Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
yeah .. i guess we would have to see if BJ could take chuck down ... randy wasn't able to in 2 & 3, and tito wasn't able to ... that is why i would take chuck .. also, i think the forrest fight would go to the ground and nog would have a field day with forrest .. but hey, this is a P4P bracket, so your picks are still yours ..LOL .. good picks though ..
Also don't forget that Chuck & BJ always got a spare tire in their fights, so this is a match of the fatties!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Max

so here are my picks.
I pick:
ROUND 1

Hendo over GSP
Randy over Okami
Rampage over Sherk
Florian over Rich

BJ over Chuck
Matt over Dirty
Fitch over Bisping
Machida over Davis

Rashad over Kos
Mir over Leites
Maynard over Swick
Alves over Clay

Silva over Hamill
Nog over Forrest
Carwin over Maya
Brock over Nate

ROUND 2

Hendo over Randy
Rampage over Ken-Flo

BJ over Matt
Machida over Fitch

Rashad over Mir
Alves over Maynard

Silva over Nog
Brock over Carwin

ROUND 3

Rampage over Hendo

BJ over Machida

Rashad over Alves

Silva over Brock

FINAL FOUR

BJ over Rampage

Silva over Rashad

FINALS

Silva over BJ
Old 04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
so here are my picks.
I pick:
ROUND 1

Hendo over GSP
Randy over Okami
Rampage over Sherk
Florian over Rich

BJ over Chuck
Matt over Dirty
Fitch over Bisping
Machida over Davis

Rashad over Kos
Mir over Leites
Maynard over Swick
Alves over Clay

Silva over Hamill
Nog over Forrest
Carwin over Maya
Brock over Nate

ROUND 2

Hendo over Randy
Rampage over Ken-Flo

BJ over Matt
Machida over Fitch

Rashad over Mir
Alves over Maynard

Silva over Nog
Brock over Carwin

ROUND 3

Rampage over Hendo

BJ over Machida

Rashad over Alves

Silva over Brock

FINAL FOUR

BJ over Rampage

Silva over Rashad

FINALS

Silva over BJ
LOL ... BJ doesn't get out of the first round and GSP smashes hendo ... you are just posting crap now ...
Old 04-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Max

Quote:
LOL ... BJ doesn't get out of the first round and GSP smashes hendo ... you are just posting crap now ...
Chuck does nothing better than BJ, BJ would eat Chuck alive if they both weighed the same. Also, I dont think GSP can take Hendo down. If the GSP v Hendo fight stays standing I think Hendo catches GSP with a right and puts him out.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Chuck does nothing better than BJ, BJ would eat Chuck alive if they both weighed the same. Also, I dont think GSP can take Hendo down. If the GSP v Hendo fight stays standing I think Hendo catches GSP with a right and puts him out.
BJ wouldn't be able to take down chuck without getting KO'd ... randy who is a good wrestler couldn't do it in their last 2 fights, tito couldn't Chuck would keep it standing and win the battle of the sparetires as Ben put it ...

and GSP couldn't take Hendo down? GSP has taken everyone down, Matt, KOS who are also good wrestlers and he did it at will and with east ... he takes out Hendo anyway he pleases .....
Old 04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Max

Quote:
BJ wouldn't be able to take down chuck without getting KO'd ... randy who is a good wrestler couldn't do it in their last 2 fights, tito couldn't Chuck would keep it standing and win the battle of the sparetires as Ben put it ...

and GSP couldn't take Hendo down? GSP has taken everyone down, Matt, KOS who are also good wrestlers and he did it at will and with east ... he takes out Hendo anyway he pleases .....
Im not sure BJ would even try to take Chuck down. BJ has more than enough power in his hands to put Chuck out. Chuck has been dropped at least once in his last 4 fights. BJ would pick Chuck apart until he landed the shot that made Chuck go to sleep.

Matt and Kos are good wrestlers but Heno is on a different level. The guy was a former olympian. In fact if the fight goes to the clinch I would bet Hendo takes GSP down. I think GSP would beat most people on that list I just think Hendo is a bad match up for him.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Im not sure BJ would even try to take Chuck down. BJ has more than enough power in his hands to put Chuck out. Chuck has been dropped at least once in his last 4 fights. BJ would pick Chuck apart until he landed the shot that made Chuck go to sleep.

Matt and Kos are good wrestlers but Heno is on a different level. The guy was a former olympian. In fact if the fight goes to the clinch I would bet Hendo takes GSP down. I think GSP would beat most people on that list I just think Hendo is a bad match up for him.
hendo has been taken down and subbed before ... GSP would just take him down and pound him out ... being an olympian wrestler is great credentials, but they don't have to worry about someone punching or kicking them, once you put that element in there, it is a totally different story ....
Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Hendo was taken down at will by bustamante and ninja rua

your just a hater
Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
Hendo was taken down at will by bustamante and ninja rua

your just a hater
he also won both those fights.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:08 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
he also won both those fights.
right, but those were rua and bustamante who would never be on a p4p list ... gsp is ... it would probably be similar to anderson/hendo yet end up with gsp winning via tko