, before it went into a holding pattern, before the autosystems kicked in.

I prefer to think of that scenario...because it is the most pleasent of the options which fits more then most of the facts...they all fell asleep and simply never woke up...the autopilot took over changing the flight plan, the plane then flew until it ran out of fuel and then crashed.

I didnt make up this theory, its just one of many circulating on the news, and in public
imo, that is what they are going to end up saying happened, but they have already released enough information for it to lead me to think that didn't happen .. what are the chances that after he says good nite, with no issues, and the tracking goes off a few minutes later ... then the plane diverts .. also, they stated that they had information earlier that the diversion of the plane was pre-programmed .. i am sure they will come back and say that this was also a "mistake"
Old 03-27-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I think it was a Flight 93 Scenario. My guess is that the pilot had bad intentions and either the crew or passengers (both?) intervened and brought the plane down.
I've heard this mentioned as one scenario, but then it doesn't fit with the plane flying 8 more hours after communications go dark and it crashing in the south Indian Ocean, IF that's where it really is. I've also heard the scenario Dave is talking about, and if it is in the Indian Ocean, the scenario of a "ghost" plane seems to fit more--like what happened with Payne Stewart's plane in 1999, remember that?

Quote:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=94839

Stewart’s plane crashed on Oct. 25, 1999, near Aberdeen, S.D. It began veering off course shortly after takeoff from Orlando, Fla., en route to Dallas. Air traffic control lost radio contact with pilots 25 minutes after takeoff, when the plane was climbing through 37,000 feet and located northwest of Gainesville, Fla. The business jet continued to head northwest for more than four hours until apparently running out of fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
imo, that is what they are going to end up saying happened, but they have already released enough information for it to lead me to think that didn't happen .. what are the chances that after he says good nite, with no issues, and the tracking goes off a few minutes later ... then the plane diverts .. also, they stated that they had information earlier that the diversion of the plane was pre-programmed .. i am sure they will come back and say that this was also a "mistake"
If the plane is never found it will be much easier for the Malaysian gov't to say "this is what happened". Why come out and tell the families it crashed in the Indian Ocean before there is positive proof, some identifiable piece of/from the plane? They mucked this up from the very beginning and continue to bumble.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
A very good article here discussing it.
I'm confused about the transponders. In the article it says the pilots cannot turn them off, but I thought I heard that pilots will turn them off before they land just in case the landing sets them off, I guess just in case they landed hard enough to set them off.

Quote:
The Emergency Landing Transponders. Depending on the model, the 777 has either 4 or 6 of these transponders located throughout the fuselage. They automatically turn on when they detect rapid deceleration of the aircraft due to a crash landing. The pilots can manually turn this system on to broadcast its signal prior to a crash or ditching at sea or leave it on automatic, but they cannot turn it off.

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-28-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 AM

The latest is they've gotten credible info and are moving north of the current area they've been searching, closer to Perth. The now believe the plane was going faster than originally thought which means it would have run out of fuel sooner so they've adjusted for that now.

If they find anything of the plane, it will be given over to Malaysia since that's where the plane left from originally. This is disturbing considering how they've handled this whole thing so far.