Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-17-2014, 04:30 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Diego Sanchez blames beef tartare for loss to Myles Jury at UFC 171

From MMAFighting.com (By Guilherme Cruz on Mar 16 2014, 5:22p):
Quote:
Can one beef cost a MMA fight? Diego Sanchez thinks so.

Looking for his first win in a 155-pound fight since 2009, Sanchez failed to get his hand raised at UFC 171 on March 15. The former UFC lightweight title contender dropped a unanimous decision against Myles Jury in Dallas, Texas, and he blames the food he ate the night before.

"I wasn't myself last night," Sanchez wrote on Twitter. "I sustained food poisoning from eating a beef tartar with raw quail egg as an appetizer at dinner. This was my own mistake. I ordered it thinking I need red meat but raw was the wrong choice. I threw up first at 2 am and all day fight day."

"This was not part of the Dolce Diet, I screwed myself," he continued. "I thought because I had done everything do perfect I could sway a little and it cost me."

According to the TUF winner, he "didn't have the strength" to do what he wanted during the bout.

"I was weak and my performance showed it," he said, "if you notice I don't go for one takedown, because I just didn't have the strength.

"Jury and his team fought a good fight against me and they did win, but I wanted my fans to know the truth why I was not all there. Take what you want from it, it is the truth. I made a horrible choice and it's no one’s fault but mine."

"People can talk all the s--- they want. I didn't b---- out. I chased him around and fought hard even at my worst. It just wasn't my night. I'm heartbroken and very, very motivated. It hurts so bad. I'll be back better than ever."

Jury moves to 14-0 in MMA and 5-0 under the UFC banner with the win, while Sanchez drops to 24-7. Since cutting down from welterweight, Sanchez defeated Takanori Gomi at a 158-pound catchweight and suffered decision losses to Gilbert Melendez and Jury.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:22 AM

Even if it's the truth, I don't think he should have said anything about it especially since he lost. Stuff like this (even when true) makes people immediately think "excuse" and then you get a lot of ugly backlash.

One of the things I love about Robbie, he's all class, win or lose. Other fighters could learn from him.

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-20-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:46 PM

diego is done .. feel bad for the guy, because he was punch drunk even when he was on tuf .. in a few years this guy isn't going to be able to string together proper sentences ... he needs to retire now to possibly slow down the effects of all them shots he's taken
Old 03-21-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Even if it's the truth, I don't think he should have said anything about it especially since he lost. Stuff like this (even when true) makes people immediately think "excuse" and then you get a lot of ugly backlash.

One of the things I love about Robbie, he's all class, win or lose. Other fighters could learn from him.
This.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-24-2014, 01:56 AM

Woohoo!!!

Dan Henderson is DA MAN!!!!

Dan is 43; that was an awesome win, he's a legendary fighter - this is the time to retire, while he's on top of the world with a huge win against a very worthy opponent.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Woohoo!!!

Dan is 43; that was an awesome win, he's a legendary fighter - this is the time to retire, while he's on top of the world with a huge win against a very worthy opponent.
HEY HOW ABOUT A FRICKING SPOILER ALERT NEXT TIME?????

Never thought I'd have my fight ruined by reading a thread on Diego...

:mutte ring:
Old 03-24-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Woohoo!!!

I didn't realize there were fights tonight...dang! BUT, I'm happy for Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

I'm sure it was an honest mix-up, Chuck, not intentional! Flo is the main one who always takes time to post the fight results for us, she enjoys doing it...at least she did. I'm sure she'll feel awful when she reads your post and she doesn't deserve that!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Are you serious? You had your fight ruined?

Old 03-24-2014, 02:54 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Don't worry about it, Flo. He only posts if he has something to bitch 'n moan about.

The rest of us appreciate you.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm sure it was an honest mix-up, Chuck, not intentional! Flo is the main one who always takes time to post the fight results for us, she enjoys doing it...at least she did. I'm sure she'll feel awful when she reads your post and she doesn't deserve that!
Oh clearly she is all tore up about it.

And I'm not quite sure what "that" is that she didn't deserve? The dreaded ALL CAPS? or was it the..... don't say it..... angry emoticons???

Quote:
Are you serious? You had your fight ruined?
Uh..... yeah. Remember watching the fight? The sunken feeling watching Dan get rocked and dropped in rounds one and two? Figuring he's done for then the HUGE rush you got watching him KO Shogun and walk away with a win? I got none of that. It's hard to get to worked up for a fight when you know the results a head of time. I guess I wasn't expecting to see the result posted less than 10 min after the fight in a thread that had nothing to do with the fights and no spoiler alert. We all expect certain etiquette when it comes to fight results you know that. It's not like I'm expecting something insane here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Don't worry about it, Flo. He only posts if he has something to bitch 'n moan about.

The rest of us appreciate you.
It's so cute when you women unite. Bless your little hearts.

Pointing out an obvious breach of forum etiquette has nothing to do with appreciating anybody. I'm sure if I did that to RNC none of you would care.

Did you even know there were fights on? Did you need Google to remember who Hendo was?