Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-28-2014, 04:53 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
We obviously see things differently, which is cool.

And to counter your "And in which round was it that Weidman knocked him out?"...who won the first Machida/Shogun fight?
You know how everyone mocks Cecil Peoples for his "Leg kicks don't win fights" comment? Guess which fighter he screwed over & was getting blasted for when he made up that gem?

Machida beat Shogun the same way that GSP beat Hendricks the same way that Bisping beat Hamill.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
You know how everyone mocks Cecil Peoples for his "Leg kicks don't win fights" comment? Guess which fighter he screwed over & was getting blasted for when he made up that gem?

Machida beat Shogun the same way that GSP beat Hendricks the same way that Bisping beat Hamill.
I had to give you some crap because of your Weidman KO'ing Silva comment...that had nothing to do with him being the aggressor or engaging, it was him sitting back watching Silva be a goof and then cracking him one.

And yes, Machida never should have been given that decision....but it does seem to happen in this sport.

FYI...Vitor stated that the UFC dropped him from the fight, it was not his decision on that. The UFC was afraid that he may not get licensed in time, so they pulled him. There was also a random drug test that Vitor took a couple of weeks ago that has not come to light and won't until he attempts to get licensed.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:57 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I had to give you some crap because of your Weidman KO'ing Silva comment...that had nothing to do with him being the aggressor or engaging, it was him sitting back watching Silva be a goof and then cracking him one.
I disagree. He never "sat back & watched". Go watch the fight again. Weidman was cracking Anderson over & over. He was pressing forward, keeping Silva on his heels & landing shots. That's why Anderson went stanky-leg: he got hurt & was trying to play it off.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I disagree. He never "sat back & watched". Go watch the fight again. Weidman was cracking Anderson over & over. He was pressing forward, keeping Silva on his heels & landing shots. That's why Anderson went stanky-leg: he got hurt & was trying to play it off.
Unfortunately I don't access to Fight Pass or anything to watch it again. So I will just take you word for it as you seem to know. It was awhile back and I must obviously be confused.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:08 PM

the problem with machida of late is that even if he wins the round, he doesn't do it convincingly ... his fights against shogun 1, rampage, phil davis and even the mousasi fight to a lesser degree ... i think weidman is actually gonna bully machida in this fight, take him down in the early rounds and beat him on the feet in the later rounds ..