Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-17-2014, 04:19 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Nick Diaz calls out 'amateur' Johny Hendricks, says the new champ got his a** whooped

From MMAFighting.com (By David St. Martin on Mar 17 2014, 8:00a):
Quote:
Even with now UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks booked to face Robbie Lawler Saturday night at UFC 171, his loudest opponent by far was none other than Stockton's favorite son, Nick Diaz.

When asked by Sportsnet's Showdown Joe what exactly he was doing in Dallas, Diaz seems to think the UFC is just setting the stage for his eventual title clash with Hendricks.

"Maybe [UFC] want me to Johny Hendricks. Take an a** whooping. Right to your face, bro. Worse than tonight, because you got your a** whooped all four rounds. I seen it. I seen your little amateur style. I'm ready to fight. I'm ready to fight the right fight.

"Trying to get a fight this year. Talked to Dana [White], hardly, but he knows my mindset. He knows where I'm at. Behind the scenes here [in Dallas] everyone knows what's going on. That's what's up. Me in a title fight. I need a real fight. Let the fans have what they want to see. That's why I'm here.

Claiming he isn't the least bit interested in the bevy of other welterweight contenders, Diaz is pretty clear about his focus on Hendricks.

"Everybody's going to make more money. Fans get to see what they want to see. You want to see people get tapped out or knocked out? You want to see a real fight? You want to see drama queens act drama? Want to see real motherf***ers act real?

"[Hendricks] should never have opened his mouth around me. We don't have no beef, though. I like Johny. I think he's a nice guy, but he tried to get loud with me, I get loud with him back. It's all business. It's a good fight."

Diaz hasn't actually scored a win since his 2011 drubbing of B.J. Penn at UFC 137, but that didn't stop him from being awarded a title shot against former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre last March at UFC 158. Diaz is also said to have turned down a rematch with Carlos Condit, the man who beat him out for the division's interim title at UFC 143. 0-2 since 2011, it would seem fairly unlikely Diaz would be given another shot at the title without putting together a few solid performances.

http://youtu.be/q9N_psO_xIg